Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 418

Thread: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

  1. #231
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    the fact of its existence is prime facie evidence of an attempt to deceive....fraud.
    Yes, the intent is clear, and until now, she's been successful. She got away with this because of her position and her relationship with the heavy hitters in the administration and beyond. I believe the toothpaste is out of the tube now.

  2. #232
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Yes, the intent is clear, and until now, she's been successful. She got away with this because of her position and her relationship with the heavy hitters in the administration and beyond. I believe the toothpaste is out of the tube now.
    Just starting...

    Wait till she's under oath again
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #233
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Just starting...

    Wait till she's under oath again
    That will be forthcoming, I'm sure. I imagine Elizabeth Warren and others are checking their wardrobes for possible upcoming events as well. The argument over the legality of this has an almost comic nature to it. It's clearly illegal - that's what had the political left so incensed with the Bush administration in 2007. If it was illegal then, and it was, it's illegal from 2009 to 2013.

  4. #234
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    That will be forthcoming, I'm sure. I imagine Elizabeth Warren and others are checking their wardrobes for possible upcoming events as well. The argument over the legality of this has an almost comic nature to it. It's clearly illegal - that's what had the political left so incensed with the Bush administration in 2007. If it was illegal then, and it was, it's illegal from 2009 to 2013.
    It's a specious argument and a strange defense.

    It wasn't illegal is the weakest possible defense, especially if and when the courts say otherwise...then they are left with blaming the courts.

    Best defense is an oversight. "oops"

    Instead they are arguing the minutea, to the point of absurdity. One blogger says that because SOME email suppliers allow ghost domain names, i is proof she did not have a server in her home.

    Where it was located is irrelevant, the fact that it exists and for what purpose is what is at issue.

    But we again find a circuar, self defeating argument. It is not illegal, but if it is, he servers were not in her home, there is no proof a law was broken, and therefore an investigation to find that evidence is a witch hunt.

    We at least we don't have "its racist" anymore and we sure are after one ugly witch
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #235
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    It's a specious argument and a strange defense.

    It wasn't illegal is the weakest possible defense, especially if and when the courts say otherwise...then they are left with blaming the courts.

    Best defense is an oversight. "oops"

    Instead they are arguing the minutea, to the point of absurdity. One blogger says that because SOME email suppliers allow ghost domain names, i is proof she did not have a server in her home.

    Where it was located is irrelevant, the fact that it exists and for what purpose is what is at issue.

    But we again find a circuar, self defeating argument. It is not illegal, but if it is, he servers were not in her home, there is no proof a law was broken, and therefore an investigation to find that evidence is a witch hunt.

    We at least we don't have "its racist" anymore and we sure are after one ugly witch
    If a Romanian hacker could get in, what do you think the possibilities are that other more interested parties might have done the same with little effort? There's far more going on here than her defenders realize.

  6. #236
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    If a Romanian hacker could get in, what do you think the possibilities are that other more interested parties might have done the same with little effort? There's far more going on here than her defenders realize.
    The opportunity was there...sure

    And for that there should be an investigation. That's kind of outing people isn't it? Putting people in service in harm's way?

    The defenders realize it all right, that's what makes them so **** scared. That's why the second post in most of these things has some troll doing a version of "old news' it's a witch hunt"

    Look, I've chased down some scandals in my day, from people getting parking passes that shouldn't to following Watergate. Deny, deny, deny can work...until the dam of denial is overwhelmed.

    In most cases where the charges are bogus, one of three things happen: the accused immediately comes forward with a defense to clear their name, they dig in, deny and sue, or they wait quietly for the process to clear them.

    It has been my experience that going off on lame defenses and denials, "I did not have sex with that woman", usually means they are guilty as hell.

    Hillary is playing hide and seek here. I think she is worried what else the Obama administration has cooked up for her
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #237
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The opportunity was there...sure

    And for that there should be an investigation. That's kind of outing people isn't it? Putting people in service in harm's way?

    The defenders realize it all right, that's what makes them so **** scared. That's why the second post in most of these things has some troll doing a version of "old news' it's a witch hunt"

    Look, I've chased down some scandals in my day, from people getting parking passes that shouldn't to following Watergate. Deny, deny, deny can work...until the dam of denial is overwhelmed.

    In most cases where the charges are bogus, one of three things happen: the accused immediately comes forward with a defense to clear their name, they dig in, deny and sue, or they wait quietly for the process to clear them.

    It has been my experience that going off on lame defenses and denials, "I did not have sex with that woman", usually means they are guilty as hell.

    Hillary is playing hide and seek here. I think she is worried what else the Obama administration has cooked up for her
    There's no love lost between the Clinton's and Obama. I imagine Jimmy Carville has cracked open a few bottles of Makers Mark by now. This definitely has implications beyond the simple, "So, she had a personal email account," - as if that's the objection. She conducted State business over insecure communications. She sought to avoid disclosure to the American public at the expense of the American public.

    The assertion that 55,000 emails is significant is meaningless.

    There is a long, dark hole where there should be a record. That void will now be filled, and what's disclosed along the way doesn't bode well for the former secretary. She knows this, knew this, and has known that at some point it would be exposed. No matter how much is exposed, the question will always linger about all that wasn't.

    I wonder if any of the 55,000 include those dated 9/11/12 through 9/14/12?

    I doubt her political ambitions will survive this. I also wonder who else will be implicated. Should be interesting to watch.

  8. #238
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Their thesis was that she violated the Federal Records Act of 1950.
    Right, but which section? She maintained an archive of her emails, as required by that Act. Different regulations said she needed to, at some indeterminate point, transfer those emails onto government systems, and she's done at least some of that. The NYT just made an allegation, but left readers with no idea what law she was alleged to have broken. It appears she might not have timely archived them WITH THE STATE DEPT but it wasn't until after she left that the law put a time period on that requirement.

    I don't think there is any doubt she set up a personal email account and did business through it for the same reason just about everyone who gets this kind of scrutiny has done it - Palin, Jeb, many in the Bush WH, Colin Powell, Lerner, etc...... I doubt if there's a high level elected or appointed or career person in D.C. that does ALL their business through their official work account. Maybe they have a personal email, maybe it's a campaign account, whatever. And we sure as hell know they ALL avoid email or written records of any kind for the stuff that they want hidden but that should be documented as required by law. They don't want them subject to some FOIA request, or at least they don't want them easily accessed during such a request in what are sometimes fishing expeditions. But that's a different topic than whether or not she broke a law.

  9. #239
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Look, you're running around all over the place in an attempt to explain why Hillary is free and clear.
    If "running all over the place" means reading the LAW, then sure I am "all over the place".

    She isn't. The fact that the 2014 Act clarifies exactly what constitutes an item worthy of record doesn't eliminate the original Act and the clearly stated requirement to maintain records.

    She wasnt secretary of state in 2014... The original act did not apply to emails. Why do you think they amended the original act in late 2014?


    This is well known, and the 2014 Act is precisely to eliminate the gray areas the Bush administration exploited - none of which excused them. Simply put, outside of the admission that GOP servers were used, nothing was uncovered which would allow prosecution for anything, which I agree is alarming. Unfortunately for Hillary, somethings have been uncovered and it's a near certainty that more will be forthcoming - regardless if the emails have been deleted from her server - and I'm sure they were a long time ago.
    Hilary Clinton was not Secretary of State in 2014, therefore the original act did not cover private emails.



    In her case, the high level one. Don't know it's official title, and don't really care. If you're interested, you can look it up. Shouldn't be hard to find.
    Well what should I search? Government emails?


  10. #240
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Clinton had no official State Dept. email address

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Nor would I. However, I would note that just because an offender isn't apprehended doesn't mean a crime hasn't been committed. Why it took so long for this problem to come to light is puzzling. Many people knew. It appears that sensitive and classified information passed through her server. That's serious - just ask Petraeus. We'll see what happens and how far it goes. I think the release of this now indicates Hillary wants to test it before she announces a campaign to see if the repercussions would prevent her running.
    You still havent explained on how the she broke the original law, havent pointed to where she did, havent pointed to the clause in the orignial act which gives the National Archives the power to acquire private emails.


Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •