Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 107 of 107

Thread: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Ferguson

  1. #101
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    "Among the findings, reviewed by CNN: from 2012 to 2014, 85% of people subject to vehicle stops by Ferguson police were African American; 90% of those who received citations were black; and 93% of people arrested were black. This while 67% of the Ferguson population is black."

    Those numbers don't strike me as unreasonable. But those numbers cant be viewed in a vacuum. They should be compared and contrasted to arrest numbers in similar communities to see if they are indicative of anything.
    As a nation, blacks make up about 14% of the population, but they perpetrate 50% of crime. So is that ratio out of line?
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  2. #102
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Obviously I am far more than you are.
    I didn't stutter, I already addressed it, so stop being dishonest.
    Again:
    What you think the facts show is what is the product of convoluted thoughts.
    and
    If things were equal, you would see equal averages amongst all the races, but we don't because they aren't.
    Wrong!
    I have dismissed "self reporting" as any kind of meaningful or valid metric in such a discussion, nor have I attached meaning (unlike you) beyond that which the stats show.
    Congratulations on being wrong again.
    The hard stats show otherwise.
    Holy ****!
    We are going off of what you provided.
    You attaching meaning to those stats is what shouldn't be taken seriously.
    As other have shown, the cause of the disparity can be for a variety of more logical and reasonable reasons other than racism.
    And yes, one of those reasons is that blacks commit far more crime overall than other races. Again, there is no parity.
    Let provide an example of what you are doing, but in the opposite.
    By the above stats.
    DUI's
    84.6 for whites
    12.1 for blacks.

    While there is a disparity in those numbers there is no indication of anything racist.
    Really? I said that huh? iLOL
    I said that is what the stats show.
    Your dishonest argument is dishonest.
    Again what was actually said.
    The actual crime stats show that. Are you going to say they don't?
    This is either you not understanding what has previously been said, or just you making another dishonest argument.
    You didn't respond to any of the important questions. Much like in other threads, your method of debating is saying "i'm right, you're wrong, it has been proven with facts that have already been provided by me who won the debate, naughty naughty you wrong you right me wrong you." There's no use asking these questions again. You won't answer anything that's pertinent.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #103
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,733

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    That's because blacks know that they have to be far more careful about what they have and do in their cars than whites do.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/op...uson.html?_r=1

    What the **** is "manner of walking"?
    Probably some bull**** crime like "loitering" concocted to incarcerate more blacks.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  4. #104
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    You didn't respond to any of the important questions.
    I see dishonesty is your forte.
    Stop with the dishonesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Much like in other threads, your method of debating is saying "i'm right, you're wrong, it has been proven with facts that have already been provided by me who won the debate, naughty naughty you wrong you right me wrong you." There's no use asking these questions again. You won't answer anything that's pertinent.
    Just more dishonesty on your part.
    What needed to be addressed was addressed.


    You attached meaning to the information that one can not logically do and the stats showed you to be wrong.


    Try making an honest argument and you might get further.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #105
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see dishonesty is your forte.
    Stop with the dishonesty.
    Try making an honest argument and you might get further.
    I'm seriously not even trying to be mean here, I am giving you very serious advice: nobody is going to give any credibility to a person who's idea of debating is saying "i am right" without utilizing logic or attempting to address legitimate arguments with counter-argumentation. This board is called "debate politics," not "announce that you are always correct about politics." There's nothing less impressive than a person who believes that they have all the answers.

    Here's the data I referred to regarding Minneapolis' racial disparity in low-level offense arrests: http://www.aclu-mn.org/files/5414/14...004-2012_2.pdf

    So, in one year, black residents of Minneapolis were 15 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than white residents of Minneapolis. Studies have repeatedly shown that over 10% of white Americans use marijuana (you've said this data is unreliable, but you haven't explained why, and are you going to claim that people are over-reporting their own use of marijuana? I cannot see in logic in that claim). So according to your logic, in that year, 150% of black Minneapolis residents were using marijuana. This is why your position makes absolutely no sense and the logic you employ is centered on the most obvious imaginable fallacy.

    I've read your posts on this board, and because you are clearly not a moron, you are sometimes right. But where you often fail is assuming that all black people are naturally savage criminals and then you disregard any proof that says otherwise.
    A working class hero is something to be

  6. #106
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Studies have repeatedly shown that over 10% of white Americans use marijuana (you've said this data is unreliable, but you haven't explained why, and are you going to claim that people are over-reporting their own use of marijuana? I cannot see in logic in that claim).
    Your claim is dishonest.
    Lets get this straight. It is one study of self reporting of criminal activity that is oft cited in others. Capiche?

    Self reporting of criminal activity is not a reliable metric. Period. That should be obvious on it's face to anybody whose thoughts are based in reality.
    If you can not see logic in it, it is because you are not thinking logically about it.

    Much like the community culture of "snitches get stitches", such as in Ferguson, it also holds true in the same culture that one does not self incriminate (not unless they tend to benefit).
    And yet idiots what to use self reporting as some sort of reliable metric.

    Again, there is a disparity in committed crime by race and that is what the stats show, and as such, holds true to the fact of disparity.




    So again, as previously stated.
    If things were equal, you would see equal averages amongst all the races, but we don't because they aren't.

    There is no parity between the races when it comes to crime. Period.
    Either you understand that or you don't.
    If you don't, it is not my problem. If you don't, you need to learn it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    So according to your logic, in that year, 150% of black Minneapolis residents were using marijuana. This is why your position makes absolutely no sense and the logic you employ is centered on the most obvious imaginable fallacy.
    This is you engaged in absurdity and nonsense. No one said any such thing.
    It is indicative of an inability to argue honestly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    But where you often fail is assuming that all black people are naturally savage criminals and then you disregard any proof that says otherwise.
    There you go making another false assertion.
    Not once have I said or indicated any such thing.
    That is nothing more then the manifestation of biased and convoluted thoughts.



    Besides, calling what has been provided "proof" is totally illogical and puts your replies in the same category. Illogical.


    As I said, "Everything you presented to me has been addressed."
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #107
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice report finds systematic discrimination against African Americans in Fergu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I'm seriously not even trying to be mean here, I am giving you very serious advice: nobody is going to give any credibility to a person who's idea of debating is saying "i am right" without utilizing logic or attempting to address legitimate arguments with counter-argumentation.
    1. This is what you are doing.
    2. Which is why you are not given any credibility.
    3. Follow your own advice, as it applies to you far more than it applies to me.

    Everything you presented to me has been addressed.


    All you are doing is showing that you make false connections and draw conclusions not supported by the information.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Here's the data I referred to regarding Minneapolis' racial disparity in low-level offense arrests:
    And? I already replied. It isn't going to change by you re-citing it.
    You dishonestly say I disregarded information when I didn't.
    That isn't an indication of racism as you originally asked.
    It is a reflection of the actual numbers.

    As you were already told.
    What you think the facts show is what is the product of convoluted thoughts.
    and
    If things were equal, you would see equal averages amongst all the races, but we don't because they aren't.

    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    And again this:
    Let provide an example of what you are doing, but in the opposite.

    By the above stats.
    DUI's
    84.6 for whites
    12.1 for blacks.


    This is what you are doing when it comes to viewing the stats, but in the opposite.
    OMG! Look at the disparity in those numbers, the cops are racist against whites.

    Do you really not understand that you cannot jump to the conclusion that a disparity shows racism?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    So, in one year, black residents of Minneapolis were 15 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than white residents of Minneapolis.
    D'oh! The information you provided said 11.5%
    So ... And? Those numbers shows the actual stats. Which is a reflection of what occurred; ie: reality
    And that reality shows a disparity. Not what the disparity represents.

    As others have shown, the cause of the disparity can be for a variety of more logical and reasonable reasons other than racism.
    And yes, one of those reasons is that blacks commit far more crime overall than other races. Again, there is no parity.
    Did you really not understand that when it was previously said?


    Like I said.
    Everything you presented to me has been addressed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •