Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #771
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I like how your argument is rooted on the fact that people can't see though the deception. It reminds of people telling men that were tricked into sleeping with one of these people that they shouldn't care because they couldn't tell the difference. It's just a nice pile of nonsense is all it really is.
    No one is sleeping with anyone in the locker rooms or restrooms. This isn't a relationship between people. It is an encounter in a room, if that. In most cases, you aren't even going to see them naked. And the judgement is made purely on looks, not DNA nor actually seeing genitalia.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #772
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    05-27-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    58,340

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No one is sleeping with anyone in the locker rooms or restrooms. This isn't a relationship between people. It is an encounter in a room, if that. In most cases, you aren't even going to see them naked. And the judgement is made purely on looks, not DNA nor actually seeing genitalia.
    The fact still remains they are men in the restroom designed for women. You can talk all day about how splitting up the rooms is stupid or about how people shouldn't be bothered by any of this or how you changed with men(not like I believe you on that), but it still doesn't change the fact these rooms are designed for women and a man is in the room.

  3. #773
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The fact still remains they are men in the restroom designed for women. You can talk all day about how splitting up the rooms is stupid or about how people shouldn't be bothered by any of this or how you changed with men(not like I believe you on that), but it still doesn't change the fact these rooms are designed for women and a man is in the room.
    Thats not a fact at all, in fact the rooms arent "designed" for anybody unless of course you are desperately trying to claim that the presence of urinals or not is a design but that would fail because all which all transgenders do not use urinals or have the equipment to and many mens facilities also do not have urinals. The design is actually controlled by PF and they make the rules. Its designed how ever they want to be.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #774
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The fact still remains they are men in the restroom designed for women. You can talk all day about how splitting up the rooms is stupid or about how people shouldn't be bothered by any of this or how you changed with men(not like I believe you on that), but it still doesn't change the fact these rooms are designed for women and a man is in the room.
    No restroom is specifically "designed" for just women. Even those "designed" for men are not unable to be used by women.

    And you don't have to believe me, but I don't need to lie about it. It happened. Now, there were some guys who waited for me to finish changing or asked that I wait for them if they got there first. No big deal. But most had no issue whatsoever with it. It wasn't a big deal.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #775
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,679

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    That is her problem, sort of like someone seeing a news report that a gym (not their gym), had cameras or an employee "spying" on people changing, then the person getting paranoid that their gym might be doing it and suing because it could have happened that someone might be spying on them. The intimidation was in her head, not something the gym should have to pay her for. There is no more actual sexual harassment from a transgendered woman or even a man just seeing a woman naked than a woman seeing another woman naked. There was no reasonable expectation of privacy in a locker room, where people get undressed. The only expectation of privacy there would be in people not touching you or not having someone peek at you when you are behind a shower curtain or a stall door/curtain.
    Which gyms have policies that allow cameras or people of the opposite sex to spy on people changing without posting signs or otherwise letting customers know of the policy?

  6. #776
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,679

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    They are a business, and they have every right to allow those who identify as a certain gender into those rooms.
    Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the laws of the state. This lawsuit should help clarify how things work in this particular state.

  7. #777
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    That is her problem, sort of like someone seeing a news report that a gym (not their gym), had cameras or an employee "spying" on people changing, then the person getting paranoid that their gym might be doing it and suing because it could have happened that someone might be spying on them. The intimidation was in her head, not something the gym should have to pay her for. There is no more actual sexual harassment from a transgendered woman or even a man just seeing a woman naked than a woman seeing another woman naked. There was no reasonable expectation of privacy in a locker room, where people get undressed. The only expectation of privacy there would be in people not touching you or not having someone peek at you when you are behind a shower curtain or a stall door/curtain.
    din ding ding ding

    the case is desperation of a settlement and has no real legs of law, rights or justice to stand on
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #778
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,679

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The complaining woman chose her actions in the locker room based on her own irrational fears, nothing more. It is irrational to fear a man being in the locker room. It is especially irrational to fear a transgendered woman being in the locker room, particularly since there is absolutely no evidence that she was a danger to anyone. This is no different than if someone was uncomfortable with a lesbian being in the locker room and "fearing" the lesbian would attack or look at other women.
    No, such fears are not "irrational," and of course there is no way of knowing whether or not a man is transgendered simply because he decides to put a blouse on and walk into the ladies locker room.

    On the contrary, what's "irrational" is a blanket assumption that a man poses no threat simply because he's wearing women's clothing.

  9. #779
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    1.)No, such fears are not "irrational," and of course there is no way of knowing whether or not a man is transgendered simply because he decides to put a blouse on and walk into the ladies locker room.
    2.)On the contrary, what's "irrational" is a blanket assumption that a man poses no threat simply because he's wearing women's clothing.
    1.) actually they are irrational, her initial concerns are ok but once she was informed of the equality policy by the front desk and HQ the fact they knew about the person in question her fears were 100% irrational and in fact bigoted
    2.) who said a person posses no threat? making stuff up wont help your claims
    ALL PEOPLE can pose a threat but its irrational to assume theres a greater level of one simply by a transgenders presence

    the lady is a bigotted moron and has nobody to blame for her situation but hereslef
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #780
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Which gyms have policies that allow cameras or people of the opposite sex to spy on people changing without posting signs or otherwise letting customers know of the policy?
    Hence, the news report. It is based on a irrational fear that connects one thing, cameras in some place, like another gym or even a tanning place or something (even illegally done) means that something else is going to happen, such as cameras at the gym you go to or people coming into the place to rape you, and that fear leading to the person deciding to not risk it (even with little evidence of "it" or anything going on at that place) and choosing not to use the facilities there and blaming the place for their decision not to utilize the facilities.

    Now, if she is claiming the "loss of use of facilities" due to the revocation of her membership, then that is a different case, but no less foolish. She didn't lose use of the facilities due to someone else using them too or to any preemptive action of the facility. She lost her membership for breaking the rules of the gym, harassing other members and spreading rumors/negative statements about other people using the gym. She had no right to tell other members that she or they were being "put in danger" by the gym allowing transgendered people to use the locker rooms/restrooms of their identified gender. That in no reasonable way puts anyone in danger. If she or you or others thinks it does, then show some evidence, proof.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •