Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 280

Thread: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of punishme

  1. #161
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    This lie. It should read, "Imagine you are shoplifting at Bloomingdale's, when a security guard taps you on the shoulder and busts you".
    You expect far to much from reporters.
    Fact is that is what is happening - In some states you can be shoplifting by concealing goods and walking away to another area of the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #162
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    You expect far to much from reporters.
    Fact is that is what is happening - In some states you can be shoplifting by concealing goods and walking away to another area of the store.
    Uh, yeah. Why else would you need to "conceal goods"? What is your point here? Do you think people stuff merchandise down their pants in lieu of using a shopping basket or cart? C'mon here man, gimme a break. Seriously, what is your point?

    I don't even like putting my own stuff back in my pockets in the store because I don't even want anyone to think I am stealing. Not because I am afraid of getting wrongly accused, but because I don't want anyone to think I am a thief. I hate thieves.

  3. #163
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know that.

    I don't see on that page where you can pull up somebody's name but I will keep looking
    It's a general search for all warrants in that state by filter. There's generally a charge for accessing specific public records and several pay services aggregate the records and make them easily searchable by specific individuals.

    I think many of the local papers still have a local crime section that detail local arrests, warrants and police actions.

  4. #164
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I read the fvcking article. It opens up with a scenario where someone is confronted in the aisle, before he's stolen anything, and given the choice of cops or paying for the 'course'.
    Are you just ignoring the opening paragraph, the one quoted in the OP, and pretending it's not there? You're ignoring what I say in my replies, too, just so nothing gets in the way of your tantrum. See that part of your slobbery rant I highlighted? I told you already that it's probably a good option for someone who's guilty of stealing, but maybe you were raving at someone else at the time.
    Jesus. You're impressive, dude, no argument there.
    Creating your own pretend scenario is a great way to stir morons up that read your article, even if it has no basis in reality. I have a difficult time imagining people are so stupid they dont believe theft protection departments understand the rules regarding apprehension of and what qualifies as shoplifting. I have an equally difficult time believing people are so soft and ****ing mutton-headed they believe someone can grab them, accuse them of shoplifting, and be extorted into admitting to a crime they obviously didn't commit. At the end of the day, there is this ton of ridiculous poutrage over a practice that gives shoplifters a second chance without a criminal record. If you are 'that guy' that gets busted for shoplifting and would rather get a record and face the cops, have a ball.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That is not what was asked inthe OP.

    It says you were tapped on the should browsing in the store. it did not say you shoplifted anything. You were still in the store, so no shoplifting had taken place.
    Clearly, they're not going to pick anyone up who hasn't shoplifted. That's just common sense.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #166
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Uh, yeah. Why else would you need to "conceal goods"? What is your point here? Do you think people stuff merchandise down their pants in lieu of using a shopping basket or cart? C'mon here man, gimme a break. Seriously, what is your point?

    I don't even like putting my own stuff back in my pockets in the store because I don't even want anyone to think I am stealing. Not because I am afraid of getting wrongly accused, but because I don't want anyone to think I am a thief. I hate thieves.
    Why else you say, each State differs on the rules for shoplifting, from concealment, to must attempt to or leave the property.

    Next this is big business. I wonder what their stats are?
    So how is this a lie perpetrated by Liberals?

    Oh yeah, and in some States, Debtors Prisons, best term I can think of are big business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #167
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Clearly, they're not going to pick anyone up who hasn't shoplifted. That's just common sense.
    "Common sense" always seems a bit more elusive than one might imagine...

  8. #168
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Why else you say, each State differs on the rules for shoplifting, from concealment, to must attempt to or leave the property.

    Next this is big business. I wonder what their stats are?
    So how is this a lie perpetrated by Liberals?

    Oh yeah, and in some States, Debtors Prisons, best term I can think of are big business.
    Again, why would anyone need to "conceal goods", unless they were attempting to steal them?

  9. #169
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Again, why would anyone need to "conceal goods", unless they were attempting to steal them?
    Again, I was referring to the law. Your opinion on why as well as mine is not relevant, as it does not always apply when it comes to laying a charge. Laws and evidence apply.
    Thing is unless you can afford a lawyer, well i would guess most sign up.
    Still a great business model.
    All the legal issues remain with the business client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #170
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Pay us or we値l call the cops: Many U.S. stores giving shoplifters choice of puni

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Again, I was referring to the law. Your opinion on why as well as mine is not relevant, as it does not always apply when it comes to laying a charge. Laws and evidence apply.
    Thing is unless you can afford a lawyer, well i would guess most sign up.
    Still a great business model.
    All the legal issues remain with the business client.
    I still don't get your point. Do you have a problem with the program? If so, why?

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •