Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 290

Thread: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

  1. #141
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Name a single IT association that wasn't part of an ISP interest group that did not support net neutrality.

    Everyone that is a significant and important part of the internet supported NN along with the people who are educated on the issue.

    Tell me, what is inaccurate about what I said?
    I'll admit that NN confuses me. But, if you are saying that the ISPs are all supporting this, then isn't that reason to question it?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #142
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,715

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'll admit that NN confuses me. But, if you are saying that the ISPs are all supporting this, then isn't that reason to question it?
    That's not what he is saying. Actually all the ISP's were against NN.

  3. #143
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,517

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'll admit that NN confuses me. But, if you are saying that the ISPs are all supporting this, then isn't that reason to question it?
    No, the ISPs are NOT supporting it. They wanted fast lanes and the ability to discriminate against data at their whim. They fought really, really hard over the past few years and spent 100s of millions of dollars trying to do the opposite of what passed.

  4. #144
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,517

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    thank you

    what we expect....

    the problem is why didnt we KNOW....why werent the rules disclosed?

    why wasnt the whole thing put on display, and put up for public debate

    you hope that is all that is in there....

    what if it isnt? what then?

    will you still toe the official line?
    We'll have to see, I'm pretty certain there won't be any surprises, that would be pretty strange.

  5. #145
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    No, the ISPs are NOT supporting it. They wanted fast lanes and the ability to discriminate against data at their whim. They fought really, really hard over the past few years and spent 100s of millions of dollars trying to do the opposite of what passed.
    Just imagine how great its going to be when they apply the same data prioritization for email and video!

  6. #146
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,801

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I get a kick out of the Verizon statement regarding the FCC decision -


    http://publicpolicy.verizon.com/asse...er_FINAL_1.pdf
    Dear Verizon;

    You're right. A light touch policy worked before, because you and your fellow ISPs were more or less behaving yourselves. Then you went and ****ed it up. Now you're getting regulated.

    Get ****ed,
    Deuce
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #147
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,801

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Just imagine how great its going to be when they apply the same data prioritization for email and video!
    Elaborate.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #148
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Dear Verizon;

    You're right. A light touch policy worked before, because you and your fellow ISPs were more or less behaving yourselves. Then you went and ****ed it up. Now you're getting regulated.

    Get ****ed,
    Deuce
    And you think you will BENEFIT by that regulation? Oh what a wonderful world you believe you live in where there is no government regulation that isn't just rainbows and candycanes.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #149
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,887

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Elaborate.
    No packet prioritization based on protocol or saturation. In order to ensure there is enough room for everything on the backbones, everything will be throttled.

  10. #150
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Live feed to the FCC vote on Net Neutrality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    No packet prioritization based on protocol or saturation. In order to ensure there is enough room for everything on the backbones, everything will be throttled.
    More big gubamint for da win! Wooohoo!
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •