Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 169

Thread: Obama and Others at Selma

  1. #31
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    I just wanted to note that I just saw a broader picture of the one showing Obama and Lewis recreating the march and in that picture, to the far left of them, or the far right as the picture faces you, are walking George W. and Laura Bush. I had not heard nor seen any mention of them in the major news reports of this story and perhaps that's GW's doing since he wants to keep a very low profile in retirement. It shows the man has great respect for America and American history and contrary to many who claimed otherwise when he was President, George W. Bush does not hate black people - I hope that's clear.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #32
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Could you find us some links on this? When was the last major protest against black on black killings?

    Cause I did a google on protesters march against black on black crime and got a page full of anticop protests... but not a single link to what I searched.

    It's amusing watching you flail here, do go on.
    Yeah, you got a page full of anti-cop protests because that is what is currently in the news and being covered by the major networks.

    "Beyond the data, there’s the anecdotal evidence. And in short, it’s easy to find examples of marches and demonstrations against crime. In the last four years, blacks have held community protests against violence in Chicago; New York; Newark, New Jersey; Pittsburgh; Saginaw, Michigan; and Gary, Indiana" (Black community is concerned with black-on-black crime: Suggesting otherwise is ignoring the facts.)

    Look here as well, it includes a number of links to blacks people protesting black-on-black crime. (Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'? - The Atlantic)

    For NJ more recently look here (In Newark, an anti-violence rally takes over intersection | NJ.com) and Chicago look here (Anti-violence activists protest across city, including at Obama home - Chicago Tribune)

    EDIT: And look here for more NJ black-on-black crime protests (http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/20...e_in_city.html)

    And while they may be categorized as anti-gun violence protests, we know that it is anti black-on-black crime as these places are majority black towns.
    Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 03-08-15 at 01:26 PM.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #33
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Yeah, you got a page full of anti-cop protests because that is what is currently in the news and being covered by the major networks.

    "Beyond the data, there’s the anecdotal evidence. And in short, it’s easy to find examples of marches and demonstrations against crime. In the last four years, blacks have held community protests against violence in Chicago; New York; Newark, New Jersey; Pittsburgh; Saginaw, Michigan; and Gary, Indiana" (Black community is concerned with black-on-black crime: Suggesting otherwise is ignoring the facts.)

    Look here as well, it includes a number of links to blacks people protesting black-on-black crime. (Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'? - The Atlantic)

    For NJ more recently look here (In Newark, an anti-violence rally takes over intersection | NJ.com) and Chicago look here (Anti-violence activists protest across city, including at Obama home - Chicago Tribune)

    Oh it happens, in small groups, from time to time. You had to use the same link twice and have 4 examples from 2012 through 2014.

    Very good.

    No how many antiploice protest?

    I think you'll find it's more then 4 in 2 years, yet the number of blacks shot by police is a fraction of those killed by other blacks.

    That was the real point.

  4. #34
    User BringIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    08-12-15 @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    114

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    ...

    Obama marched at Selma, but he wouldn't march, in Paris, against Isis. Does that tell you anything?
    Wake Up America!

  5. #35
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,446

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by BringIt View Post
    ...

    Obama marched at Selma, but he wouldn't march, in Paris, against Isis. Does that tell you anything?
    It tells me this:

    "Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman

  6. #36
    User BringIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    08-12-15 @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    114

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    In Selma Obama said: ""We’re the slaves who built the White House and the economy of the South. (Applause.) We’re the ranch hands and cowboys who opened up the West, and countless laborers who laid rail, and raised skyscrapers, and organized for workers’ rights."

    What ever happened to... his philosophy of "You didn't build that."

    Seems he wants it both ways.
    Wake Up America!

  7. #37
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Watching all the outrage that Obama is celebrating Black History Month really is amazing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #38
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I am sorry, he is black. Do you know how you can tell? If you saw him and didn't know who his parents are, you would describe him as being black.
    No, I wouldn't. And that's not how you can tell.

    LOL! Just so you know, because you don't seem to, his racial makeup is not open to debate, or what you really wish it to be. He is what he is, with a white mother and a black father. That is a plain, cold fact.

    This is a great example of the liberal mindset at work. 2+2=5 if they say it over and over enough, facts be damned.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #39
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No, I wouldn't. And that's not how you can tell.

    LOL! Just so you know, because you don't seem to, his racial makeup is not open to debate, or what you really wish it to be. He is what he is, with a white mother and a black father. That is a plain, cold fact.

    This is a great example of the liberal mindset at work. 2+2=5 if they say it over and over enough, facts be damned.
    With your definition, probably most of the black people in America are not black at all.


  10. #40
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by BringIt View Post
    ...

    Obama marched at Selma, but he wouldn't march, in Paris, against Isis. Does that tell you anything?
    Yes.....he is okay with ISIS.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •