Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #391
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Like I stated yesterday, it does matter, because the policy states that any behavior that is deemed disruptive to members is a violation. So if members felt that a man in the woman's locker room was disruptive, then it trumps the "self-identification" policy.
    and just like yesterday you are factually wrong proven by PF
    even for entertainment purposes if your unsupportable, illogical assumption and opinion is true, its still PFs decision and not yours
    so like yesterday, it doesnt matter lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #392
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,679

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    From what is known one woman was uncomfortable, not "an entire locker room." While it is fairly probable that there was another who didn't say anything, there would be those who are comfortable, and likely that as many men would be uncomfortable.
    All available evidence points to the contrary. When the woman originally complained to the front desk, she was told that they'd "received lots of complaints" about the guy, but that he was transgender. As far as I can tell, there have been no women who have stated that they felt comfortable with the situation.

  3. #393
    I'm colorblind. Are you?
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,171

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    hopefully I do this right, please let me know if i didn't

    Static link: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint - ABC News

    Article:

    Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Mar 7, 2015, 5:42 PM ET
    A Michigan woman's Planet Fitness membership was revoked after she complained about a transgender person in the women's locker room.Yvette Cormier, a 48, said she was walking into the Midland Planet Fitness locker room last Saturday when she saw someone "dressed like a man." The person was wearing a wig and "a little bit of blush," but was "huge" and appeared "very manly," Cormier told ABC News today. "I just stopped right there in my tracks," she said. "It was a man for sure." Cormier, who had been a Planet Fitness member for two months, said she went to the front desk immediately. The man at the desk told her that Planet Fitness policy is "whatever gender you feel you are, that's the locker room you're allowed to go in," she said. "And then he said, 'We've had lots of complaints about him but we told him to go change in a stall,'" Cormier said. "He said, 'if you're uncomfortable with that you can wait until he's done in there,'" she said. "I stood back and said, 'How about he waits until I'm done in the women's locker room. Or get a unisex bathroom.' He asked if I would like to talk to the manager and I said, 'I'm calling corporate.'" When she called the corporate offices, she said, someone there confirmed that the person at the front desk was correct about Planet Fitness policies. "I wouldn't have signed up for this gym if I knew that ahead of time," Cormier said, adding that the gym is "failing to protect me if anything happens in those locker rooms with a man." She said she went back to the gym the next few days and "told everyone in the locker room what happened." She said everyone she talked to "was appalled." On Thursday, Cormier said, Planet Fitness Corporate called and revoked her membership immediately. "They said, 'You are talking to people about him in the women's locker room. You are making people upset.' That's my whole point," she said. "I'm telling them and warning them because you are not doing that. You allow men in there, and we are appalled by it." Planet Fitness Director of Public Relations McCall Gosselin said the gym is "committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity."






    Wow so this lady made a complete ass of herself hahaha
    I love that she made such an ass of herself and a stink of this that HER membership was cancelled. That's awesome. I'd like to know what danger she was talking about.
    I would have called the police and cancelled my membership.
    How am I to know this is a transgender and not a pervert pretending to be? Put in a family bathroom or something, but don't make me worry about my safety. Transgenders don't come with certificate.

  4. #394
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    All available evidence points to the contrary. When the woman originally complained to the front desk, she was told that they'd "received lots of complaints" about the guy, but that he was transgender. As far as I can tell, there have been no women who have stated that they felt comfortable with the situation.
    you have evidence it was an entire locker room? lol please provide that now because there is none.
    Best part is even if it was (though it FACTUALLY was not) it still doesnt matter PF makes the rules
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #395
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    1.)I would have called the police
    2.) and cancelled my membership.
    3.) How am I to know this is a transgender and not a pervert pretending to be?
    4.) Put in a family bathroom or something, but don't make me worry about my safety.
    5.) Transgenders don't come with certificate.
    1.) no laws were broken so nothing would have happened there
    2.) you are free to do so
    3.) how do you know anybody is not a pervert pretending not to be?
    4.) worring about your safety would be your choice but the reality is transgender don't magically decrease your safety.
    5.) no PEOPLE come with a certificate, how do people know you are safe?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #396
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,679

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you have evidence it was an entire locker room? lol please provide that now because there is none.
    Best part is even if it was (though it FACTUALLY was not) it still doesnt matter PF makes the rules
    Why is that the "best part"? Why do you take joy in the discomfort of others?

  7. #397
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    1.) Why is that the "best part"?
    2.)Why do you take joy in the discomfort of others?
    translation: your claim was false and you cant support it

    1.) Because a handful of people are arguing things that arent true and even if they were it didnt matter, thats why.

    Its like if I said 2+2=4 and somebody came in and said yeah well 3 is bigger than 4!!!!
    That would be funny because its not true and even if it was was it doesn't change anything

    2.) LOL what joy? what discomfort?
    please try to explain your strawman
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #398
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I would have called the police and cancelled my membership.
    How am I to know this is a transgender and not a pervert pretending to be? Put in a family bathroom or something, but don't make me worry about my safety. Transgenders don't come with certificate.
    Any person, of either sex/gender, can be a "pervert", and in many different ways. No one comes with a "I'm a sexual predator" certificate or "scarlet letter". There is no reason for anyone to believe that trans women, trans men, or men in general are automatically a danger to women just because they are in the locker room with them. I changed in an area with about 20 guys (although not at the same time), and worked in an area where I was almost always the only woman among at least 5 guys and not once did I fear for my safety from these guys harming me, which they could have accomplished much easier in the setting than anyone in a gym locker room could.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #399
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,803

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and just like yesterday you are factually wrong proven by PF
    even for entertainment purposes if your unsupportable, illogical assumption and opinion is true, its still PFs decision and not yours
    so like yesterday, it doesnt matter lol
    We can agree to disagree then.

  10. #400
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    We can agree to disagree then.
    yes you are free to disagree with facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •