Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92

Thread: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

  1. #51
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    This is the point that government has violated the religious institution of marriage and now marriage is nothing more than an government joke of a marriage.

    Now marriage is a temporary contract based only on the government, along with the huge divorce industry.

    My own suggestion is for religious people to only get married within their faith under God, and do NOT get entrapped by the immoral and baseless government marriages.

    They would lose some government benefits - yes, but that would also give them some protection from the government chopping block for their marriage and for their family.

    Just let the homosexuals have the legal marriages since they are now the ones left who see any value to it.



    ===============================================




    The reason there has never been a fight like this before is because the government is now forcing this onto the religion.

    The religions are under attack by the State violating the religious authority.

    It did not happen before because the government had not invaded the religions before.
    This is all pretty much bull but I will say that I agree with you on one point. For those who feel that marriage belongs to their religion and that the government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all, I absolutely agree that those people should avoid getting legally married and just go through their churches. There are actually some churches who agree and are working toward convincing their clergy to reject signing any marriage certificates from the state. I say "good for them". When they realize that this isn't popular among the people though or when their congregations realize that it is foolish to this, it will end. Or such churches will simply stop growing and likely grow smaller with time.

    The majority is becoming less and less religious, especially concerning these sort of things. Practicality trumps religious dogma for many people, which is why there are so many Catholics who use birth control, so many who have always felt it was fine to use birth control, because the tenet is impractical in the minds of most people, even if they agree with what they consider the more important tenets of the Catholic faith (and yes, I'm speaking from what I've seen from my own family).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    I agree that it is a done deal, and if somehow it ever gets turned back in the future then that would be abrupt and extremely uncomfortable.

    My point was simply to include the reality that this action marks the violation of the Church by the State and I see that as noteworthy.

    There is no reason why we would not properly morn the huge loss of our old compatriots.

    Both religion and marriage have been violated by the State for the purpose of homosexuality.
    But again....no one...no religious organizations made any requests to 'turn back' anything when non-religious persons were married civilly in what you claim is supposed to be a religious institution. And none made...except by the Catholic Church....for adulterers or fornicators to marry....big big sins, just like homosexuality.

    This is what I'm questioning? Why did all manner of religiously-based "family" organizations and religions such as LDS spend millions to stop SSM but not the other marriages?

    What makes this 'violation' different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    This is all pretty much bull but I will say that I agree with you on one point. For those who feel that marriage belongs to their religion and that the government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all, I absolutely agree that those people should avoid getting legally married and just go through their churches. There are actually some churches who agree and are working toward convincing their clergy to reject signing any marriage certificates from the state. I say "good for them". When they realize that this isn't popular among the people though or when their congregations realize that it is foolish to this, it will end. Or such churches will simply stop growing and likely grow smaller with time.

    .
    I've asked people (not Mr. Cusick) this a few times and never gotten an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #54
    The Expert
    JP Cusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hollywood, MD. USA, 20636
    Last Seen
    04-22-15 @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What makes this 'violation' different?
    That is because you are mixing different things as the saying goes = Mixing apples and oranges.

    The religions and Churches are NOT trying to fight against marriage as all religions promote marriages as it was a religious institution.

    The reason for the resistance to the SSM is because the government is forcing that onto the religions and thereby it is the violation of the Church by the State.

    Most religions have already declared that they accept the SSM, but that acceptance was given under the threat of force from the gov.

    Our gov is like the Godfather movie where they = Make them an offer which they can not refuse.

    The religions are really made up of very considerate people, so they were happy to marry non-religious people, and to make a legal and religious marriage for adulterers, and for the fornicators there was the saying of "Making an honest person out of them" by getting them married.

    The religions are not the enemy of anyone.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    SIGNATURE: JP Cusick
    Mr. Know-it-all, sir.

  5. #55
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    The reason for the resistance to the SSM is because the government is forcing that onto the religions and thereby it is the violation of the Church by the State.

    Most religions have already declared that they accept the SSM, but that acceptance was given under the threat of force from the gov.
    What are you talking about are you talking about another country? How has government forcing anything on religion and violating the church? How were religions forced under threat by the government?
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  6. #56
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional | Reuters



    The order:
    8:14-cv-00356 #54 - Nebraska Memo and Order



    The order also references one of my favorite judicial smackdowns in the history of this issue, Baskin v Bogan:



    Again and again, proponents of same-sex marriage bans simply cannot make a reasonable case for their personal beliefs to be law.
    As it should marriage will be allowed for everyone across the nation soon.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  7. #57
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    That is because you are mixing different things as the saying goes = Mixing apples and oranges.

    The religions and Churches are NOT trying to fight against marriage as all religions promote marriages as it was a religious institution.

    The reason for the resistance to the SSM is because the government is forcing that onto the religions and thereby it is the violation of the Church by the State.

    Most religions have already declared that they accept the SSM, but that acceptance was given under the threat of force from the gov.

    Our gov is like the Godfather movie where they = Make them an offer which they can not refuse.

    The religions are really made up of very considerate people, so they were happy to marry non-religious people, and to make a legal and religious marriage for adulterers, and for the fornicators there was the saying of "Making an honest person out of them" by getting them married.

    The religions are not the enemy of anyone.
    This doesn't make any sense at all because religions are only involved in marriage with respect to their own churches, ceremonies they perform and which people's marriages within their congregations they recognize as such. That is it, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the government recognizing marriages of any kind. Religions are free to not recognize any marriage the government does, and they are free to also recognize marriages the government doesn't.

    Oh, and there are plenty of religions that are the "enemy" various other people, whether you want to recognize that or not.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #58
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's not a violation, nobody took over anything. You've always been able to have a private religious ceremony for whatever you like. Your church can marry two dogs if it wants to, but the government isn't going to recognize it.
    Yes I'm not understand his clams either. What was taken over, wheres the violation?
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  9. #59
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    I agree that it is a done deal, and if somehow it ever gets turned back in the future then that would be abrupt and extremely uncomfortable.

    My point was simply to include the reality that this action marks the violation of the Church by the State and I see that as noteworthy.

    There is no reason why we would not properly morn the huge loss of our old compatriots.

    Both religion and marriage have been violated by the State for the purpose of homosexuality.
    You have said this a lot during this thread but I haven't seen any examples yet. Do you have any because I would be VERY much against that type of violation, I'm just no aware of there being any.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  10. #60
    The Expert
    JP Cusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hollywood, MD. USA, 20636
    Last Seen
    04-22-15 @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    As it should marriage will be allowed for everyone across the nation soon.
    Under the force of law - yes.

    But by no other means.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    SIGNATURE: JP Cusick
    Mr. Know-it-all, sir.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •