Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 227

Thread: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex marria

  1. #101
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The only absurdity here is your rebuttal. I will re-state my position. I support marriage equality and I don't care who you ****, do "bolivian marching powder" with, or marry. It's none of my business.

    I am also a strong belliever in this government is too large, to convoluted, and too complicated. One such way of simplification it to remove who the government can and can't say who is married, and call EVERYONE a civil union.

    This does a couple things. one it takes the wind out of anti-gay marriage types, (100% of course not but it's a HUGE chunk). now you have "civil unions". states CANNOT deny ones partner from seeing thier loved ones as it would then violate the 14th amendment.


    It's really quite simple, and this fascist style "BELEIEVE AS WE 100% or even though you support gay marriage, you are a homophobe bigot!!!!!" nonsense is the same intolerant crap, you are suppoosedly against.
    Your suggestion is akin to sheldons suggestion to build a new Jewish holy land in the middle of Mexico, good intentioned yet ignorant of the complexities of the issue.

    The legal arguments concerning same sex marriage bans don't change by changing the name of legal marriage to civil unions, and the government could still restrict it in the same ways it currently does, even those that restrict it unfairly.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #102
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma


    should be challenged as a violation of the 14th amendment.



    There's no reason to change the word.

    Who's changing the word? I'm suggesting the government not be involved other than to record.

    Word says the same. the government just recognizes, records, a civil contract.



    Great. And if religious folks don't want their union to share a word with those filthy homosexuals, they can call their marriages something else.

    I REALLY don't get why liberals like to slur those they say they support, from calling black people the "N" word, to this sort of nonsense, it's not needed and does you no favors sir.


    You take the government out of the equation, it won't matter what any religious group says.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #103
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    it is about winning. the government shouldn't be in the marriage business, why get tax breaks/penalties because you decided to "marry" someone?
    Because people want those breaks given, just as there are tax breaks given for children, for taking care of other family members, for giving to charity, for doing something good for the environment, and for so many other things. Its no more unfair than tax breaks of other kinds.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #104
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    *sigh* I'm sorry I am looking at solutions, compromises, and ways to move forward. Like I said, I support gay marriage and don't care what you call it. I can't repeat that long enough.








    I've been advocating this for years, I am a libertarian. who you marry is none of my business, and getting government out of your businsess here to me is the libertarian solution to this inequality we have.


    2010: (a little bit of a baity thread but I kept it civil. )

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/law-an...post1059100674

    It also alludes to preveious posts for that. There was another forum, I can't remember now, as far back as 2004 I was advocating this. (my entire online forum life).

    so on this forum, easily proven since 2010 here (5 years), you see this is what I advocated, if you feel the need you can search further and find for the last 11 years, I've advocated the same online.




    I will agian repeat, I don't care what you call it. My position is a solution to get everyone the equal rights they deserve.





    I agree, I think changing it all to civil unions takes a big blow to the anti-gay marriage types. That's all I've been saying. remove the government, let them "log" "marrigaes", "civil unions" whatever, but have it have no bearing on anything other than that logging.
    We're moving forward just fine. The SCOTUS has the issue. Barring some serious meltdown of the Court, same sex marriage restrictions/bans will all be struck down as unconstitutional this year.

    The government is involved because people want them involved, otherwise they wouldn't get legally married at all.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because people want those breaks given, just as there are tax breaks given for children, for taking care of other family members, for giving to charity, for doing something good for the environment, and for so many other things. Its no more unfair than tax breaks of other kinds.
    Of course it is. Getting married, unlike having a child or assuming responsibility for a sick or elderly relative, does not impact upon your financial wellbeing...well, it does, but in the opposite direction, likely making your finances easier, not more difficult. There is no economic argument for giving away money to newlyweds, it's a political gesture, saying we approve of your life-choice, we want people to marry. Those are ideological considerations, even when those benefits are rolled out to same-sex couples. Hence fairness is not a consideration and such tax breaks are wholly unfair on those who are single, or in a domestic relationship that isn't recognised as 'marriage'.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #106
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Your suggestion is akin to sheldons suggestion to build a new Jewish holy land in the middle of Mexico, good intentioned yet ignorant of the complexities of the issue.

    The legal arguments concerning same sex marriage bans don't change by changing the name of legal marriage to civil unions, and the government could still restrict it in the same ways it currently does, even those that restrict it unfairly.


    the pushback to gay marriage, comes MOSTLY from the word, you remove the word, and you do a huge blow to the enemies of freedom and equal liberty, That is my only point on this.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because people want those breaks given, just as there are tax breaks given for children, for taking care of other family members, for giving to charity, for doing something good for the environment, and for so many other things. Its no more unfair than tax breaks of other kinds.


    It should be removed. taxes should not change based on who you shack up with.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    *sigh* I'm sorry I am looking at solutions, compromises, and ways to move forward. Like I said, I support gay marriage and don't care what you call it. I can't repeat that long enough.








    I've been advocating this for years, I am a libertarian. who you marry is none of my business, and getting government out of your businsess here to me is the libertarian solution to this inequality we have.


    2010: (a little bit of a baity thread but I kept it civil. )

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/law-an...post1059100674

    It also alludes to preveious posts for that. There was another forum, I can't remember now, as far back as 2004 I was advocating this. (my entire online forum life).

    so on this forum, easily proven since 2010 here (5 years), you see this is what I advocated, if you feel the need you can search further and find for the last 11 years, I've advocated the same online.




    I will agian repeat, I don't care what you call it. My position is a solution to get everyone the equal rights they deserve.





    I agree, I think changing it all to civil unions takes a big blow to the anti-gay marriage types. That's all I've been saying. remove the government, let them "log" "marrigaes", "civil unions" whatever, but have it have no bearing on anything other than that logging.

    I'll take your word for it, and am glad that you have been consistent.

    I still think there are plenty of people that have only started talking about taking govt out of marriage once SSM became a reality.

    At any rate, I don't think we're going to get rid of the word marriage or the current institution with its many benefits - and responsibilities - for married couples. What we can do is make it open to all couples, not just opposite sex couples. and luckily that is happening quickly

  9. #109
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,441

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    the pushback to gay marriage, comes MOSTLY from the word, you remove the word, and you do a huge blow to the enemies of freedom and equal liberty, That is my only point on this.
    I don't believe that. The anti-gay marriage types use that argument of "the word" as a cover. Many are against anything that even resembles marriage for SS couples. In fact, it's written into the Constitutional bans.

    For example: "Marriage consists only of the legal union between a man and a woman. No other domestic union, however denominated, may be recognized as a marriage or given the same or substantially equivalent legal effect. " Georgia

    "Only a union between one man and one woman may be a marriage valid in or recognized by this state. This state and its political subdivisions shall not create or recognize a legal status for relationships of unmarried individuals that intends to approximate the design, qualities, significance or effect of marriage." -Ohio

    List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That's just a few of them.

    And your notion about getting "government out of marriage" just isn't going to happen. It isn't. So continuing to push it as a viable option is just a waste of time.
    You may as well be arguing about the weight and dimensions of unicorns.

  10. #110
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: They look like a new boy band... but it's the world's first THREE-WAY same-sex ma

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    I'll take your word for it, and am glad that you have been consistent.
    Thank you.



    I still think there are plenty of people that have only started talking about taking govt out of marriage once SSM became a reality.
    A good JKD man does not oppose force or give way completely. He is pliable as a spring; he is the complement and not the opposition to his opponent’s strength.= Bruce lee

    if that's it, take it, be like water, in the end, they are giving in and coming to your side without, (in thier mind) compromising thier beliefs.


    At any rate, I don't think we're going to get rid of the word marriage or the current institution with its many benefits - and responsibilities - for married couples. What we can do is make it open to all couples, not just opposite sex couples. and luckily that is happening quickly
    I agree, the ruling class needs us to be completely divided and side taking in order to maintain it's power, this is one of the biggest issues they do it with.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •