Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 169

Thread: Obama and Others at Selma

  1. #101
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I read it. Nowhere does it say he was conceived because of Selma...

    If I missed what you were referring to, please post the quote and a general area of the article.
    Of course you missed it, no big surprise. I have a feeling I could post it in triple size and you still wouldn't see it, willfully. So, have a day!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #102
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,928

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Of course you missed it, no big surprise. I have a feeling I could post it in triple size and you still wouldn't see it, willfully. So, have a day!


    So it's not actually in there and you lied or drank the koolaid, lol

    Thanks for playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post


    So it's not actually in there and you lied or drank the koolaid, lol

    Thanks for playing.
    or you read it, but have decided to pretend you didn't see it because you are unable to deal with it. I'll let you in on a little secret... the rest of the world can see it, even if you keep holding your breath and saying he didn't say what he said.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #104
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,928

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    or you read it, but have decided to pretend you didn't see it because you are unable to deal with it. I'll let you in on a little secret... the rest of the world can see it, even if you keep holding your breath and saying he didn't say what he said.
    You are making a fool of yourself. If you cant quote it here and give me a general idea where it is in the article, we can all see I called your bluff.


    And the rest of the world cant see it...you are the only one I've heard bring it up. So...again...too much koolaid tsk tsk tsk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #105
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,122

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Completely irrelevant. I don't know where you get worrying, or racist from. You on the left are always seeing race first.

    You are mixing up two different things, fact and perception. Fact is, without a doubt, his racial makeup is 50% white and 50% black. Absolutely no doubt there. But, you perceive him to be a black man. You've been conditioned that way, many people will quite easily go along with this because they want it to be true. They've been conditioned to be this way.

    But look at him. No where near as dark as his father. No where near as white as his mother. Just about in the middle. He has features from both, not just his father's. But even if he had no white features and his skin color wasn't so light, he is still 50/50.
    How Barack Obama would have been viewed in 1855 or 1955 is how he should be viewed today. He is a black man. He is a black American. This is important, because he deserves to be fully recognized as America's first black president. To undercut that accomplishment by suggesting isn't worthy of being the first black American president is reprehensible. It is only done to either deny or otherwise diminish the accomplishment. If you don't understand this to be a racist comment, then you are part of the problem. It is!

    You are the one that felt the need to make this distinction. You are the one that felt that he was somehow less than worthy to be considered a black president. You are the one that brought race into the commentary. I merely pointed out to you that you lacked social grace.

    This important for those that think we are in a post racial America. We are not. Racism is alive and well in America; it is alive and well on this board and, apparently, is alive and well in your heart. It needs to be called out where ever it rears its ugly head. Its unbecoming of intelligent people and unbecoming of a civilized culture.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 03-10-15 at 10:25 PM.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You are making a fool of yourself. If you cant quote it here and give me a general idea where it is in the article, we can all see I called your bluff.


    And the rest of the world cant see it...you are the only one I've heard bring it up. So...again...too much koolaid tsk tsk tsk
    Oh, please. If you can't even figure out what I am talking about after all these posts, (oh, but I am making a fool of myself, LOL) that is pretty sad. But quite amusing, also.

    I could quote it (actually, there are two lies in there) if I felt like it, but I already gave you a link for the speech, which you could have gotten yourself in much less time than it took you to ask me to do it for you. So really, if you are that ineffective, you certainly aren't going to do any better at this point. Let the games continue!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #107
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    How Barack Obama would have been viewed in 1855 or 1955 is how he should be viewed today. He is a black man. He is a black American. This is important, because he deserves to be fully recognized as America's first black president. To undercut that accomplishment by suggesting isn't worthy of being the first black American president is reprehensible. It is only done to either deny or otherwise diminish the accomplishment. If you don't understand this to be a racist comment, then you are part of the problem. It is!

    You are the one that felt the need to make this distinction. You are the one that felt that he was somehow less than worthy to be considered a black president. You are the one that brought race into the commentary. I merely pointed out to you that you lacked social grace.

    This important for those that think we are in a post racial America. We are not. Racism is alive and well in America; it is alive and well on this board and, apparently, is alive and well in your heart. It needs to be called out where ever it rears its ugly head. Its unbecoming of intelligent people and unbecoming of a civilized culture.
    Wow, what a hero you are to call out me, the big, bad racist! The race card once again from the left, huge surprise. But go ahead and keep supporting a party that makes sure minorities don't get any ideas in their heads about being as good and smart as all the white democrats. You keep telling them that they are not good enough, that they need more government programs and handouts to get bye in life. If enough of these people figured out what was going on, the democrat party would be out of business. That sounds pretty racist to me.

    Oh, and Obama is still 50% white, and 50% black no matter how much you cry about it. He's the blackest president so far, but he isn't even majority black. I guess facts are racist to you, LOL.

    Let me know when you are capable of doing math and ingesting facts and actually being capable of processing them.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #108
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,928

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, please. If you can't even figure out what I am talking about after all these posts, (oh, but I am making a fool of myself, LOL) that is pretty sad. But quite amusing, also.

    I could quote it (actually, there are two lies in there) if I felt like it, but I already gave you a link for the speech, which you could have gotten yourself in much less time than it took you to ask me to do it for you. So really, if you are that ineffective, you certainly aren't going to do any better at this point. Let the games continue!
    No...you cannot quote it because there's nothing there that supports your claim. And you cant read either because I told you I did read it and *I quoted a passage for you* and showed how you either lied or sucked it up as koolaid.

    All your blustering excuses are just that...I called your bluff and now you cant figure out how to save face.

    Well...you could indeed do that....if that quote is there. But....it's not.
    Last edited by Lursa; 03-11-15 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...you cannot quote it because there's nothing there that supports your claim. And you cant read either because I told you I did read it and *I quoted a passage for you* and showed how you either lied or sucked it up as koolaid.

    All your blustering excuses are just that...I called your bluff and now you cant figure out how to save face.

    Well...you could indeed do that....if that quote is there. But....it's not.
    Haha... all I can do is laugh at your passive aggressive BS. Get a spine.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #110
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...you cannot quote it because there's nothing there that supports your claim. And you cant read either because I told you I did read it and *I quoted a passage for you* and showed how you either lied or sucked it up as koolaid.

    All your blustering excuses are just that...I called your bluff and now you cant figure out how to save face.

    Well...you could indeed do that....if that quote is there. But....it's not.
    Oh, and if you have a point make, do so. I referenced a well publicized part of his speech where he claimed that his parents decided to have him because of Selma, even though he was born 4 years prior to that march.

    And you are like Colonel Klink, you know nothing, and keep it up, even after I spoon feed you the speech. And still, after many posts, you haven't made a single point other than... Huh? I don't see anything. Where is it? So, get back to me when you've regained your bearings.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •