Page 102 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1075

Thread: Planet Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint[W:245:463:992]

  1. #1011
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It really does just take that. Now, I would expect people to hold anyone accountable, even bring charges as necessary, for anyone who sexually assaults or harasses someone in a locker room, regardless of gender identity.

    She didn't have a right to do what she did, harass others about the policy and claim that it put her and/or them in danger. There is absolutely no evidence that she or anyone else is in danger from a policy allowing people in the locker room as the sex/gender they identify as.
    Danger? Who said anything about danger? I'm talking about some creep just trying to get an eye full. That, in itself, is a violation of the rights of every woman subjected to his presence.

  2. #1012
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Danger? Who said anything about danger? I'm talking about some creep just trying to get an eye full. That, in itself, is a violation of the rights of every woman subjected to his presence.
    First, there is no evidence at all that "some creep" was "just trying to get an eye full".

    Second, the woman complaining, banned from PF made the claim that she and others were put in danger from the policy, and that is part of what got her ban, along with her harassing others at the gym for 4 days straight about the policy.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #1013
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    First, there is no evidence at all that "some creep" was "just trying to get an eye full".

    Second, the woman complaining, banned from PF made the claim that she and others were put in danger from the policy, and that is part of what got her ban, along with her harassing others at the gym for 4 days straight about the policy.
    Her getting banned for carrying on about the policy does not validate the policy nor does invalidate her fears of what the policy COULD lead to. You just agreed that "a dress, a little eye liner, and a desire to use the women's facilities" is all it takes to gain access. Well, now that creeps all over the world know that this particular club is a "judgment free zone" do you think the women there are more or less safe today because of it?

  4. #1014
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Her getting banned for carrying on about the policy does not validate the policy nor does invalidate her fears of what the policy COULD lead to. You just agreed that "a dress, a little eye liner, and a desire to use the women's facilities" is all it takes to gain access. Well, now that creeps all over the world know that this particular club is a "judgment free zone" do you think the women there are more or less safe today because of it?
    Her fears were irrational. There isn't even any evidence that it is common for a man to decide to dress as a woman just to "peep" in women's locker rooms. If they wanted to, they honestly could do that now. Or they could just ask a friend of theirs who was a woman to film inside the locker rooms while women were changing and be less likely to get caught and get arrested for sexual harassment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #1015
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Her fears were irrational. There isn't even any evidence that it is common for a man to decide to dress as a woman just to "peep" in women's locker rooms. If they wanted to, they honestly could do that now. Or they could just ask a friend of theirs who was a woman to film inside the locker rooms while women were changing and be less likely to get caught and get arrested for sexual harassment.
    Who are you to say that her fears are irrational? Maybe she's been a victim of this kind of thing in the past? The fact is we can't and shouldn't try to speculate on the roots of her fears and it is irresponsible to let someone that is OBVIOUSLY not a woman into the women's locker room because of some feel good policy that is basically PC-run-amuck.

  6. #1016
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Who are you to say that her fears are irrational? Maybe she's been a victim of this kind of thing in the past? The fact is we can't and shouldn't try to speculate on the roots of her fears and it is irresponsible to let someone that is OBVIOUSLY not a woman into the women's locker room because of some feel good policy that is basically PC-run-amuck.
    Just because I have an irrational fear of spiders or heights, doesn't mean they aren't my fears, nor that I might not have been either bitten by a spider or fallen from some high place in the past. Plenty of people have an irrational fear of zombies, but that doesn't mean we should cater to their fears and allow them to go anywhere and everywhere armed to the hilt "just in case" the zombie apocalypse starts while they're not at home.

    How exactly is it "irresponsible"? There is no reason why it would be irresponsible unless you could show that transgendered people are more likely to attack people of their identified sex/gender or that it is common for people to take advantage of these policies in order to rape/sexually harass people of a certain gender. Even then, that could be reason for a worker to be assigned inside the locker rooms to monitor them for problems.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #1017
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,566

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Because the male an is, I don't know... a male?
    Determined how?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #1018
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,566

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Calling a male a male is not bigotry... is there something else that I am missing or is your argument that bad?
    Physical appearance and DNA do not determine who is male or female.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1019
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Just because I have an irrational fear of spiders or heights, doesn't mean they aren't my fears, nor that I might not have been either bitten by a spider or fallen from some high place in the past. .
    Strawman.

    Spiders and heights aren't next to you while you're changing your clothes.

  10. #1020
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: PERVERT Fitness Revokes Woman's Membership After Transgender Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Women, biological women, can appear masculine…
    No woman looks like this:

    600x800xPFT2.jpg

    Anyone can see that's a man in drag.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •