Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 169 of 169

Thread: Obama and Others at Selma

  1. #161
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,937

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Just cut to the chase, I stated the obvious for you, now tell us what your little bug-a-boo is about what he said.
    Post it, prove it. Why wont you? There's only one rational answer...you cant. Unless you like being publicly called out on lying or being emotionally blinded by your own bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Post it, prove it. Why wont you? There's only one rational answer...you cant. Unless you like being publicly called out on lying or being emotionally blinded by your own bias.
    Oh, Snap! You're telling us you can't find it, again? I already told you what part I was talking about, and you still can't find it? That's seems pretty hopeless to me. And TB posted if for you too. Oh, it looks like you just don 't want to see what is right before your eyes, because you know what he said, like the jerk he is.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #163
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,937

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, Snap! You're telling us you can't find it, again? I already told you what part I was talking about, and you still can't find it? That's seems pretty hopeless to me. And TB posted if for you too. Oh, it looks like you just don 't want to see what is right before your eyes, because you know what he said, like the jerk he is.
    No...I found it and interpreted it for you. Proving you wrong.

    If it exists in the transcripts *you linked to* or that TB posted...please prove me wrong and post it. You cant....your protests are very sad, but I'm sure you'd love to redeem yourself by proving me wrong. YOu have the ability to do that, right?....I wonder why you wont?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...I found it and interpreted it for you. Proving you wrong.
    How, exactly, would that be proof?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #165
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,937

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    How, exactly, would that be proof?
    If he said what you claimed, it's in the transcript that you gave me, right? And in the one that TB posted. Right?

    Surely you can cut and paste it right here, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I have to agree, he gets up there and said that because of the march across the bridge, his parents got together and had him.
    See? I just cut and pasted a quote of your claim. It was easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If he said what you claimed, it's in the transcript that you gave me, right? And in the one that TB posted. Right?

    Surely you can cut and paste it right here, right?
    Who cares if I cut and paste it or not? What he said is self evident, no need to prove anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...I found it and interpreted it for you. Proving you wrong.
    Again, how is you interpreting something (that needs no interpretation) proof?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #167
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,937

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Who cares if I cut and paste it or not? What he said is self evident, no need to prove anything.


    Again, how is you interpreting something (that needs no interpretation) proof?
    Your lie is not self-evident (that's kind of the definition of the opposite of a lie, lol). What you claim does not exist. If you wish to prove me wrong....you'll have to provide the quote that shows your claim is true.

    You do know how posting on the Internet works, right? Not thru mindmelds but actual text proving you are correct....or not, lol.

    So, put up or shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,450

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Wasn't this already quoted and dismissed by post 23?

    Oh year: http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064396415

    "Senator Obama might be considered guilty of engaging in little pandering here by trying to imply a direct line between the 1965 Selma, Alabama, marches and his personal background (since he was speaking in Selma at the time).

    However, the tenor of his speech was how the overall growth and progress of the Civil Rights movement affected the outlook of blacks (including his family), both in the U.S. and abroad. That movement did not start with the 1965 marches in Selma; it was a process that began and grew across the years, including among its landmark events the 1955-56 bus boycott in Montgomery (which occurred several years before Barack Obama was born, and before his father left Africa for the U.S.) and the 1963 anti-segregation protests in Birmingham all of which (along with the Selma marches) took place in Alabama, and all of which were referenced by Senator Obama in his speech that day:

    Yet something happened back here in Selma, Alabama. Something happened in Birmingham that sent out what Bobby Kennedy called, "Ripples of hope all around the world."

    Something happened when a bunch of women decided they were going to walk instead of ride the bus
    after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry, looking after somebody else's children. When men who had PhD's decided that's enough and we're going to stand up for our dignity.

    That sent a shout across oceans so that my grandfather began to imagine something different for his son. His son, who grew up herding goats in a small village in Africa could suddenly set his sights a little higher and believe that maybe a black man in this world had a chance.

    What happened in Selma, Alabama and Birmingham also stirred the conscience of the nation.



    snopes.com: Say What, Barack?

    This is the entirety of that speech:

    CNN.com - Transcripts

    another snippet:


    "OBAMA: And he met this woman, whose great-, great-, great-, great-grandfather had owned slaves, but she had a different idea. There's some good craziness going on because they looked at each other and they decided, we know that in the world as it has been it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child.

    But something stirred across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks were willing to march across a bridge. And so they got together, Barack Obama Jr. was born.


    (APPLAUSE)

    OBAMA: So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don't tell me I'm not coming home when I come to Selma, Alabama. I'm here because somebody marched for our freedom. I'm here because y'all sacrificed for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants. I thank the Moses generation."

  9. #169
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Your lie is not self-evident (that's kind of the definition of the opposite of a lie, lol). What you claim does not exist. If you wish to prove me wrong....you'll have to provide the quote that shows your claim is true.

    You do know how posting on the Internet works, right? Not thru mindmelds but actual text proving you are correct....or not, lol.

    So, put up or shut up.
    Whatever...
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •