Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92

Thread: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

  1. #31
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    This is the point that government has violated the religious institution of marriage and now marriage is nothing more than an government joke of a marriage.
    .
    No, the point is that religious organizations made no objections to any of those changes, except perhaps in the case of polygamy, until SSM came up.

    I asked you...why didnt religions object EVER to non-religious people marrying? To marrying in courthouses? To other sinners like adulterers and fornicators?

    How about: to the state even 'sanctioning a religious institution' and regulating it? Requiring licenses for it?

    Got any asnwers at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #32
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    Maybe not solely religious but it was always religious - until now when the State violated the religious Institution.

    The various governments did step into marriage from the beginning of governments, but marriages NEVER happened without religion included.

    The separation of Church from State is now officially violated.

    Maybe not solely religious but it was always religious
    That is nonsensical. Not all marriages are religious...period.


  3. #33
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    1.)This is the point that government has violated the religious institution of marriage and now marriage is nothing more than an government joke of a marriage.
    2.)Now marriage is a temporary contract based only on the government, along with the huge divorce industry.
    3.)My own suggestion is for religious people to only get married within their faith under God, and do NOT get entrapped by the immoral and baseless government marriages.
    4.)They would lose some government benefits - yes, but that would also give them some protection from the government chopping block for their marriage and for their family.
    5.)Just let the homosexuals have the legal marriages since they are now the ones left who see any value to it.


    6.)The reason there has never been a fight like this before is because the government is now forcing this onto the religion.
    7.)The religions are under attack by the State violating the religious authority
    8.)It did not happen before because the government had not invaded the religions before.
    1.) nobody educated, honest and objective buys this lie
    please explain how this is being done. Are churches not free to do religious marriages ass they see fit anymore? i missed that announcement and constitutional change
    2.) false there still is religious, and spiritual marriage that have ZERO to do with a marriage contract
    3.) you and who ever wants are free to do this subjective opinion
    4.) again you are free to do so and what do the government protects matter to your RELIGIOUS marriage??? i thought the whole point was you dont want them involved so its a win for you
    5.) actually just like us heterosexuals they already have access to religious and spiritual marriage and have for avery long time in this country but finally equal rights is winning and they now have access to legal marriage also in the majority of the country and by summer everywhere
    6.) again this lie has no legs if you disagree please provide ONE single fact that supports your post lie . . . one lol
    7._) see 6 and 1 your claim is factually wrong
    8.) and it is factually not happening now

    like i said, you wont be able to, butf you disagree please simply post one fact that supports you, thank you

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #34
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    This is the point that government has violated the religious institution of marriage and now marriage is nothing more than an government joke of a marriage.

    Now marriage is a temporary contract based only on the government, along with the huge divorce industry.

    My own suggestion is for religious people to only get married within their faith under God, and do NOT get entrapped by the immoral and baseless government marriages.

    They would lose some government benefits - yes, but that would also give them some protection from the government chopping block for their marriage and for their family.

    Just let the homosexuals have the legal marriages since they are now the ones left who see any value to it.
    The religious have never controlled marriage, it isn't a religious institution and if they want to refuse to perform gay marriages in their private churches, they're more than welcome to do so. They are claiming control over something that has never been theirs to begin with. Being married in a church doesn't make you married. You can walk down all the aisles in all the churches you want, you're not married until you get that piece of paper from the state and this has been true for a very, very, very long time. Churches claiming that they somehow own the word "marriage" are delusional, which isn't at all surprising considering what other crap they preach from those pulpits.

    The religious need to get the hell over themselves.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #35
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    That is nonsensical. Not all marriages are religious...period.
    Wrong. *NO* marriages are religious. Religions perform ceremonies. They do not provide marriages. They can perform all the ceremonies they want, they can speak all the sacred words they want, they haven't married anyone who doesn't get that document from the state that says they are married.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #36
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    Maybe not solely religious but it was always religious - until now when the State violated the religious Institution.

    The various governments did step into marriage from the beginning of governments, but marriages NEVER happened without religion included.

    The separation of Church from State is now officially violated.
    Go back in history- SSM was widely practiced. Then Christians deemed it a sin. Then thru the next part of history Church's assumed the role of solemnizing Marriages. Ya had to get married there- or...........
    Look to Henry the VIII. Did not like the RCC version- Poof we got a new church- a State Church.


    Henry VIII of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #37
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    This is the point that government has violated the religious institution of marriage...

    <<SNIP>>

    The religions are under attack by the State violating the religious authority.

    So let me ask you.

    Do you recognize that same-sex couple who receive a religious marriage in a religious organization as married and that the government should recognize that equally as different-sex couples married in a religious organization?



    If the government doesn't recognize those marriages equally, isn't that the government interfering with religious authority?

    >>>>

  8. #38
    The Expert
    JP Cusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hollywood, MD. USA, 20636
    Last Seen
    04-22-15 @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, the point is that religious organizations made no objections to any of those changes, except perhaps in the case of polygamy, until SSM came up.

    I asked you...why didnt religions object EVER to non-religious people marrying? To marrying in courthouses? To other sinners like adulterers and fornicators?

    How about: to the state even 'sanctioning a religious institution' and regulating it? Requiring licenses for it?

    Got any asnwers at all?
    I certainly agree and accept that religion (particularly Protestant Christianity) was the ring leader in their own destruction because Christianity made the huge mistake of viewing the government as the hand of God and they viewed the USA as a Christian Nation which it was NOT, and so the government eventually turned against the foolish religion that gave its power over to an immoral entity of government.

    So yes the Christians are at fault for their own ruin, but it is still the government that violates the Institution of marriage.



    ==================================================


    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    That is nonsensical. Not all marriages are religious...period.
    They are not now, but 100 years ago and forever before that then they were all religious or sanctioned by religion and none were not.

    We have non-religious marriages now because the government has taken away the authority of the religions, and the State has violated the religious institution of marriage.

    Now today it is different because the government has violated marriages.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    SIGNATURE: JP Cusick
    Mr. Know-it-all, sir.

  9. #39
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    1.) but it is still the government that violates the Institution of marriage.


    2.) They are not now, but 100 years ago and forever before that then they were all religious or sanctioned by religion and none were not.
    3.) We have non-religious marriages now because the government has taken away the authority of the religions
    4.) and the State has violated the religious institution of marriage.
    5.)Now today it is different because the government has violated marriages.
    1.) you keep reposting this lie but havent been able to provide ONE single fact to support it? please do so in your next post, thanks
    2.) another lie, see #1
    3.) another lie, no authority was taken from religion, see #1
    4.) see #1
    5.) see #1

    you can keep repeating the lie that 2 + 2 = 678 but nobody is buying it. HOnest educated and objective people need something called proof and facts. Please provide those now, thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #40
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: U.S. judge rules Nebraska same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JP Cusick View Post
    I certainly agree and accept that religion (particularly Protestant Christianity) was the ring leader in their own destruction because Christianity made the huge mistake of viewing the government as the hand of God and they viewed the USA as a Christian Nation which it was NOT, and so the government eventually turned against the foolish religion that gave its power over to an immoral entity of government.

    So yes the Christians are at fault for their own ruin, but it is still the government that violates the Institution of marriage.
    I dont think the govt is immoral just because of how it recognizes marriage...or in general. It may be 'amoral' but I'm thinking "objective' here, not 'empty of morals.' The recognition and protection of rights for individuals is not an *immoral* basis for governing IMO. It does mean however, that it should try to protect those rights as equally (fairly) as possible.

    May I ask how the govt allowing atheists to marry has harmed your marriage? Anyone's marriage? Has made marriage 'less religious' for religious people? How as it harmed religion in America? Has it taken God out of your life or marriage somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •