Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 458

Thread: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

  1. #261
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I didn't realize you spoke for "the rest of us". When did you obtain that power, comrade?

    you are a hawk; not part of the segment of the public that is sick to death of neoconservatism.

  2. #262
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    The Russian might be a dangerous imperialist. He is not going to use nukes in a skirmish like this one.

    But I do not see what the argument is for the US to act, where the EU is letting their friend be robbed at gunpoint. If they want to look treaterouse?

    Of course, it can pull us into a nasty spot, if the Russian grabs for Moldova or even Latvia.
    Greetings, joG.

    I posted earlier this week that I thought Putin might make a deal with the Ukraine to provide their oil and gas at a low price in return for using part of their country as a "land bridge" to get to the Crimea and the seaport he has there.

    He took a slightly different approach than I had considered, though, by reminding them that they owe Russia billions for the oil and gas they have already used, and unless they pay up, they will do without any further deliveries from Russia, and it's Winter over there. The Ukrainian government doesn't have the money, or they would not have been buying on credit in the first place, so one of two things will probably happen, IMO, but who knows.

    A "land bridge" deal may yet be made, or the Ukraine may ask other countries, including us, for monetary assistance to pay their debt to Russia, and continue to stay warm. Either choice benefits Russia, who has apparently decided to use capitalism as a means to get what he wants. I agree with others on here that he won't use a nuke - he doesn't have to. He is legally justified in asking for payment for gas and oil already delivered, and most people could not fault him for that. Unfortunately we have an $18 trillion dollar debt, so we'll probably have to borrow money from China to help the Ukrainian government pay Russia - you can't make this s*** up! - or run the printing presses full speed ahead, putting us even farther in debt! *shaking head in disbelief*

  3. #263
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Might as well be advocating for unicorns. Your marxist distortions may have to wait, comrade.
    you and i are quits. goodbye.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    you are a hawk; not part of the segment of the public that is sick to death of neoconservatism.
    Im for not appeasing greedy and aggressive soviet thugs. You may not be able to make that distinction-its subtle I know.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    you and i are quits. goodbye.
    Even surrendering the conversation? That sure went well.

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,340

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Might as well be advocating for unicorns. Your marxist distortions may have to wait, comrade.
    The problem is That that won't cut it. If we don't manage to create a robust global security system the future will be rather unpleasant.

  7. #267
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,870
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    there is certainly a Europe without the US, but i'm not advocating severing ties. i'm advocating getting out of the war business. we've been in a constant state of war for long enough. it's time to try something else.
    With great power comes great responsibility.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #268
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    With great power comes great responsibility.
    and when your roof is leaking, you stay home and fix the roof for a while.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, joG.

    I posted earlier this week that I thought Putin might make a deal with the Ukraine to provide their oil and gas at a low price in return for using part of their country as a "land bridge" to get to the Crimea and the seaport he has there.

    He took a slightly different approach than I had considered, though, by reminding them that they owe Russia billions for the oil and gas they have already used, and unless they pay up, they will do without any further deliveries from Russia, and it's Winter over there. The Ukrainian government doesn't have the money, or they would not have been buying on credit in the first place, so one of two things will probably happen, IMO, but who knows.

    A "land bridge" deal may yet be made, or the Ukraine may ask other countries, including us, for monetary assistance to pay their debt to Russia, and continue to stay warm. Either choice benefits Russia, who has apparently decided to use capitalism as a means to get what he wants. I agree with others on here that he won't use a nuke - he doesn't have to. He is legally justified in asking for payment for gas and oil already delivered, and most people could not fault him for that. Unfortunately we have an $18 trillion dollar debt, so we'll probably have to borrow money from China to help the Ukrainian government pay Russia - you can't make this s*** up! - or run the printing presses full speed ahead, putting us even farther in debt! *shaking head in disbelief*
    How did Ukraine ever get into that situation! And how did we?

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    The problem is That that won't cut it. If we don't manage to create a robust global security system the future will be rather unpleasant.
    I agree. A world without the US involved also means a world with more Russia and its tactics.

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •