Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #761
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,796

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO well that case will be a complete failure since the reality and facts are she wasn't denied anything and there was no breach of contract.
    It was her choice to deny herself and break the rules after she was informed she was in fact breaking the rules and told not too lol this lady is an idiot. But In a way Im glad she is suing, let it set up some precedence against idiots like her.
    She didn't deny herself anything. Your post doesn't recognize the basic facts of the case and is therefore irrelevant

  2. #762
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,090

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    1.)She didn't deny herself anything.
    2.)Your post doesn't recognize the basic facts of the case and is therefore irrelevant
    1.) false she denied herself when she decided the rules were not to her liking and choose not to follow them. She was not denied access. Her own bigotry denied it too her not PF. WHo CHOOSE not to go into the locker room? SHE DID lol
    2.) you are welcome to that OPINION but unfortunately facts and reality prove otherwise lol, but keep hoping.

    WOuld you like to take a DP bet on how this cases turns out?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #763
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,796

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false she denied herself when she decided the rules were not to her liking and choose not to follow them. She was not denied access. Her own bigotry denied it too her not PF. WHo CHOOSE not to go into the locker room? SHE DID lol
    2.) you are welcome to that OPINION but unfortunately facts and reality prove otherwise lol, but keep hoping.

    WOuld you like to take a DP bet on how this cases turns out?
    She did go into the locker room. You are certaintly welcome to your own opinion, but not your own facts. So long as you continue to deny the facts, your posts have no real relevance to the discussion.

    Sorry.

  4. #764
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,090

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    1.)She did go into the locker room.
    2.)You are certaintly welcome to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
    3.)So long as you continue to deny the facts, your posts have no real relevance to the discussion.
    4.)Sorry.
    1.) yes she did, then she chose to deny herself going in there
    2.) haven't made up any facts so your claim fails again, if you disagree quote them and prove it
    3.) you havent posted one fact that i deny not one if you disagree i directly challenge you to prove it, Post the fact, prove it then showed i denied it you will completely fail LMAO
    4.) its ok you don't have to apologize for being wrong
    also you didnt answer would you like to do a BP bet on this case?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #765
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Not exactly, she did use the locker room after the first incident, but felt it necessary to search the room before feeling comfortable changing. Clearly she (and other women) find the prospect of allowing men to enter a public restroom or locker room frightening/intimidating. The question is whether the intimidating environment created by Planet Fitness rises to the level of sexual harassment as defined by state law. There is a reasonable expectation of privacy from the opposite sex in designated restrooms/locker rooms.
    That is her problem, sort of like someone seeing a news report that a gym (not their gym), had cameras or an employee "spying" on people changing, then the person getting paranoid that their gym might be doing it and suing because it could have happened that someone might be spying on them. The intimidation was in her head, not something the gym should have to pay her for. There is no more actual sexual harassment from a transgendered woman or even a man just seeing a woman naked than a woman seeing another woman naked. There was no reasonable expectation of privacy in a locker room, where people get undressed. The only expectation of privacy there would be in people not touching you or not having someone peek at you when you are behind a shower curtain or a stall door/curtain.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #766
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    She didn't deny herself anything. Your post doesn't recognize the basic facts of the case and is therefore irrelevant
    Did she ask to cancel her membership and they refused? Did they refuse to refund her membership fees? That is pretty much the only course of action she truly had here. Now, if she had asked for her membership dues back and she simply got a refusal, especially if she paid ahead, then she might have a case, at least for getting her dues back. But that is it. They are a business, and they have every right to allow those who identify as a certain gender into those rooms. There is no law that restricts that so her only course of action legally after finding out clearly about their policy was to quit the gym and request her money back. Instead, she decided to break their harassment rules, and that is what got her membership revoked.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #767
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    She did go into the locker room. You are certaintly welcome to your own opinion, but not your own facts. So long as you continue to deny the facts, your posts have no real relevance to the discussion.

    Sorry.
    The complaining woman chose her actions in the locker room based on her own irrational fears, nothing more. It is irrational to fear a man being in the locker room. It is especially irrational to fear a transgendered woman being in the locker room, particularly since there is absolutely no evidence that she was a danger to anyone. This is no different than if someone was uncomfortable with a lesbian being in the locker room and "fearing" the lesbian would attack or look at other women.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The complaining woman chose her actions in the locker room based on her own irrational fears, nothing more. It is irrational to fear a man being in the locker room. It is especially irrational to fear a transgendered woman being in the locker room, particularly since there is absolutely no evidence that she was a danger to anyone. This is no different than if someone was uncomfortable with a lesbian being in the locker room and "fearing" the lesbian would attack or look at other women.
    I think most people think their policy is irrational and uncalled for. Also, stop using the term she to describe a he.

  9. #769
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I think most people think their policy is irrational and uncalled for. Also, stop using the term she to describe a he.
    Most people couldn't tell one way or another or wouldn't challenge it if they could. Or they would simply choose not to go back to the place that had such a policy. Are you going to stop trying on clothes from those retailers I posted earlier that allow pretty much anyone in their fitting rooms just because of that? I doubt it. And certainly many of those who are complaining about this policy wouldn't stop going to those retailers either.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #770
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Most people couldn't tell one way or another or wouldn't challenge it if they could. Or they would simply choose not to go back to the place that had such a policy. Are you going to stop trying on clothes from those retailers I posted earlier that allow pretty much anyone in their fitting rooms just because of that? I doubt it. And certainly many of those who are complaining about this policy wouldn't stop going to those retailers either.
    I like how your argument is rooted on the fact that people can't see though the deception. It reminds of people telling men that were tricked into sleeping with one of these people that they shouldn't care because they couldn't tell the difference. It's just a nice pile of nonsense is all it really is.

Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •