Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #881
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,024

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yes but somehow (because you say so) bakeries have to make gay wedding cakes. Interesting dichotomy.
    Yes, I realize that some people know so little about running a business that they can't tell the difference between refusing a customer because they're gay and refusing a customer because they're an obnoxious bigot.

    They try to cover their lack of business experience with words like "dichotomy"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #882
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont think its just the appearance that bothers them.
    It doesn't matter. Hell, some women don't feel safe with women of other races in the locker rooms with them. Other women don't feel safe in the locker room by themselves or unless they are all alone. That is their issue, their problem.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #883
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It is rarely illegal for a person to use the "wrong" locker room/restroom. It is generally up to the person who owns the restroom, not any specific law.

    I dare you to try to bring a police officer to a business that you don't own and that has a policy that allows transgendered people to use whichever locker room/restroom they feel most comfortable in, and see how far it goes. I'll give you hint, you might want to bring something to read, like a whole library, while you wait for the police to arrive.

    It is not your restroom, not your locker room, nor is it the woman's.
    Its illegal if it disturbs the peace. And regardless of a companies policies, they wont stay in business long if there are too many of those episodes.

  4. #884
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You nor those women have a right to not feel uncomfortable, nor even unsafe when they can't rationally show why it is reasonable for them to feel unsafe by a policy allowing transgendered people to use the locker room of the sex/gender they identify as. A person cannot simply claim "I don't feel safe", and that change a policy. They have to show a rational reason for not feeling unsafe, and you have nothing except your beliefs and bigotry about transgendered people. Heck, you can't even show that more instances of violence against women occur where such policies exist.
    Its interesting you make that statement when sexual harassment laws and policies specifically specifically state there need not be an actual threat, just the perception of one.

  5. #885
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, I realize that some people know so little about running a business that they can't tell the difference between refusing a customer because they're gay and refusing a customer because they're an obnoxious bigot.

    They try to cover their lack of business experience with words like "dichotomy"
    Can you think of a better word to describe it? Thats what I thought.

  6. #886
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its illegal if it disturbs the peace. And regardless of a companies policies, they wont stay in business long if there are too many of those episodes.
    Nope. They would have to prove that the person's presence, and not the irrational reaction to the presence, "disturbed the peace", a fight they wouldn't likely win if the owner of the place isn't willing to press charges against the transgendered person for being there.

    If you don't agree, show me a case where the owner's policy was trumped by someone else's discomfort.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #887
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its interesting you make that statement when sexual harassment laws and policies specifically specifically state there need not be an actual threat, just the perception of one.
    It has to be a perception of a reasonable threat from a reasonable person standpoint. Just because a person claims sexual harassment because someone is staring at them, doesn't mean it actually occurred. Just because someone doesn't understand social customs of being nice, doesn't mean people are being sexually harassed.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #888
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    03-17-17 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A man who claims to be female, and insists on going into women's dressing facilities, cannot be assumed to be harmless. Such behavior is prima facie proof that he is, at the very least, severely disturbed, and lacking in respect for appropriate social boundaries. If someone is so inclined to violate such boundaries to that extent, then there is no reason to assume that he will stop there.
    Another perfect example of a 100% pure bigoted, hateful, topically ignorant and evil view. Thank you.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #889
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,024

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Can you think of a better word to describe it?
    Yes, I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #890
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It has to be a perception of a reasonable threat from a reasonable person standpoint. Just because a person claims sexual harassment because someone is staring at them, doesn't mean it actually occurred. Just because someone doesn't understand social customs of being nice, doesn't mean people are being sexually harassed.
    I can see why a woman would be concerned about a man, trying to look like a woman, standing in the locker room.

Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •