Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 227

Thread: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex marria

  1. #151
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    the pushback to gay marriage, comes MOSTLY from the word, you remove the word, and you do a huge blow to the enemies of freedom and equal liberty, That is my only point on this.
    This is not true at all. The evidence is easy to find in the legal arguments those defending the bans are using, which have absolutely nothing to do with calling it marriage because that is a stupid argument.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #152
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    funny, in the 80's you could say the same thing about unicorns and gay marriage. *shrug*
    People were discussing same sex couples getting married at least in the 70s. The 80s saw the first small increases in support among straight people. By the 90s, nerds and geeks in high schools across the country were debating with religious peers the issue, showing how stupid and religiously dictated the arguments against same sex marriage are.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #153
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You could have all that be covered under the civil union laws if you must. POA's or civil contracts.
    We call them "marriages", no need to change any name. And they work fine under current marriage laws. Why waste money changing them?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #154
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I don't think you understand. the legal battles are close to being all won, you still have a cultural battle raging./
    You could easily say there is still a cultural war over interracial marriage or divorce as well, because there are some people who don't approve of these things, despite them being legal. In reality, the younger generations support them in larger numbers/percentages every new generation.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #155
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Fine and dandy, but tell that to The Daily Mail who ran this under the title:
    Because news organizations are universally known for accurate use of every word, correctly expressing the detailed nuance of a given situation.

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #156
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except for the fact that only about half of the people that see any difference in their taxes due to marriage benefit from them. Most get no significant benefit.
    Then they are clearly ineffective. One more reason to get rid of them.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #157
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,420

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You could easily say there is still a cultural war over interracial marriage or divorce as well, because there are some people who don't approve of these things, despite them being legal. In reality, the younger generations support them in larger numbers/percentages every new generation.
    Polls show the majority now support same-sex marriage. Astoundingly so when you separate by age demographics.

    But leave aside that -- how about this for a little perspective:

    When Loving v Virginia was passed, polls showed in 1967, only 20 percent of the American public supported allowing blacks and whites to marry.

    That's right. Only 20%.

    It took more than 20 years later (1991) for a majority of Americans to approve of interracial marriage.

    That places the public well, well ahead of the Courts in this latest marriage equality struggle.

  8. #158
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Then they are clearly ineffective. One more reason to get rid of them.
    They are set up mainly so that married couples can easily account for their shared finances while reducing the chances they will be penalized for that.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #159
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    I don't know what that is significant. Vermont had Civil Unions in 2000 -- then in 2003 Mass. was the 1st state to recognize same sex marriage.

    SAME-SEX MARRIAGE - THE OVERVIEW - MARRIAGE BY GAYS GAINS BIG VICTORY IN MASSACHUSETTS - NYTimes.com

    That's older than your 2004. So, you can't say it was before...


    I don't need to pass a pc litmus test cast by some untolerant liberals.


    Lets put it this way. I bet i can prove my support before you and deuces. Yet you'll both all come at me if I have to prove what I believe. It doesnt work that way with me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #160
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    The
    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Good news! If you want to have a legally meaningless marriage, you can do that right now. You can call it a marriage, or a commitment ceremony, or a left nostril inhalation sharing arrangment, whatever the **** you please. No one and nothing can stop you, and no one can force you to enter into a legally binding marriage.

    That also means you can stop bitching about other people who do choose to have legally binding marriages, because the category never had to apply to you in the first place.

    Ain't America great?


    Here we go again, the PC "if we don't like what you say you are bitching".


    Get over yourself. I support marriage equality, my suggestion about removing the government has to do with removing the fight.


    If you need government sanction to prove you love your spouse, that's you. Authorization from the government has no bearing on the love for mine.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •