Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #861
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I haven't cared since before I found out I had a transgendered sibling.

    And so what if others care? They need to get over it. If they can't handle changes in societal norms, that is their problem. They will adapt or not. It likely won't change their lives that much for that long. Society changes. Social norms change. It is part of life.
    So your premise is that somehow you are the arbiter of who has legitimate concerns, and in this case, its not the people concerned about the husky man with the dress hanging out in the womens locker room?

  2. #862
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So your premise is that somehow you are the arbiter of who has legitimate concerns, and in this case, its not the people concerned about the husky man with the dress hanging out in the womens locker room?
    What about the husky woman in a overalls hanging out in the women's locker room?

  3. #863
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What about the husky woman in a overalls hanging out in the women's locker room?
    What about the gay guy hanging out in the mens sauna?

  4. #864
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What about the gay guy hanging out in the mens sauna?
    There you go. So what's the big deal about the husky man in a woman's dress?

  5. #865
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So your premise is that somehow you are the arbiter of who has legitimate concerns, and in this case, its not the people concerned about the husky man with the dress hanging out in the womens locker room?
    A legitimate concern would have to be based on some sort of evidence that a person is a danger to others, not simply beliefs based on personal biases and stereotypes and comfort zones. This is why we put sex offenders on sex offender lists, but not simply your neighbor, all teachers and coaches, you, homosexuals, transgendered people in general, those without children over a certain age, people who are past 50 and never married, or all Asians. Because there is no evidence that any of these groups actually are a danger to people, while there is evidence that those convicted of sex related offenses are a potential danger to other people.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #866
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    There you go. So what's the big deal about the husky man in a woman's dress?
    Im not a woman. I can see why they'd feel unsafe.

  7. #867
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    A legitimate concern would have to be based on some sort of evidence that a person is a danger to others, not simply beliefs based on personal biases and stereotypes and comfort zones. This is why we put sex offenders on sex offender lists, but not simply your neighbor, all teachers and coaches, you, homosexuals, transgendered people in general, those without children over a certain age, people who are past 50 and never married, or all Asians. Because there is no evidence that any of these groups actually are a danger to people, while there is evidence that those convicted of sex related offenses are a potential danger to other people.
    Listen to yourself-"legitimate concerns", "so what", "they need to get over it".
    Other people see things differently than you. Do you want some beardo glaring through your window while you shower?

  8. #868
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Listen to yourself-"legitimate concerns", "so what", "they need to get over it".
    Other people see things differently than you. Do you want some beardo glaring through your window while you shower?
    And if it is their shower, restroom, locker room, they are free to not allow people in. There are some states where they wouldn't have a choice, but very few. Even if this changes, you could simply just make your gym completely private, like the YMCA. Then you get to make that determination for yourself, especially if you can state the separation as a religious tenet. Or you could just simply change/shower at home.

    Why would someone who is uncomfortable with their body or not okay with pretty much anybody seeing them naked leave their window open while they were naked in their tub? Hell, why in the hell would you put a window in your bathroom if you are that uncomfortable with such things? Not that I think its okay for someone to be a "peeping Tom", but then I also judge people on their intent. They could have simply been looking to see if anyone was home, because who knows perhaps they ran over the cat, and not realized that the person was stupid enough to leave the window wide open in their bathroom while buck naked.

    I actually went around topless more often than not at home while I was breastfeeding my first son. My husband would be more concerned about people seeing me than I was. I really don't care. It is just a breast and much more convenient to leave it out to feed the baby when first starting out than to constantly be putting it back into a bra. Heck, it wasn't really that comfortable to have anything touching them at that time.

    Of course, no one has yet to explain to me why someone who is uncomfortable with the possibility of certain people seeing them naked can't just use a private stall. If someone actually purposely goes out of their way to then see your naked body, you have a legitimate claim of being harassed, no matter the sex, gender, sexual orientation, etc. of that person. It even works the other way too. Or you could simply find a gym that doesn't hold such a policy. Instead of complaining that the gym you go to, but you don't own has this policy.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #869
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,923

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im not a woman. I can see why they'd feel unsafe.
    I am, and I can't. They are being irrational. Good thing most women aren't actually like these women who have shown how sexist they can be.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #870
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,073

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Listen to yourself-"legitimate concerns", "so what", "they need to get over it".
    Other people see things differently than you. Do you want some beardo glaring through your window while you shower?
    If they don't like it, they can go to another gym
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •