Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 418

Thread: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

  1. #311
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    There's no love lost between the Clinton's and Obama. I imagine Jimmy Carville has cracked open a few bottles of Makers Mark by now. This definitely has implications beyond the simple, "So, she had a personal email account," - as if that's the objection. She conducted State business over insecure communications. She sought to avoid disclosure to the American public at the expense of the American public.

    The assertion that 55,000 emails is significant is meaningless.

    There is a long, dark hole where there should be a record. That void will now be filled, and what's disclosed along the way doesn't bode well for the former secretary. She knows this, knew this, and has known that at some point it would be exposed. No matter how much is exposed, the question will always linger about all that wasn't.

    I wonder if any of the 55,000 include those dated 9/11/12 through 9/14/12?

    I doubt her political ambitions will survive this. I also wonder who else will be implicated. Should be interesting to watch.


    We will see what brings her down.

    I hope this does not preclude her from running, as she is the best candidate for the Republicans.

    I thought the Lewinski affair would have brought them both down, but in a classic move, converted the issue into one of a a cheap blow job instead of the serious obstruction of justice case it was. Since then, I tend not to underestimate the stupidity of the American voter, a stance it seems was wise.

    It would be a strategic blunder for the Republicans to rest their laurels here. First, I think she may be a sacrificial lamb tied to a stake by the masters of manipulation in the White House basement. With the right manipulation she becomes the blame for ALL that went before, and a "new face" in Elizabeth Warren emerges up the middle....

    Second, it may not be the 'smoking gun'. It may be that Hillary has to be taken down bit by bit, like a monolith eroding. As the voter is confirmed stupid, we now must come to the reality that minds are made up on a little more than 144 characters. What sticks is not long term either. So in the end, the details don't mean much, memes do. She remains the leading lady in the Democratic party, and that is the meme to be overcome. The "there's nothing there" has been working...that has to be reversed
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #312
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    We will see what brings her down.

    I hope this does not preclude her from running, as she is the best candidate for the Republicans.

    I thought the Lewinski affair would have brought them both down, but in a classic move, converted the issue into one of a a cheap blow job instead of the serious obstruction of justice case it was. Since then, I tend not to underestimate the stupidity of the American voter, a stance it seems was wise.

    It would be a strategic blunder for the Republicans to rest their laurels here. First, I think she may be a sacrificial lamb tied to a stake by the masters of manipulation in the White House basement. With the right manipulation she becomes the blame for ALL that went before, and a "new face" in Elizabeth Warren emerges up the middle....

    Second, it may not be the 'smoking gun'. It may be that Hillary has to be taken down bit by bit, like a monolith eroding. As the voter is confirmed stupid, we now must come to the reality that minds are made up on a little more than 144 characters. What sticks is not long term either. So in the end, the details don't mean much, memes do. She remains the leading lady in the Democratic party, and that is the meme to be overcome. The "there's nothing there" has been working...that has to be reversed
    I agree with all of the above. I think the "second" scenario is the more likely, and not inconsequentially the best for the opposition regarding 2016. I think a significant unraveling has begun, but it will take time. There's little doubt in my mind that the political left, in spite of their internecine war, is counting on the incremental disclosures to be minimized and buried. This is not likely to happen, except to the voluminous brain dead in the country, and even they won't miss the headlines in spite of themselves. And there will be headlines coming from all of this eventually. It will be a slow process, but a resolute one. Of course, that assume the republicans are smart about this, and that ever remains in doubt.

  3. #313
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I agree with all of the above. I think the "second" scenario is the more likely, and not inconsequentially the best for the opposition regarding 2016. I think a significant unraveling has begun, but it will take time. There's little doubt in my mind that the political left, in spite of their internecine war, is counting on the incremental disclosures to be minimized and buried. This is not likely to happen, except to the voluminous brain dead in the country, and even they won't miss the headlines in spite of themselves. And there will be headlines coming from all of this eventually. It will be a slow process, but a resolute one. Of course, that assume the republicans are smart about this, and that ever remains in doubt.


    I hate to brag, but here goes anyway..LOL

    I said the day after the mid-terms it was a new ball game, as the Republicans now had the numbers to define the issues and control the debate. It was predicated on the Republicans not fighting one another and having the stones to see it through, unlike the last time the Clintons and Republicans squared off head to head.

    The dominoes can only fall, when you have the scenario, as I predicted, that there was far too much unknown about the Libya mission and Benghazi; that a wise congress would immediately start digging at that scab and let Obama cook himself in his own oil.

    They somehow have stumbled on the appropriate strategy. Now, the crucial part will be tying this string of cans to the tail of the White House. They must not allow the genius of the White House image makers to escape the fact, she was working for him. If he knew, he is culpable, if not, he is negligent. That King/Queen squeeze* is the chess move they need.

    * My term when you leave your opponent a choice of check or losing his queen, usually to a knight
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #314
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I hate to brag, but here goes anyway..LOL

    I said the day after the mid-terms it was a new ball game, as the Republicans now had the numbers to define the issues and control the debate. It was predicated on the Republicans not fighting one another and having the stones to see it through, unlike the last time the Clintons and Republicans squared off head to head.

    The dominoes can only fall, when you have the scenario, as I predicted, that there was far too much unknown about the Libya mission and Benghazi; that a wise congress would immediately start digging at that scab and let Obama cook himself in his own oil.

    They somehow have stumbled on the appropriate strategy. Now, the crucial part will be tying this string of cans to the tail of the White House. They must not allow the genius of the White House image makers to escape the fact, she was working for him. If he knew, he is culpable, if not, he is negligent. That King/Queen squeeze* is the chess move they need.

    * My term when you leave your opponent a choice of check or losing his queen, usually to a knight
    I've believed much the same, but I've always been proven wrong when the republicans step all over themselves in the process. I think you hit the nail on the head with the "stumbled on the appropriate strategy" thing. Gowdy deserves a vote of gratitude for managing to be in the right place at the right time in spite of the spineless blobs that surround him much of the time. The string is there. All they have to do is follow it - in spite of serious roadblocks and distractions they should follow it. A little tug on the thing will help from time to time. If the republicans realize that outside of truly masterful manipulation and misdirection, they're play a little league team, they'll succeed.

  5. #315
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But your assertions do not square with the law. Here's how the NEW law reads: https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...bill/1233/text



    What's key is the USING of private email by those covered employees is perfectly LEGAL even under the revised Federal Records Act. What changed is the procedures for timely archiving them. So in this example, Hillary could use clintonemail.com and all she had to do to be in perfect compliance is to bcc her state dept email address. Under the old rules, there were no deadlines and if she transferred the relevant records as part of that 55,000 page submission, she is still in perfect compliance with the old rules.

    If you want to allege that she transferred classified documents via her personal email, then prove it or at least show someone making a credible allegation. There has been none of that. And it's a different charge than the one that alleges USING this account was illegal - it is plainly and obviously legal even under the revised rules.
    Well, first, she didn't follow that regulation at all. And second, the rule you stated is required so that FOIA requests and subpoenas can be served on the system.

    Thirdly:

    (2) subject to any rights, defenses, or privileges which the United States or any agency or person may invoke, Presidential records shall be made availableó
    (A) pursuant to subpena or other judicial process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction for the purposes of any civil or criminal investigation or proceeding;
    (B) to an incumbent President if such records contain information that is needed for the conduct of current business of his office and that is not otherwise available; and
    (C) to either House of Congress, or, to the extent of matter within its jurisdiction, to any committee or subcommittee thereof if such records contain information that is needed for the conduct of its business and that is not otherwise available; and


    Her email scheme was designed specifically to hide documents. Seven subpoenas were ignored because she knew the committees didn't know about her private email account. These are felonies.

    Moreover, the rules you stated do not apply to classified, or potentially classified data.

    Pro-Tip: Classified data is either data that has been deemed dangerous to disclose because of its nature, or an aggregated collection of unclassified data that, in total, presents a risk to the state. Even assuming that Clinton never actually did her job and avoided ever discussing classified data, her email server would be deemed classified.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #316
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Then someone should connect the dots. Bottom line is private email accounts have been widely used by top officials across both parties since email was invented.
    And it was always wrong.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #317
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Not when the email server was at the Clinton residence where she or one of her goons could simply delete any email she would consider harmful to her.
    I was being sarcastic. Still, the home email server...that's new news to me. Hadn't heard that one before.

    This is going to be very interesting indeed.

    CYA at it's finest!
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  8. #318
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I've believed much the same, but I've always been proven wrong when the republicans step all over themselves in the process. I think you hit the nail on the head with the "stumbled on the appropriate strategy" thing. Gowdy deserves a vote of gratitude for managing to be in the right place at the right time in spite of the spineless blobs that surround him much of the time. The string is there. All they have to do is follow it - in spite of serious roadblocks and distractions they should follow it. A little tug on the thing will help from time to time. If the republicans realize that outside of truly masterful manipulation and misdirection, they're play a little league team, they'll succeed.
    And...a mistake that the left makes here, keep the rabid dogs away. The whole process must be moderate and mature. If you can take a look a look at the Watergate hearings, where Senator Sam Evin kept it all on an even keel while Nixon's goons rained **** on him.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #319
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    And...a mistake that the left makes here, keep the rabid dogs away. The whole process must be moderate and mature. If you can take a look a look at the Watergate hearings, where Senator Sam Evin kept it all on an even keel while Nixon's goons rained **** on him.
    Interesting that you mention Nixon. The parallels between Nixon and Obama are striking. The left would react as vampires exposed to a cross at the mere mention of it, but the things in common between the two are unmistakable. The political right would do well, as you say, to maintain calm and steadfast in their investigation, revealing only enough to keep the fires burning until the conclusion is reached in every instance. Someone needs to demonstrate the even handedness and maturity (as you say) to lend this process the dignity a court proceeding requires. In this case, that someone would be the loyal opposition to Obama, who will be grandstanding at every opportunity. The disparity between the two will be striking and convincing, and that will be paramount.

  10. #320
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Interesting that you mention Nixon. The parallels between Nixon and Obama are striking. The left would react as vampires exposed to a cross at the mere mention of it, but the things in common between the two are unmistakable. The political right would do well, as you say, to maintain calm and steadfast in their investigation, revealing only enough to keep the fires burning until the conclusion is reached in every instance. Someone needs to demonstrate the even handedness and maturity (as you say) to lend this process the dignity a court proceeding requires. In this case, that someone would be the loyal opposition to Obama, who will be grandstanding at every opportunity. The disparity between the two will be striking and convincing, and that will be paramount.
    I agree, and have not said so, much in the past, as you really get hammered in typical Obama defense strategy, beginning with pointing out Nixon was a Republican.

    The arrogance and swagger is there. I can see Obama saying "I can bomb anybody I want, I'm the president." I can also see that he is as much the egotist as Nixon, and believe he is above the law, simply because he is president. If it should come down to it, and similar hearings have to be held, watch as Obama repeats every step of resistance through the courts, the same "executive privilege" with "national security" now thrown in for good measure.

    Americans will have to get a handle on that, the corruption and arrogance if they ever hope to deal seriously with the growing list of ills too long ignored. I do not oppose Obama so much for lying, for abandoning American principles for domestic politics, nor so much the shabby treatment of his allies, but I do damn him outright for having squandered one of the greatest opportunities the country has had to make change. He had a full majority and being an asshole, thought his players would never change.

    Had it been a real leader, he would have walked into the Oval Office, called the leaders, plural, of the Republican party and have them over to the White House for a serious chat. The Kind FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan held with them, to find where there was common ground and build on that. I once saw a piece seven years ago that said Obama had the votes in both houses to make changes in immigration, provided he accepted that the flow now had to be stopped. Instead he shot back with an insulting reference to "alligators and moats"

    The man has no concept of other's needs, that they have egos too, and that when called out, they react. They have, and now he faces a wall of democracy which he is meeting like a spoiled school boy denied his toys and is now stomping his feet making threats he cannot carry out.

    In the end, there are many similarities, too many, between the Nixon White House and it's "German Shepherds"
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •