Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 169

Thread: Obama and Others at Selma

  1. #131
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,706

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Wait - I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with either of you. I like you both and wasn't trying to settle any kind of dispute either way. I just posted the clip and text.

    He most definitely wanted the audience to see him as one of the black Americans who came from a legacy of struggle. He didn't. His mother was white, his father was a black man whose ancestors didn't live here. He (Obama) implied that Selma had something to do with his parents getting together. If nothing else, he used it to put out the misconception that his white mother was actually a champion of black causes.

    He's full of ****, and the nonsense he spewed about Selma and Barack Obama, Jr. is typical of his bull****.
    I think the point he was making was that because of the struggles of the civil rights movement...like Selma...it was possible for people of color...which he is...to marry interracially, find more opportunities, etc. IMO any person of color in the 60s and 70s had to face struggles of less acceptance and many still do today.

    Your transcirpt exerpt was helpful....appreciated.

    Unless Anthony can 'put up or shut up,'; I'd say it indeed showed Obama didnt lie (or is incompetant in math).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,706

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Know one even knows what you are going on about now. You've explained nothing, made no points, and your biggest defense has been that you can't find anything. Wipe the oatmeal from your chin, and move on. Game over man.
    Of course they do and TB presented it very nicely...and showed you lied or chose to drink the Koolaid.

    You would just like to get out of this somehow, saving face. You can: show us the quote where he lied.

    Otherwise, put up or shut up....do not attack me because I called you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Of course they do and TB presented it very nicely...and showed you lied or chose to drink the Koolaid.

    You would just like to get out of this somehow, saving face. You can: show us the quote where he lied.

    Otherwise, put up or shut up....do not attack me because I called you out.
    Haha... I could have left this discussion a long time ago if I chose to, I am just hanging around waiting you to make one, single, detailed point. Thus far, as I said, you just can't find anything at all. That's not much to go on.

    I posted the speech, and TB got more specific, yet you are still in some sort of daze where you can't find anything!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #134
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,706

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Haha... I could have left this discussion a long time ago if I chose to, I am just hanging around waiting you to make one, single, detailed point. Thus far, as I said, you just can't find anything at all. That's not much to go on.

    I posted the speech, and TB got more specific, yet you are still in some sort of daze where you can't find anything!
    My point is you lied or believed a lie because of closeminded bias and now you cannot prove differently.

    I think it's an important point to recognize: that people who are unable to distinguish between fact and fiction will choose fiction because they want to....not because it's real. It's sadly common. You provide an example.

    And you never proved it was 'real'. Because you couldnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    My point is you lied or believed a lie because of closeminded bias and now you cannot prove differently.
    Well, you were wrong, you've proved nothing, and you can't prove it because I didn't lie about anything. Unless you are saying that CNN altered the speech, which I really doubt. And you still haven't made one damn point.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #136
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,706

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, you were wrong, you've proved nothing, and you can't prove it because I didn't lie about anything. Unless you are saying that CNN altered the speech, which I really doubt. And you still haven't made one damn point.
    Of course you lied or are sadly mislead. We both read and heard the same thing.

    He never said what you claimed. If so, please post the quote where he did. You and TB both posted the transcript. It shouldnt be too hard to pull out and post the words that support your claim.

    You are aware that on Internet forums, that is the norm to 'verify what you claim is true?' Is there some reason you feel you are exempt from that? Perhaps you feel we can read your mind over the Internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    You're going to have to, at the very least, quote me on exactly what I said that you claim to be a lie.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #138
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Way to not focus on his racial background.

    I'm sure you'll be the first to tell us all about how Ben Carson is "blacker."
    Oh, is he blacker? In what way are you using the term "blacker"? Are you simply referring to his racial makeup by percentage, or is there some other way that one is, to use your term, "blacker" than someone else?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #139
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,706

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You're going to have to, at the very least, quote me on exactly what I said that you claim to be a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    What he lied about was the march at Selma inspiring his parents to have a child, that turned out to be him. Pay attention, he didn't even state his date of birth or age.

    Pretty easy to follow the little arrows back.

    post 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Pretty easy to follow the little arrows back.

    post 94
    So, I was replying to a lie that you were implying that I said. Something I didn't say at all, but you tried to make it as if I said it. And you got smacked down. Nice one.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •