Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 297

Thread: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee[W:175,246, 296]

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,661

    Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee[W:175,246, 296]

    Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee | Fox News

    Retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson has filed paperwork to create a presidential exploratory committee, making him the first high-profile Republican candidate to begin raising money for a potential White House bid.
    Carson filed the paperwork with the Federal Election Commission late Monday.
    “For the next few months, Dr. Carson looks forward to listening to the American people to gauge support for a presidential candidacy,” said Terry Giles, who was recently named campaign chairman. “Obviously, this is a very big step.”
    I didn't really expect Carson to run. But from the look of this it sounds like he is actually extremely likely to make the attempt. I guess that makes sense considering he's hovering in 2nd or 3rd place in the polls though. I still find it extremely unlikely he'll win the nomination with his lack of political and campaign experience.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,709

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    A favorite of mine, but far too overqualified to be president. We don't elected accomplished candidates anymore.

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    04-19-18 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,223

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    Unsure Ben Carson can pull of a general election, but might do well within the Republican Party. In a general election too many independents would disagree with Carson on some social issues, and the left would give him all sorts of grief on his stance that Evolution is "an absurd myth."
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,921

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    I think he's far to polarizing to have any chance.
    People.....Not a fan.

  5. #5
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I think he's far to polarizing to have any chance.
    But not as polarizing as the current POTUS.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  6. #6
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    04-11-18 @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,847

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Unsure Ben Carson can pull of a general election, but might do well within the Republican Party. In a general election too many independents would disagree with Carson on some social issues, and the left would give him all sorts of grief on his stance that Evolution is "an absurd myth."
    When did Carson suggest evolution was a myth? If he did, that's just insane. I'll grant that there's plenty of questions about the finer details of evolution, but that it didn't or isn't still happening makes no sense coming from an actual scientist.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #7
    Advisor NonConformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    424

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    Carson would probably get a lot further if he ran for some office other than President.

  8. #8
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,705

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    What a waste of time and money . . . . he has ZERO chance of being president

    I honestly hope that MULTIPLE people who can actually get elected run
    i dont care what party they claim, even though to get elected they will have to claim republican or democrat, which also sucks and is another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    What a waste of time and money . . . . he has ZERO chance of being president

    I honestly hope that MULTIPLE people who can actually get elected run
    i dont care what party they claim, even though to get elected they will have to claim republican or democrat, which also sucks and is another issue.
    I really like Ben Carson. He'd do fine as a POTUS, heads and shoulders better than who we have no.

  10. #10
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,705

    Re: Ben Carson forms presidential exploratory committee

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I really like Ben Carson. He'd do fine as a POTUS, heads and shoulders better than who we have no.
    He has as much as a chance as Palin, Cain, and Bachmann. ZERO
    But you are free to like him and support him
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •