Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    News Link
    Needless to say, this isn't a very positive development for Democrats considering how far they have their heads up their politically correct asses. If you can't see how Islam is the common thread that links these terrorists together, you're going to allow millions more to be killed or enslaved and allow them to attack us here, in our cities.
    The left is soft on terror. Its just a fact.

    Perhaps Obama will tweet something about this... #bring back Boko jobs

  2. #72
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    03-08-15 @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Perhaps the most effective way to counter this would be for POTUS to formally engage the US Armed Forces in a crusade across Africa. The difficult part of the concept would be defining the success of the effort.
    General William Tecumseh Sherman " would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The left is soft on terror. Its just a fact.

    Perhaps Obama will tweet something about this... #bring back Boko jobs
    Nah, instead BO and MO started a Global Initiative.....Let girls learn. Says there is 62 million of them without schooling. Although they never did find the 300 girls Boko kidnapped.

    So that might be 62 million plus 300 now. You know how accurate BO is with numbers, Right?

  4. #74
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    And this coming from one.....that never has any links and always comes with a one liner then just uses a Rolling eyes smiley. But you know something about complexity. Now that is just hilarious.
    I "never have any links"? Blatant lie, MMC. Color me unsurprised.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I "never have any links"? Blatant lie, MMC. Color me unsurprised.
    Oooh Kobie wants to go technical over his posts. Okay.....90% of the time. How you lookin now?

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    What information do you have? I'm getting my facts primarily from Reddit and Wiki, and only occasionally mainstream Western media sources.

    The fact of the matter is that airstrikes are incredibly effective against ISIS. Keep in mind that they're fighting a conventional war at this point, not an insurgency. They rely on troop formations, convoys, etc. just like any traditional state. Our strategy is making this spectacularly difficult for them, since any sizable gathering of troops and/or vehicles is a prime target for air power. As long as ISIS is a group that utilizes territorial control, bombing them will continue to work.
    I get my information partly from longwarjournal.com and partly from various analysts and articles linked to on that site. And I do find the achievements you claim for U.S. airstrikes "incredible." An average on seven combat sorties a day over the last half-year, some of the aircraft involved in them probably returning with their ordnance because they could not locate the target, cannot do nearly as much as you suggest. The lack of troops on the ground to spot targets for aircraft further handicaps this pinprick air "campaign."

    The fact the jihadists recently were able to occupy Khan al-Baghdadi, five miles away from al Asad air base, at which more than 300 Marines are training local forces, is hardly a testimony to progress. That is only about 75 miles up river from Baghdad. The fact the jihadists were able to attack and control the western outskirts of Kirkuk recently, right on the edge of the Kurdish region, also casts doubt about the effectiveness of the effort against them.

    This President is a limpwristed incompetent who is not all that fond of things American. He is not about to do much more than he has been doing. The only two hopeful signs I have seen are, first, the ordering to Kuwait of a army brigade which among other heavy equipment normally has about 100 tanks. How much of their equipment will be with them, or their ultimate destination or mission, remains to be seen.

    Second, there is evidence that the U.S. is building up supplies of munitions and armored vehicles at the former civil airfield near Irbil, in cooperation with the Kurdish provincial government. Both the location of this base and the fact it has an unusually long concrete runway--15,000 feet--suit it to a pretty large military effort of some type. (The relatively short distances from there to the uranium enrichment galleries at Fordoz and Natanz would also seem to make it a good place from which to launch strikes against them and other parts of Iran's atom bomb program--but without a real president, it's safe to dismiss that possibility.)

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Big deal. Neither group has an air force or a navy and are hundreds of miles apart. They are not even on the same continent.

    What assistance can one lead to the other? Practically nothing.

    This is virtually a non-story to me.

    Jeez...is the West terrified easily or what?

  8. #78
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by BringIt View Post
    In a related story...

    Obama to Nigerian Christians: Change Laws on Abortion, Homosexuality If You Want Protection from Boko Haram


    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/02/nigerian-bishop-obama-lets-boko-haram-kill-christians-because-they-oppose-abortion-homosexuality/
    Noting that homosexuality is punishable by death and Nigeria has/had death squads out hunting homosexuals and rape exists at epidemic levels; Nigerian government can't protect women from rape or provide economic opportunity for a woman to support a child, but they are fully willing and able to drive into a coat hangar abortion scenario. They don't have to legalize gay marriage, but executing people for exercising their right of self-determination raises doubt over the value of investing in their defense.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 03-08-15 at 06:03 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Big deal. Neither group has an air force or a navy and are hundreds of miles apart. They are not even on the same continent.

    What assistance can one lead to the other? Practically nothing.

    This is virtually a non-story to me.

    Jeez...is the West terrified easily or what?


    Heya DA. ISIS controls Benghazi and Sirte.....they are also openly cruising the streets of Tripoli.

    Also Ansar al Sharia spread from Yemen to Africa even before ISIS did. But BO peep didn't want to speak out about that since that went against his mantra that he had AQ on the run.

    What happened was.....BO Peep and the lost sheep couldn't figure out that AQ had morphed like a Hydra. Naturally they never were the brightest bulbs in the bunch.

  10. #80
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Boko Haram swears formal allegiance to ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oooh Kobie wants to go technical over his posts. Okay.....90% of the time. How you lookin now?
    I post a lot. I didn't know I was supposed to meet some link quota for you.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •