Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 411

Thread: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

  1. #131
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    After listening to Carson talk.....would you trust him to operate on your brain?




    He's famous for being a doctor of last resort.

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    it doesnt "seem" it is contradictory

    i support woman and blacks rights and Constitutional protections but if the stat wants to treat them as lesser i support that too! lol

    he is obviously one of those tools that THINKS and FEELS they are already treated equal . . .

    Carson is trying to say all the right words even if they are contradictory.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,149

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Carson is trying to say all the right words even if they are contradictory.
    Something like 'the trees are just the right height' ...

  4. #134
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,403
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Being gay isnt related to a specific gene, so you're wrong.

    Did you think that to be born a certain way, it must be genetic???? There's no gene for heterosexuality.....
    If you have identical twins, then it stands to reason they must have the same sexual orientation... if it's not a choice.
    Identical is identical... and it stands to reason they could be separated at birth, grow up in different environments and both would either be or not be gay.

    A 2010 study of all adult twins in Sweden (more than 7,600 twins)[9] found that same-sex behavior was explained by both heritable factors and individual-specific environmental sources ...

    The use of all adult twins in Sweden was designed to address the criticism of volunteer studies, in which a potential bias towards participation by gay twins may influence the results;

    Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-05-15 at 03:53 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Carson made the comment on Meet the Press. And it's circulating around various sites, but no, not the Onion.

    Here:

    Sooo...just throwing out another remark that, in my opinion, isn't a good time to be denying "evolution" for any serious presidential hopeful.
    YIKES! Calling evolution "propaganda" is pretty bad.

    Not if that serious presidential hopeful wants to appeal to a broad spectrum of potential voters.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Something like 'the trees are just the right height' ...
    Ok, that one made me giggle. Then, and now again.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    If you have identical twins, then it stands to reason they must have the same sexual orientation... if it's not a choice.
    Who's reason, yours?

    Since they dont have to and it's not a choice, then it doesnt stand to reason at all.

    Did you 'choose' to be straight?

    (And your link didnt even say it was a choice )
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Carson is trying to say all the right words even if they are contradictory.
    lol I agree, he is TRYING . . . .
    poor guy is in way over his head

    he also made the statement that he just isnt going to talk about gays anymore, that he "learned his lesson"

    well benny, i got news for you . . . .you just decided to run or feel out the waters for president and right now in todays political climate/atmosphere equal rights/gay rights is a big topic so you dont have a choice . . .

    you either talk about it and get bashed for your feelings that many will judge as bigoted or you dont talk about it and you get bashed for being a topic dodger and people still assume its because your views are bigoted and you dont want to share them

    like i have said many times, he lost before he even started
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    YIKES! Calling evolution "propaganda" is pretty bad.

    Not if that serious presidential hopeful wants to appeal to a broad spectrum of potential voters.
    I dont know, states like S. Dakota, Kansas, and TX are still attempting to teach creationism in science classes to dispute evolution. Bet there's other states that would love to jump on that bandwagon....but hopefully not the majority of the people (bet it could be close tho!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Dr. Ben Carson Apologizes For Saying Being Gay Is a Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    lol I agree, he is TRYING . . . .
    poor guy is in way over his head

    he also made the statement that he just isnt going to talk about gays anymore, that he "learned his lesson"

    well benny, i got news for you . . . .you just decided to run or feel out the waters for president and right now in todays political climate/atmosphere equal rights/gay rights is a big topic so you dont have a choice . . .

    you either talk about it and get bashed for your feelings that many will judge as bigoted or you dont talk about it and you get bashed for being a topic dodger and people still assume its because your views are bigoted and you dont want to share them

    like i have said many times, he lost before he even started
    It doesn't speak well to his preparation for a run. When he decided to announce his exploratory status, he should have had basic responses to hot topical questions canned and ready to go. That means thinking about the outcome of said response BEFORE it came out of his mouth, because you are right. Presidential candidates are compelled to discuss their views on everything or be labeled a dodger. He can't just wave hand say "no comment". LOL
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •