Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

  1. #51
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Ahh, so we can't say islamic terrorism is something that comes from uneducated being indoctrinated, but seemingly coming from a seemingly "moderate" well educated types.
    I never said you cant say that. Im simply saying the majority of terrorists are educated and their socioeconomic status is generally middle class. What I just stated is a fact, and their are numerous studies to back up this claim, one which I just posted. I also never said that they were not indoctrinated. Clearly they are. You can be both indoctrinated and educated.... They are not mutually exclusive.


  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,946

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    So most likely he has family still in Briton. If that had been one of my family members he beheaded I would be paying them a visit. I would be all accounts be criminally insane and not responsible for my inhumane actions therefor.
    Deliberately targeting his family would make you no better than those pigs.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  3. #53
    Educator idea_steed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    932

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    ....and raping eight-year-olds, burning people alive in cages, and beheading people on youtube.

    Sorry, but "marginalization" doesn't lead to such things.
    Feeling marginalized alone won't push them to the extremes, which is why the incitement is crucial. To better tackle the radicalism, the government needs to sever the spread of those information.
    Passion and Patience

  4. #54
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    I've said this for years...THEY DON'T BELONG HERE.
    I don't care who thinks that's racist and bigoted, the fact is it's been proven hundreds of times since 9/11 that Muslims are not like us in the West, and they are bad for our society and way of life.
    In a related story, four Muslims in Brooklyn, New York are being charged today with trying to help Isis. When will we wake up and realize that Muslims will never be our friends just because we give them opportunity and a chance at a better life? They are psychotic for Allah.
    Then we should throw out all Christians based on your thinking. Most of the crime in country is more likely done by Christians then Muslims. Even domestic acts of terrorism.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Beheading innocent people isn't civilized in the least either.

    Clearly, these Militant Islamic Fundamentalists pose a grave danger to those around them, as through their spreading, the world at large, both moderate Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

    What more efficient mechanism to reduce their number significantly and therefore their threat? Knock them down hard enough, likely they'll be far less of a recurring problem in the future, given institutional memory.
    You are on to something there. What jihadists fear most is being humiliated. That is why they try so hard to make themselves look invincible, able to slaughter people at will, but shielded by their faith from even the most powerful enemies. They have devoted a lot of effort to videos that show them triumphant, usually accompanied by powerful, spellbinding music. The basso voices chant to a hypnotic drumbeat as the jihadists behead or immolate their powerless, quivering captives, or their planes make enormous fireballs of the Trade Center Towers, or their warriors blow up a convoy of American vehicles.

    But all the puffery looks less impressive when you see a video like the one I saw recently. Several of these great warriors stand in a street looking and sounding very lost, as down at the end of the block, what is left of a vehicle blazes away. It's blazing because a couple minutes earlier, one of the jihadists' bomb experts and a couple of his pals were in that vehicle when a missile came out of the sky, with no warning whatever, and hit them with twenty pounds or so of high explosive.

    I think the great warriors would seem much less invincible if, one night, heavy U.S. bombers destroyed every bridge in every city they occupy without even seeming to exert much effort. They would seem even more vulnerable if, several nights later, these aircraft blew up water utilities in all those places. There might be a pause of a couple weeks to let these lessons sink in on the inhabitants who are sheltering these jihadists, and then, one night, all the petroleum refineries, say, put out of commission. One night later still, all the electricity might go down in Raqaa, and Mosul, and Ramadi, and Tikrit, and every other place they claim to control, or the rail lines or airports serving these places made inoperable, or the gas or telephone utilities shut down.

    It would soon become clear to everyone watching this steady, relentless crippling that behind their bravado, the supposedly all-powerful jihadists were in fact the "weak horse"--that they could do absolutely nothing to stop it. We should not wring our hands about whether the predominantly Sunni populations in these places would resent the United States for this kind of thing. What is important is that the jihadists in Iraq and Syria should not be allowed to look like they are thumbing their noses at this country, and getting away with it. It is exactly that perception which contributes to the jihadists' prestige and appeal.

    I say all this because it's what I think should be done--not because I harbor any illusions that this sorry excuse for a president will ever go much beyond the pinpricks he's confined himself to so far. He doesn't give a damn how many innocent people these rats murder. All he cares about is appearing to do something, while doing nothing that counts much.

  6. #56
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So are most liberals. Why haven't they joined Jihad?
    Because nobody has occupied Europe or North America- if there was a military occupation and armed intervention by foreign powers, you can bet that a lot of people from the West would become terrorists.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Beheading innocent people isn't civilized in the least either.

    Clearly, these Militant Islamic Fundamentalists pose a grave danger to those around them, as through their spreading, the world at large, both moderate Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

    What more efficient mechanism to reduce their number significantly and therefore their threat? Knock them down hard enough, likely they'll be far less of a recurring problem in the future, given institutional memory.
    The problem for the western democracies, especially in Europe, is that they have imported too many Muslims to the point where meaningful assimilation is impossible.

    If European nations were to attack ISIS or Al Qaeda in the Middle East then the Fifth Columns in Europe would strike quickly at their host nations. This, I believe, is why Europeans are so reluctant to get involved in fighting ISIS. Either way they are going to lose.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    so it turns out this savage is yet another well to do, educated islamic, what drives these people to such barbarity? To give up all they have for this "War" and oppression?


    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    So two observations.

    1.) What is it going to take for the UK, or, in a broader sense, for Europe, to start realizing that JUST PERHAPS the whole idea of taking millions upon millions of muslim immigrants in to your country and then not requiring them to assimilate in any meaningful manner MIGHT have some tricky consequences?

    2.) Bye bye, Jihadi John. Or Muhammed Emzawaski or however you say it. Nice knowing you. I put the over/under at about 3 years until this guy is confirmed dead. Just that they know his name is a death sentence. They got to Sadaam, they got to Osama, they'll get this little nobody.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    So two observations.

    1.) What is it going to take for the UK, or, in a broader sense, for Europe, to start realizing that JUST PERHAPS the whole idea of taking millions upon millions of muslim immigrants in to your country and then not requiring them to assimilate in any meaningful manner MIGHT have some tricky consequences?

    2.) Bye bye, Jihadi John. Or Muhammed Emzawaski or however you say it. Nice knowing you. I put the over/under at about 3 years until this guy is confirmed dead. Just that they know his name is a death sentence. They got to Sadaam, they got to Osama, they'll get this little nobody.
    Getting this one guy isn't going to make any difference at all. There may be some temporary satisfaction but there will be hundreds more ready to take his place.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: ‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Getting this one guy isn't going to make any difference at all. There may be some temporary satisfaction but there will be hundreds more ready to take his place.
    True, nonetheless he's a dead man walking.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •