Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #641
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Crickets is what I am getting from roguenuke
    I apologize for forgetting about your post. I was working when I viewed it, therefore on my phone, and it didn't become a priority.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #642
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    05-22-17 @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Second, and third, she has no right to be comfortable.
    The entire point of having separate dressing room facilities is to recognize and uphold a right not to have people of the opposite sex present when one is undressing.


    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    More for third. She didn't really know that the person in the locker room was a man. She assumed based off of the person's appearance. She did not see the person's DNA nor their actual anatomy, especially not a penis, since the transgendered woman did not get undressed at all.
    It isn't always necessary. Sometimes, it is plainly obvious, as it was in this case. There was no room to doubt that the person she was seeing was a man.

    600x800xPFT2.jpg
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  3. #643
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    The entire point of having separate dressing room facilities is to recognize and uphold a right not to have people of the opposite sex present when one is undressing.

    It isn't always necessary. Sometimes, it is plainly obvious, as it was in this case. There was no room to doubt that the person she was seeing was a man.

    600x800xPFT2.jpg
    First of all, no it isn't. The only reason we have separate restrooms is that is what we are used to. Things change.

    Second, you still would not know the anatomy of that person from just looking at them, no matter what you assume their anatomy is based on their looks. You are assuming, as most of us do, based off of looks.

    Kathleen Turner is a good example of this. I think she was a very good looking woman, yet she has not only been mistaken for a man before, but played a cross dressing man as well. Other famous women have been said to look like men too.

    Ten Famous Women Who Might Be Men

    With the right clothing and no makeup, any of these women could not only pass for men, but also pass for transgendered women.

    Then there are easily plenty of transgendered women that many wouldn't think twice about being in the locker room, so why only those that look "very masculine" are worried about?
    Last edited by roguenuke; 03-17-15 at 09:05 PM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #644
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    First of all, no it isn't. The only reason we have separate restrooms is that is what we are used to. Things change.

    Second, you still would not know the anatomy of that person from just looking at them, no matter what you assume their anatomy is based on their looks. You are assuming, as most of us do, based off of looks.

    Kathleen Turner is a good example of this. I think she is a very good looking woman, yet she has not only been mistaken for a man before, but played a cross dressing man as well. Other famous women have been said to look like men as well.

    Ten Famous Women Who Might Be Men

    With the right clothing and no makeup, any of these women could not only pass for men, but also pass for transgendered women.

    Then there are easily plenty of transgendered women that many wouldn't think twice about being in the locker room, so why only those that look "very masculine" are worried about?
    Wonder why Michelle Obama didn't make that list. She's more mannish than any of those women, and has even been photographed with an odd bulge in the nether region. But seriously, that article is satire. You're just being silly.

    The reason we have separate restrooms is because of modesty, that will never change. Nor should it.

  5. #645
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Wonder why Michelle Obama didn't make that list. She's more mannish than any of those women, and has even been photographed with an odd bulge in the nether region. But seriously, that article is satire. You're just being silly.

    The reason we have separate restrooms is because of modesty, that will never change. Nor should it.
    Why do you assume it won't change? There are plenty of things that have changed, including those related to "modesty". I would have been immodest right now for wearing pants not even a century ago. Look at our bathing suits, bikinis in particular. I can walk outside in a sports bra and pajama pants and flip flops and get served in most places.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #646
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why do you assume it won't change? There are plenty of things that have changed, including those related to "modesty". I would have been immodest right now for wearing pants not even a century ago. Look at our bathing suits, bikinis in particular. I can walk outside in a sports bra and pajama pants and flip flops and get served in most places.
    We will always have separate bathrooms. Get over it.

  7. #647
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    We will always have separate bathrooms. Get over it.
    You can't know this first of all.

    Second, we already have unisex bathrooms in some places.

    Third, even if we maintain bathrooms/locker rooms for both genders, it doesn't mean that only those who were born those genders will or have been using them.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #648
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    05-22-17 @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Second, you still would not know the anatomy of that person from just looking at them, no matter what you assume their anatomy is based on their looks. You are assuming, as most of us do, based off of looks.

    Kathleen Turner is a good example of this. I think she was a very good looking woman, yet she has not only been mistaken for a man before, but played a cross dressing man as well. Other famous women have been said to look like men too.

    Ten Famous Women Who Might Be Men

    With the right clothing and no makeup, any of these women could not only pass for men, but also pass for transgendered women.

    Then there are easily plenty of transgendered women that many wouldn't think twice about being in the locker room, so why only those that look "very masculine" are worried about?
    You think that this guy could plausibly pass as a woman? Seriously? Are you blind? Anyone can see, in spite of the wig, the dress, and the badly-fitting padded bra, that this is a man.

    600x800xPFT2.jpg

    The face, the arms, the legs, the general body shape—no woman looks like that. Not even the ugliest ones.

    You try to support your argument by naming women who could pass for men if they tried, but that misses the point. This man could never pass as a woman. There is nothing sexually-ambiguous about his appearance, in spite of his best efforts to try to appear female.

    Men have no legitimate business whatsoever being in women's locker rooms. Period. Not even men who claim to be “transgendered women”, and not even men who have had themselves surgically-mutilated to enhance their perverse delusions. Only women belong in women's locker rooms. That's why they are called women's locker rooms.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  9. #649
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    You think that this guy could plausibly pass as a woman? Seriously? Are you blind? Anyone can see, in spite of the wig, the dress, and the badly-fitting padded bra, that this is a man.

    600x800xPFT2.jpg

    The face, the arms, the legs, the general body shape—no woman looks like that. Not even the ugliest ones.

    You try to support your argument by naming women who could pass for men if they tried, but that misses the point. This man could never pass as a woman. There is nothing sexually-ambiguous about his appearance, in spite of his best efforts to try to appear female.

    Men have no legitimate business whatsoever being in women's locker rooms. Period. Not even men who claim to be “transgendered women”, and not even men who have had themselves surgically-mutilated to enhance their perverse delusions. Only women belong in women's locker rooms. That's why they are called women's locker rooms.
    It doesn't matter how much you feel "he" couldn't possibly pass as a woman. There are ways to change "his" appearance that would allow "him" to pass. But it doesn't matter because Planet Fitness, the company that owns the gym and locker rooms in question says "he" doesn't have to pass for a woman, only identify as one to use that locker room.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #650
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,126

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Second, and third, she has no right to be comfortable. Any woman could just as easily be uncomfortable with ugly women, old women, young women, lesbians, women with weird eyes/lesions/hair/tattoos/body types or conditions being in their restrooms. Many women are "uncomfortable" with women who are comfortable with nakedness in general and don't view it as a sexual thing. Some women are uncomfortable with other women being "close". They feel this is a sign of them being gay because those women connect "closeness" with sexual feelings/intimacy only. They essentially don't know what platonic means.

    More for third. She didn't really know that the person in the locker room was a man. She assumed based off of the person's appearance. She did not see the person's DNA nor their actual anatomy, especially not a penis, since the transgendered woman did not get undressed at all.

    Bigotry is based on actions, not feelings. The reality is that if you do not act on feelings of intolerance, then you aren't truly strongly opposed to whatever it is you may claim to be intolerant of. Actions are pretty much required of some kind to make something bigotry. We are not mind readers.
    You are not being honest (no offense) when you compare having a man in a female locker room with a woman with tats in the locker room. I won't even respond to that beyond this point.

    More for third... there is no question that is a man. Another wacky counter-argument.

    Bigotry is based on how you feel. A person can be a bigot without expressing it to anybody. They can be at home and say, "those ****ing queers should never be out in public" and you would never know it but that does not mean that they are not a bigot. Regarding mind readers... NOW, if you want to call a person a bigot you have to see them express it. To know they are a bigot requires their expressing it but to be a bigot requires that nobody else even be aware of it. I a serial killer not a serial killer if they never get caught?

Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •