Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #931
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wow you are a real misogynist:

    Results. Almost 24% of all relationships had some violence, and half (49.7%) of those were reciprocally violent. In nonreciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more than 70% of the cases. Reciprocity was associated with more frequent violence among women (adjusted odds ratio [AOR]=2.3; 95% confidence interval [CI]=1.9, 2.8), but not men (AOR=1.26; 95% CI=0.9, 1.7). Regarding injury, men were more likely to inflict injury than were women (AOR=1.3; 95% CI=1.1, 1.5), and reciprocal intimate partner violence was associated with greater injury than was nonreciprocal intimate partner violence regardless of the gender of the perpetrator (AOR=4.4; 95% CI=3.6, 5.5).

    Differences in Frequency of Violence and Reported Injury Between Relationships With Reciprocal and Nonreciprocal Intimate Partner Violence
    First of all, I like how you opened with name calling.

    I said women were more likely to RESORT to violence, as in initiate it (non-reciprocal). Try again bud, I get all the latest data on domestic violence through work.

    Maybe next time, instead of feigning a desire to see the data, just cut straight to the name calling, ok?

  2. #932
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    04-10-17 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,259

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    First of all, I like how you opened with name calling. .
    Calling a spade a spade is name calling?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I said women were more likely to RESORT to violence, as in initiate it (non-reciprocal). Try again bud, I get all the latest data on domestic violence through work.
    Of course you do that is why you link to original source material. Oh wait you did not that, go figure.

  3. #933
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,214

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wow you are a real misogynist:

    Results. Almost 24% of all relationships had some violence, and half (49.7%) of those were reciprocally violent. In nonreciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more than 70% of the cases. Reciprocity was associated with more frequent violence among women (adjusted odds ratio [AOR]=2.3; 95% confidence interval [CI]=1.9, 2.8), but not men (AOR=1.26; 95% CI=0.9, 1.7). Regarding injury, men were more likely to inflict injury than were women (AOR=1.3; 95% CI=1.1, 1.5), and reciprocal intimate partner violence was associated with greater injury than was nonreciprocal intimate partner violence regardless of the gender of the perpetrator (AOR=4.4; 95% CI=3.6, 5.5).

    Differences in Frequency of Violence and Reported Injury Between Relationships With Reciprocal and Nonreciprocal Intimate Partner Violence

    What is misogunistic about that? Your own stats show how violent women are/can be! For ****s sake?

    In 2006-07 men made up 43.4% of all those who had suffered partner abuse in the previous year, which rose to 45.5% in 2007-08

    More than 40% of domestic violence victims are male, report reveals | Society | The Guardian

  4. #934
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Calling a spade a spade is name calling?



    Of course you do that is why you link to original source material. Oh wait you did not that, go figure.


    Just pure emotion. Can you explain how facts are misogynistic? Learn to make your case better and you wont have to resort to that.

    Ive given you the links, the American studies are on Pubmed. (Library of Congress).

  5. #935
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right. The vast minority of women that walk alone drunk at night are not attacked... by your logic those that do no think this is safe are irrational. Brilliant.
    The vast majority of women do not walk around alone and drunk at night. But there are actual statistics and information to support that this is unsafe. Again, no statistics at all to support that having a transgendered woman in a women's locker room is unsafe.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #936
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,214

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The vast majority of women do not walk around alone and drunk at night. But there are actual statistics and information to support that this is unsafe.
    Yet you show none...

    And I clearly said the vast MINORITY of women THAT DO WALK ALONE AT NIGHT but you are showing something I have never seen of you before... intellectual dishonesty.

  7. #937
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Better than posting a couple of random pics about whoever they are as an argument. I have biological facts backing me. What do you have?
    Except we don't determine in real life who uses which restroom by actual biology, but rather by how people look, their appearances. Those pictures prove it because almost everyone on here arguing about this would have stopped the first person from entering that female restroom and been shocked as hell to see the second in a male restroom. No one checks for the physical presence of a penis or vagina to determine which locker room or restroom a person uses. And DNA would be too expensive to actually check.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #938
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,214

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except we don't determine in real life who uses which restroom by actual biology, but rather by how people look, their appearances. Those pictures prove it because almost everyone on here arguing about this would have stopped the first person from entering that female restroom and been shocked as hell to see the second in a male restroom. No one checks for the physical presence of a penis or vagina to determine which locker room or restroom a person uses. And DNA would be too expensive to actually check.
    I admit that some do look like the oppsite gender the fact is that the posted pics could be anybody and literally mean NOTHING...

  9. #939
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Yet you show none...

    And I clearly said the vast MINORITY of women THAT DO WALK ALONE AT NIGHT but you are showing something I have never seen of you before... intellectual dishonesty.
    You said "the vast minority of women... are not attacked" indicating that a majority of women are attacked who walk around alone at night, at least that is how I read it, hence my response. No dishonesty. For one thing, this isn't true. Not many women comparably speaking are attacked even if they walk alone at night drunk. While doing this puts them at a higher risk for attack, attacks are still less likely to happen than to not be attacked.

    Here's the evidence that alcohol contributes to the risk of sexual assault.

    Alcohol and Sexual Assault

    Conservative estimates of sexual assault prevalence suggest that 25 percent of American women have experienced sexual assault, including rape. Approximately one-half of those cases involve alcohol consumption by the perpetrator, victim, or both. Alcohol contributes to sexual assault through multiple pathways, often exacerbating existing risk factors.
    Now, where would be the evidence that a transgendered person in the locker room or even a policy that allows people to use the restroom/locker room of the sex/gender they identify as increases risk of sexual assault or harassment?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #940
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I admit that some do look like the oppsite gender the fact is that the posted pics could be anybody and literally mean NOTHING...
    The fact is that you don't know and people make assumptions about gender almost exclusively based on looks, not actual physical aspects of sex, and especially not DNA.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •