Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 418

Thread: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

  1. #41
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    I'm sorry, but it takes a special kind of moron to not know that you should not be corresponding by email on behalf of the United States of America from a ****ing personal email account.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #42
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    First, here's the Federal Records act of 1950....this describes what must be recorded.
    Here is the definition original definition:
    "As used in this chapter, ‘records’ includes all books, papers,
    maps, photographs, machine readable materials, or other documentary
    materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made
    or received by an agency of the United States Government under
    Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business
    and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its
    legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies,
    decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the
    Government or because of the informational value of data in them.
    Library and museum material made or acquired and preserved
    solely for reference or exhibition purposes, extra copies of documents
    preserved only for convenience of reference, and stocks of
    publications and of processed documents are not included."

    Here is it to amended. It clearly defines electronic storage, and digital stored.
    "(a) RECORDS DEFINED.—
    (1) IN GENERAL.—As used in this chapter, the term ‘records’—
    (A) includes all recorded information, regardless of form
    or characteristics, made or received by a Federal agency
    under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of
    public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation
    by that agency or its legitimate successor as evidence
    of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures,
    operations, or other activities of the United States
    Government or because of the informational value of data
    in them; and
    (2) RECORDED INFORMATION DEFINED.—For purposes of paragraph
    (1), the term ‘recorded information’ includes all traditional
    forms of records, regardless of physical form or characteristics,
    including information created, manipulated, communicated,
    or stored in digital or electronic form."


    Its also very important to note the private materials the National Archives has the authority to acquisite.
    Under the oringinal act it states: "ø§ 2111. Material accepted for deposit¿
    øWhen the Archivist considers it to be in the public interest he
    may accept for deposit—¿
    ø(1) the papers and other historical materials of a President
    or former President of the United States, or other official or
    former official of the Government, and other papers relating to
    and contemporary with a President or former President of the
    United States, subject to restrictions agreeable to the Archivist
    as to their use; and¿
    ø(2) documents, including motion-picture films, still pictures,
    and sound recordings, from private sources that are approVerDate
    Mar 15 2010 02:20 Jul 29, 2014 Jkt 039010 PO 00000 Frm 00016 Fmt 6659 Sfmt 6602 E:\HR\OC\SR218.XXX SR218
    jbell on DSK4SPTVN1PROD with REPORTS13
    priate for preservation by the Government as evidence of its
    organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and
    transactions.¿
    øThis section shall not apply in the case of any Presidential
    records which are subject to the provisions of chapter 22 of this
    title.¿ "

    Now under the revised portion it includes private email accounts:
    "§ 2111. Material accepted for deposit
    (a) IN GENERAL.—When the Archivist considers it to be in the
    public interest the Archivist may accept for deposit—
    (1) the papers and other historical materials of a President or
    former President of the United States, or other official or former
    official of the Government, and other papers relating to and
    contemporary with a President or former President of the
    United States, subject to restrictions agreeable to the Archivist
    as to their use; and
    (2) recorded information (as such term is defined in section
    3301(a)(2) of this title) from private sources that are appropriate
    for preservation by the Government as evidence of its organization,
    functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and transactions.
    "

    "3301(a)(2)" is what defined recorded information above. It now reads that the National Archives has the right to acquire information they deem necessary from private email accounts.
    It all can be read here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CRPT-11...113srpt218.pdf


  3. #43
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm sorry, but it takes a special kind of moron to not know that you should not be corresponding by email on behalf of the United States of America from a ****ing personal email account.
    Actually when she was in office, you legally could.


  4. #44
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Nope. Not true. The 1950 Act still requires that they be preserved.
    See post #42


  5. #45
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Here is the definition original definition:
    "As used in this chapter, ‘records’ includes all books, papers,
    maps, photographs, machine readable materials, or other documentary
    materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made
    or received by an agency of the United States Government under
    Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business
    and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its
    legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies,
    decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities
    of the
    Government or because of the informational value of data in them.

    Library and museum material made or acquired and preserved
    solely for reference or exhibition purposes, extra copies of documents
    preserved only for convenience of reference, and stocks of
    publications and of processed documents are not included."
    This chapter spells it all out. Further, if any of what she communicated on a private account was classified information, she's violated some other significant laws.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #46
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    See post #42
    Maybe you should re-read that, and then read the 1950 Act. Nothing I stated is untrue. Because there were no penalties doesn't excuse her.

  7. #47
    Educator Chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    10-04-16 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    This whole issue is just further evidence that Hillary has the integrity of a slug. She allowed Bill to wipe his slut and bimbo stained shoes all over her face like she was a 'stand by her mat' doormat. Obviously she either didn't care OR she allowed him to do it, because she knew she had to keep her yap shut and ride Bills coattails to achieve her political ambitions. Either way, she is seriously psychologically weak or just totally screwed up......and liberals want that in the WH.
    The Gruber-crat is strong in this one!

  8. #48
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,259

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Actually when she was in office, you legally could.
    I think Bill probably gave her the idea, knowing who she was working for.

    The same kind of advice he gave her that led to Susan Rice lying about a internet video on all those Sunday morning shows instead of her.

    Don't put yourself in a position where you're going to have to lie for this administration.

    Publicly that is.

    She knew what she was involved in, still had Presidential aspirations, but had to make sure that nothing could be tied back to her directly.

    So she had to weigh the consequences of being caught using a personal Email account ( which looks really bad ) to the consequences of a Congressional committee pulling up damming Emails that she could not defend against.

    If the Benghazi investigation was losing steam this gave it legs from hell.

  9. #49
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Clinton had no official State Dept. email address - CNN.com



    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us...lags.html?_r=0



    Wow. She created a private domain to house her email on the first day of her confirmation hearings in 2009, and never had an official federal email account.


    How is it that nobody at the federal level thought to ask why everything that went to Clinton was off the books?
    Ruh-roh. It's not THAT big a deal, really, since her emails are all on a domain, which are being reviewed for retention with federal records. But it plays into the shady image that surfaced with that box of missing billing records years ago. Still, maybe she didn't know. It's a recent law. Someone at the State's office should have told her and set her up on a govt email account automatically. The fact that an email address for her at the State agency didn't even exist means that that didn't happen. Who knows? But the emails are being reviewed (which creates a lot of work for the minions!) and transferred over.
    ________________________________

  10. #50
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Ruh-roh. It's not THAT big a deal, really, since her emails are all on a domain, which are being reviewed for retention with federal records. But it plays into the shady image that surfaced with that box of missing billing records years ago. Still, maybe she didn't know. It's a recent law. Someone at the State's office should have told her and set her up on a govt email account automatically. The fact that an email address for her at the State agency didn't even exist means that that didn't happen. Who knows? But the emails are being reviewed (which creates a lot of work for the minions!) and transferred over.
    Who is reviewing them?

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •