Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 418

Thread: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

  1. #281
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Again no it hasent. The posted the definition of a word, "records". No one has shown where the word "records" has been used in the context of giving the federal government the power of acquisite "records". I repeatedly asked you to show me where, and you have refused to shown.
    As has been posted several times, the obligation is Clinton's to provide them.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #282
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As has been posted several times, the obligation is Clinton's to provide them.
    Then go ahead point to it in the law........


  3. #283
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Then go ahead point to it in the law........
    Already done many times by many posters. No longer honoring bad faith requests.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #284
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Already done many times by many posters. No longer honoring bad faith requests.
    No it has not. Its been pointed to a definition... THAT IS IT. No one has pointed to anything else. Not you (I mean you of course said you were basically too ignorant to understand the law, and then justified that by appealing to authority), not anyone else.


  5. #285
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No it has not. Its been pointed to a definition... THAT IS IT. No one has pointed to anything else. Not you (I mean you of course said you were basically too ignorant to understand the law, and then justified that by appealing to authority), not anyone else.
    False and unworthy of reply.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #286
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    False and unworthy of reply.
    Fair enough. From smoene whose whole posts have been, "nauh, nauh, nauh... nauh, nauh, nauh...."


  7. #287
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Here is the law, it was signed two years after Clinton left her office.


    http://blogs.archives.gov/records-ex...esident-obama/

    On November 26, 2014, President Barack Obama signed into lawH.R. 1233, The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014. This law modernizes records management by focusing more directly on electronic records and complements our efforts to implement the President’s 2011 Memorandum on Managing Government Records. The law also represents the first significant changes to the Federal Records Act of 1950. The major points of this legislation are as follows:

    • Strengthening the Federal Records Act by expanding the definition of Federal records to clearly include electronic records.
    • Confirming that Federal electronic records will be transferred to the National Archives in electronic form.
    • Granting the Archivist of the United States final determination as to what constitutes a Federal record.
    • Authorizing the early transfer of permanent electronic Federal and Presidential records to the National Archives, while legal custody remains with the agency or the President.
    • Clarifying the responsibilities of Federal government officials when using non-government email systems.

    Passage and enactment of this law marks a significant moment in the history of Federal Records Management. We are in the process of reviewing our existing regulations in light of these new provisions and will have much more to say about changes to our regulations and policies in the future.
    For additional information, please see the press release that was issued yesterday. Stay tuned to the blog for further updates. Do not hesitate to leave a comment if you have a question and we will do our best to respond.


  8. #288
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Here is the law, it was signed two years after Clinton left her office.


    http://blogs.archives.gov/records-ex...esident-obama/

    On November 26, 2014, President Barack Obama signed into lawH.R. 1233, The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014. This law modernizes records management by focusing more directly on electronic records and complements our efforts to implement the President’s 2011 Memorandum on Managing Government Records. The law also represents the first significant changes to the Federal Records Act of 1950. The major points of this legislation are as follows:

    • Strengthening the Federal Records Act by expanding the definition of Federal records to clearly include electronic records.
    • Confirming that Federal electronic records will be transferred to the National Archives in electronic form.
    • Granting the Archivist of the United States final determination as to what constitutes a Federal record.
    • Authorizing the early transfer of permanent electronic Federal and Presidential records to the National Archives, while legal custody remains with the agency or the President.
    • Clarifying the responsibilities of Federal government officials when using non-government email systems.

    Passage and enactment of this law marks a significant moment in the history of Federal Records Management. We are in the process of reviewing our existing regulations in light of these new provisions and will have much more to say about changes to our regulations and policies in the future.
    For additional information, please see the press release that was issued yesterday. Stay tuned to the blog for further updates. Do not hesitate to leave a comment if you have a question and we will do our best to respond.
    The original 1950 Act was in force during Clinton's SecState tenure.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #289
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Clinton private email violated 'clear-cut' State Dept. rules - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO

    "The State Department has had a policy in place since 2005 to warn officials against routine use of personal email accounts for government work, a regulation in force during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state that appears to be at odds with her reliance on a private email for agency business, POLITICO has learned.
    The policy, detailed in a manual for agency employees, adds clarity to an issue at the center of a growing controversy over Clinton’s reliance on a private email account. Aides to Clinton, as well as State Department officials, have suggested that she did nothing inappropriate because of fuzzy guidelines and lack of specific rules on when and how official documents had to be preserved during her years as Secretary of State.
    But the 2005 policy was described as one of several “clear cut” directives the agency’s own inspector general relied on to criticize the conduct of a U.S. ambassador who in 2012 was faulted for using email outside of the department’s official system. . . ."



    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #290
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,987

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Just more bull**** from this Administration...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •