Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 169

Thread: Obama and Others at Selma

  1. #91
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    We should never forget our history, but we should memorialize our accomplishments instead of our failures and move forward instead of harping on the past like some old biddy.

  2. #92
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    No, it wasn't.

    NYT photographer: We didn't crop George W. Bush from Selma pic - Nick Gass - POLITICO


    “Just so you know, President Bush was not cropped out, he was not in that frame because he was so far to our right,”



    “I did not even send this frame because it’s very wide and super busy and Bush is super-overexposed because he was in the sun and Obama and the others are in the shade,”
    They have a plausible excuse for everything. Less than 50 men have been President, you don't leave one out no matter what. I call bull****.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    What, are you disappointed? Where you expecting something different? Why let facts get in the way of a good story? The sad thing is, he knows he can tell this to all his followers and they will obediently believe it. At least I know I would seriously question my support for someone that treated me that way. But he knows that liberals are a "the ends justifies the means" type group.
    So you believe he did lie about where he was born and his age?

    good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you believe he did lie about where he was born and his age?

    good to know.
    What he lied about was the march at Selma inspiring his parents to have a child, that turned out to be him. Pay attention, he didn't even state his date of birth or age.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Call me when there are marches and protest of black on black crime, call me when we hear the people of Chicago are rioting over a gangland shooting.

    Oh, wait... you'll never call....
    Ok...

    Black community is concerned with black-on-black crime: Suggesting otherwise is ignoring the facts.

    You may not have noticed black protests against crime, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t happened.

    ...

    “Do black people care about crime in their neighborhoods?”

    ... [a little context:] In the last 20 years, we’ve seen a sharp drop in homicide among blacks, from a victimization rate of 39.4 homicides per 100,000 in 1991 to a rate of roughly 20 homicides per 100,000 in 2008. Likewise, the offending rate for blacks has dropped from 51.1 offenders per 100,000 in 1991 to 24.7 offenders per 100,000 in 2008. This decrease has continued through the 2010s and is part of a larger—and largely unexplained—national drop in crime. But while black neighborhoods are far less dangerous than they were a generation ago, black people are still concerned with victimization.

    ...

    In the last four years, blacks have held community protests against violence in Chicago; New York; Newark, New Jersey; Pittsburgh; Saginaw, Michigan; and Gary, Indiana.
    So, it turns out these protests may not be garnering national headlines, but they do take place.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Oh it happens, in small groups, from time to time. You had to use the same link twice and have 4 examples from 2012 through 2014.

    Very good.

    No how many antiploice protest?

    I think you'll find it's more then 4 in 2 years, yet the number of blacks shot by police is a fraction of those killed by other blacks.

    That was the real point.
    You got the evidence you were looking for - that Black people DO care about Black-on-Black crime and that we DO hold protests where such crimes are committed. Why then do you go out of your way to downplay (i.e., "Oh, it happens...in small groups...from time-to-time.") or attempt to discredit the evidence presented (i.e., "same link twice and have 4 examples from 2012 through 2014"). The fact that Mr. Invisible (myself and perhaps others) have presented you with links to articles that clearly demonstrate that Blacks DO hold protests against Black-on-Black crime and have done so recently should have been enough to quite the chatter on this false perception. Why continue complaining on this tangent?
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #97
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    What he lied about was the march at Selma inspiring his parents to have a child, that turned out to be him. Pay attention, he didn't even state his date of birth or age.
    Ah...do you have any links to that lie? I didnt see it reported anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    We should never forget our history, but we should memorialize our accomplishments instead of our failures and move forward instead of harping on the past like some old biddy.
    I agree. It's why I haven't commented on the Selma 50th Anniversary celebration in the sense of a reflection of the wrongs that were committed in the past. Instead, I've reflected on just how far we have come and shared my positive experience while in Selma for the 50th Anniversary event.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #99
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Ah...do you have any links to that lie? I didnt see it reported anywhere.
    What, is your Google broken or something? Not reported anywhere? It's not exactly a piece of trivia. But here, I did it for you...

    CNN.com - Transcripts

    took 0.3 seconds.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #100
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Obama and Others at Selma

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    What, is your Google broken or something? Not reported anywhere? It's not exactly a piece of trivia. But here, I did it for you...

    CNN.com - Transcripts

    took 0.3 seconds.
    I read it. Nowhere does it say he was conceived because of Selma. He said 'I'm here today because of the people that marched.' He was HERE, speaking a function and running for president. You cant just pull it out of context of the entire exchange they were having.

    I love love love love it! The same kind of blind obedience and imprisonment in a rigid mind that only allows someone to interpret something according to their own preconceived notions, not realty. Just like the Birthers! What a great example, thanks.

    If I missed what you were referring to, please post the quote and a general area of the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •