Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 268

Thread: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

  1. #141
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Fortunately for all of us, net neutrality does not preclude such pricing options.
    That's good then.... That must be in the FCC regulations that will make things better so can you post where specifically it states the preclusion?

    And that doesn't however help liveonramen's argument which seems to be about capping being a BAD thing.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #142
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    and...

    who cares? if ya cant afford the larger package then I dont care.. Its not a God given right to have HULU and Netflix..

    Your article even states TODAY it would only affect 2% of users?... so for 2% of users you gave away OUR FREEDOMS... and all ya have to do is buy the larger package this term "cap" is lib talk for " I want more for free"
    Actually, not. You should re-read my post because rather than refute it, you seem to head off on some crazy person tangent.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #143
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Huh... so you agree capping internet usage is NOT a good thing yet, you buy capacity on your mobility phone for data and purchase a specific amount each month and if you go over you pay more. That's internet usage. You're capped with voice service so if a mobile phone minutes are exhausted, additional costs apply for any overages (we've all been there). Yet, when heavier users of say 600GB or 1,000GB a month use so much more than others you say they should NOT have to pay more.
    Not sure where you've gotten ANY of that. I've stated it's a fact and two people have stated it's not a fact. Your ass must be chapped from pulling all of that out of it.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #144
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,735

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's good then.... That must be in the FCC regulations that will make things better so can you post where specifically it states the preclusion?
    Does NOT preclude. There is no preclusion to state.

    The regulations arne't published yet, but the fact sheet released by the FCC stated things like:

    o Rate regulation: the Order makes clear that broadband providers shall not be subject to
    tariffs or other form of rate approval, unbundling, or other forms of utility regulation
    o Universal Service Contributions: the Order DOES NOT require broadband providers to contribute to the Universal Service Fund under Section 254
    o The Order will not impose, suggest or authorize any new taxes or fees – there will be no automatic Universal Service fees applied and the congressional moratorium on Internet taxation applies to broadband.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #145
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Not sure where you've gotten ANY of that.
    From your post obviously. Do you want to go on record stating the practice of capping fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I've stated it's a fact and two people have stated it's not a fact. Your ass must be chapped from pulling all of that out of it.
    It's sweet you're concerned about my ass, but I'd like to go on record I'm a married man to a woman so...

    Secondly, MY point (the other two people are irrelevant) is that capping does occur and the concept of those who use more pay more is common place in the market and society at large and has been. So... you're okay with capping and companies charging more to those who use more am I correct?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Actually, not. You should re-read my post because rather than refute it, you seem to head off on some crazy person tangent.
    You seem to think you know about things you really dont.. but suffice to say this is a raping of our freedoms going forward..

    I read your article.. did you?

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Fortunately for all of us, net neutrality does not preclude such pricing options.
    sure.. just more fees and taxes and how content will be charged to cover these new costs...

    what was wrong with your internet yesterday?

    Only a totla polly anna doenst see this as the first step to govement control and so mnay just gulping down this Obama lie as usual..

  8. #148
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,735

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    You seem to think you know about things you really dont.. but suffice to say this is a raping of our freedoms going forward..

    I read your article.. did you?
    https://www.fcc.gov/document/chairma...-open-internet
    Forbearance
    Congress requires the FCC to refrain from enforcing – forbear from – provisions of the Communications
    Act that are not in the public interest. The proposed Order applies some key provisions of Title II, and
    forbears from most others. There is no need for any further proceedings before the forbearance is
    adopted. The proposed Order would apply fewer sections of Title II than have applied to mobile voice
    networks for over twenty years.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #149
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    From your post obviously. Do you want to go on record stating the practice of capping fine?


    It's sweet you're concerned about my ass, but I'd like to go on record I'm a married man to a woman so...

    Secondly, MY point (the other two people are irrelevant) is that capping does occur and the concept of those who use more pay more is common place in the market and society at large and has been. So... you're okay with capping and companies charging more to those who use more am I correct?
    Actually if you read my post both questions are answered. Short answer, yes to end users, no to charging content providers.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #150
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: FCC adopts Net neutrality rules to ban Internet discrimination

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    You seem to think you know about things you really dont.. but suffice to say this is a raping of our freedoms going forward..

    I read your article.. did you?
    I did
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •