Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 290

Thread: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,374

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    why did Soros pour 200 million into this?

    what part of the internet dont you like that you feel govement will fix?
    That answer is obvious. Soros did no such thing.
    As for the 2nd question. I don't want the internet ruined by greedy ISP's like you do. Why do you always support foxes guarding henhouses? It is stupid.

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,374

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    And Mr. Gramm's name is also on the bill that gutted Glass-Steagall.
    He was a busy little bankers shill wasn't he.

  3. #193
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That answer is obvious. Soros did no such thing.
    As for the 2nd question. I don't want the internet ruined by greedy ISP's like you do. Why do you always support foxes guarding henhouses? It is stupid.
    Agreed, having the fox guard the henhouse isn't a good idea, but I'm not sure I want Foghorn Leghorn guarding the henhouse, either.

    Quite the conundrum.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #194
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How often does the federal government pass a small piece of legislation then back off and leave it alone?
    I don't have those statistics, but theres plenty of legislation left alone that should probably go away like agencies with conflicting or redundant agendas, so it is certain to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If it's so innocuous, why the need or desire for secrecy? Why not lay it out and say, "Here's what we're going to vote on."?
    This has been their practice since the 70s according to my understanding and this is the same process which allowed "open devices" on cell phone networks, which lead to things like the android and iphone, showing this process has also lead to positive results and therefore making the automatic assumption of malfeasance unwarranted on your part.

  5. #195
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    This has been their practice since the 70s according to my understanding and this is the same process which allowed "open devices" on cell phone networks, which lead to things like the android and iphone, showing this process has also lead to positive results and therefore making the automatic assumption of malfeasance unwarranted on your part.
    If so, then all the more reason to be open and up front, isn't it?

    I am seriously not getting the defense of secrecy. Unnecessary secrecy, to hear the defenders tell it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #196
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    If so, then all the more reason to be open and up front, isn't it?

    I am seriously not getting the defense of secrecy. Unnecessary secrecy, to hear the defenders tell it.
    I am on the fence about whether its good or necessary, I just don't think its automatically bad or a black mark on the agency as you seem to. Some damn good rules have come out of that process such as disallowing AT&T to only allow rented phones on their network.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    How is going around the court with the FCC constitutional? Can someone explain to me how doing the same thing that was just ruled unconstitutional is in fact constitutional?

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    A more productive line of thinking would involve questions such as "In what ways has title ii utilities led to less freedom and lower quality service in the past?" Anything else is hysteria, imho.
    How exactly does the government pass regulations and not decrease freedom? Can you perhaps explain this impossibility to me?

  9. #199
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I am on the fence about whether its good or necessary, I just don't think its automatically bad or a black mark on the agency as you seem to. Some damn good rules have come out of that process such as disallowing AT&T to only allow rented phones on their network.
    I stated in an earlier post that I am unsure if it is good or bad, as well, but your response doesn't really address why secrecy is necessary. Even if everything is above board and good, openness in government should be the default, with secrecy specifically needing to be justified, shouldn't it?

    I do not believe that long standing policies of secrecy... i.e.: "Well, that's how we've done it for so long."... excuses the practice.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    It's not "total secrecy," it's a utility. We have utilities...they're not new.

    And in case you haven't been paying attention, extremes are the raison d'Ítre of these threads.
    Isn't treating it like a utility basically taking it over?

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •