Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

  1. #1
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,814

    Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    The offensive for Tikrit has begun.

    A key link that must be taken and controlled before moving on to Mosul

    Now we will see how well they do. I am referring to the Iraqi Military and the Shia Militias as they are separate entities.

    This is going to be one hell of a fight.

    It consists of substantial number of Shia Militia who are known to be using Death Squads to execute Sunni's.

    I think that capabilities will be significant, I am referring to both Soldiers, ISIL and civilians.

    If there are atrocities, by the Shia Militias how will the world react?

    Thoughts are?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/wo...T.nav=top-news

    BAGHDAD — The Iraqi military, alongside thousands of Shiite militia fighters, began a large-scale offensive on Monday to retake the city of Tikrit from the Islamic State, a battle that could either become a pivotal fight in the campaign to reclaim north and west Iraq or deepen the country’s bloody sectarian divide.

    Iraqi state television announced the beginning of the offensive Monday morning, a day after Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi visited the forces massed on Tikrit’s outskirts and delivered a speech in which he said “zero hour” for the liberation of Tikrit was at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,105

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    Will this battle be on Netflix? I need to get some popcorn.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    I wish them well. ISIS needs a bullet in its face.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    We just got word.....from one of our own people on the ground. The Iraqis have moved to engage with Shia Militia and led by an Iranian QUDS Force Commander.

    It appears the Iranians are leading this offensive and didn't tell us nor did the Iraqis.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    We just got word.....from one of our own people on the ground. The Iraqis have moved to engage with Shia Militia and led by an Iranian QUDS Force Commander.

    It appears the Iranians are leading this offensive and didn't tell us nor did the Iraqis.
    Are you surprised? Obama will know now though since it'll be on the news.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #6
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    This might be just what ISIS wants to galvanize Sunnis to their side. Expect to see ISIS videos showing purported Shiite massacres of Sunnis.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    We just got word.....from one of our own people on the ground. The Iraqis have moved to engage with Shia Militia and led by an Iranian QUDS Force Commander.

    It appears the Iranians are leading this offensive and didn't tell us nor did the Iraqis.
    The Iranians are leading this? Got any links to that? That is definitely news worthy, but I understand ospec.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The Iranians are leading this? Got any links to that? That is definitely news worthy, but I understand ospec.
    Yeah USC. I will get ya one.....they have been reporting it for the last few hrs.


    AP ANALYSIS: US on sidelines of key Iraqi battle against IS.....

    Iranian-backed Shiite militias and Sunni tribes have joined Iraq's military in the operation to retake Saddam Hussein's hometown from the Islamic State group, but the U.S.-led coalition has not. The campaign for Tikrit is a dress rehearsal for the real contest: The fight to recapture Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city and the extremists' biggest stronghold. But can a large-scale ground offensive alone succeed, without U.S.-led air support?

    One of the biggest campaigns in the heart of militant-controlled Iraq, the battle for Tikrit involves a complex mix of several Iraqi military brigades and thousands of Shiite militiamen and Sunni tribal fighters. Directing the offensive is the powerful Iranian Gen. Ghasem Soleimani, commander of the elite Revolutionary Guard's Quds Force, aided by dozens of Iranian military advisers. Glaringly absent are the U.S.-led coalition forces whose air campaign since last summer has nearly halted the Islamic State rampage across Iraq. Pentagon spokesman Army Col. Steve Warren said this week that the U.S. is not providing air power in the Tikrit operation "simply because the Iraqis haven't requested us to."....snip~

    AP ANALYSIS: US on sidelines of key Iraqi battle against IS | www.springfieldnewssun.com

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah USC. I will get ya one.....they have been reporting it for the last few hrs.


    AP ANALYSIS: US on sidelines of key Iraqi battle against IS.....

    Iranian-backed Shiite militias and Sunni tribes have joined Iraq's military in the operation to retake Saddam Hussein's hometown from the Islamic State group, but the U.S.-led coalition has not. The campaign for Tikrit is a dress rehearsal for the real contest: The fight to recapture Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city and the extremists' biggest stronghold. But can a large-scale ground offensive alone succeed, without U.S.-led air support?

    One of the biggest campaigns in the heart of militant-controlled Iraq, the battle for Tikrit involves a complex mix of several Iraqi military brigades and thousands of Shiite militiamen and Sunni tribal fighters. Directing the offensive is the powerful Iranian Gen. Ghasem Soleimani, commander of the elite Revolutionary Guard's Quds Force, aided by dozens of Iranian military advisers. Glaringly absent are the U.S.-led coalition forces whose air campaign since last summer has nearly halted the Islamic State rampage across Iraq. Pentagon spokesman Army Col. Steve Warren said this week that the U.S. is not providing air power in the Tikrit operation "simply because the Iraqis haven't requested us to."....snip~

    AP ANALYSIS: US on sidelines of key Iraqi battle against IS | www.springfieldnewssun.com
    Thanks I was able to find some pics of the offensive, looks like its going rough...

    Current situation in Tikrit...

    ISIS suicide tractor...

    Rescue of wounded in Tikrit...

    And a newly erected line, to separate "Inner" from "Outer" Iraq (aka ISIS).


    And some very hot and heavy combat footage, they appear to be taking an ancient? fort. Not sure where Wall Hnas is.
    Last edited by US Conservative; 03-03-15 at 07:23 PM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iraq Begins Offensive to Recapture Tikrit From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thanks I was able to find some pics of the offensive, looks like its going rough...

    Current situation in Tikrit...

    ISIS suicide tractor...

    Rescue of wounded in Tikrit...

    And a newly erected line, to separate "Inner" from "Outer" Iraq (aka ISIS).

    Yeah it looks like ISIS is going to give them a fight.....as they haven't bailed. It didn't say how many thousands of Shia Militia either. But we know al Sadr has over 120k.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •