Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

  1. #21
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well Team BO pressed the charges against General Petraeus. A Decorated American Hero. Got him to cop to a plea for lying to Federal Investigators and mishandling classified information. What do you think about this? Is BO getting some revenge on the Repubs again?




    Decorated war veteran and former CIA director David Petraeus has entered into an agreement with federal prosecutors in which he would plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge for mishandling classified information. Specifically, the charge is unauthorized removal and retention of classified material. The charge stems, in part, from documents the former director allegedly provided to his mistress.

    Contacted by ABC News, Petraeus’ attorney, David Kendall said he had “no comment” on the guilty plea.....snip~

    Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty
    Good evening MMC

    "Mishandling classified information" in the Obama era is only a crime or misdemeanor when not done by a member of the White House staff or not mishandled into the hands of a preferred White House media megaphone.

    Nothing to see here - this is just another example of "prosecutorial discretion" as exercised by this President.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #22
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Good evening MMC

    "Mishandling classified information" in the Obama era is only a crime or misdemeanor when not done by a member of the White House staff or not mishandled into the hands of a preferred White House media megaphone.

    Nothing to see here - this is just another example of "prosecutorial discretion" as exercised by this President.
    "Mishandling classified information" means CCIS is training them
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #23
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    It's called double jeopardy. Petraeus can't be prosecuted for the same crime twice. His testimony before Gowdy, should it happen, will be done with immunity from further prosecution, by law. This doesn't remove all contraints from Petraeus - he's still held to all other legal restraints not described in the complaint against him and those his former office requires, but it does give him far more latitude than he previously had.
    Greetings, humbolt.

    I can't imagine him leaking information in a million years. He's too highly thought of by most people in this country as a thoroughly professional military man, and I still think of him that way, as a matter of fact! There must be something, but this is a shock to me!

  4. #24
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    "Mishandling classified information" means CCIS is training them
    You think our friends will get the insider joke?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Its exactly like HB said, they can't prosecute him or it would be double jeopardy.

    Which Team BO isn't concerned about Iraq or Afghanistan. Its Benghazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Yes, but that's not important. It's the testimony on Benghazi that is. Think "talking points".
    Yes Benghazi would certainly be of interest, but so would Afghanistan and Iraq from the perspective of the United States government in general. Although I see what you are saying here now, I still think that this possibly could be a slap on the wrist in return for cooperation from Petreus in these regards. In other words, we will give you a slap on the wrist to placate the public to show that we have done something, but in return don't spill the beans in regards to those subjects. But that is pure speculation on my part. I am not putting that forward as fact. Thanks to you both for clarifying and helping me understand that.

  6. #26
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You think our friends will get the insider joke?
    Might....

    I figure there are more than a few in here smart enough to ask
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #27
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,262

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, humbolt.

    I can't imagine him leaking information in a million years. He's too highly thought of by most people in this country as a thoroughly professional military man, and I still think of him that way, as a matter of fact! There must be something, but this is a shock to me!
    He's a good man caught in a compromising situation of his own making. Sad. However, he'll do the right thing in the end here. I think we can count on that. I do. I am confident that certain oaths he took aren't taken lightly.

  8. #28
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,262

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Yes Benghazi would certainly be of interest, but so would Afghanistan and Iraq from the perspective of the United States government in general. Although I see what you are saying here now, I still think that this possibly could be a slap on the wrist in return for cooperation from Petreus in these regards. In other words, we will give you a slap on the wrist to placate the public to show that we have done something, but in return don't spill the beans in regards to those subjects. But that is pure speculation on my part. I am not putting that forward as fact. Thanks to you both for clarifying and helping me understand that.
    I can't say Petraeus will testify, either. I just don't think the ruling will escape Gowdy's notice - not by a long shot. It is interesting intrigue though, either way. There's a book in this for some enterprising author.

  9. #29
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,262

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    "Mishandling classified information" means CCIS is training them
    Oh, stop it. Training abroad is something I failed with my first wife.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Former CIA Head David Petraeus to Plead Guilty.....

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I can't say Petraeus will testify, either. I just don't think the ruling will escape Gowdy's notice - not by a long shot. It is interesting intrigue though, either way. There's a book in this for some enterprising author.
    Not much he can do now if Gowdy calls him.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •