Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 458

Thread: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i missed the part in which you described how IS will be eliminated, how long the following occupation will be, and why you think any puppet regime that we eventually install will be more successful than the ones that have failed in the past.

    and Russia scared of us? right. we'd have to nuke them first, and then they'd nuke us right back. put your brass knuckles away, because there's not going to be a war with Russia.
    ISIS will be eliminated by the US and its allies in the war on terror killing them. And then we will need to stay, as we did in Germany and Japan as long as its needed-likely decades. The good news is it will be a minimal force. Obvious problems in the Iraqi govt will need to be fixed but regardless we stay until its done.

    And its not about making Russia "scared" its about creating disincentives and allowing it to sink in that they are real and profound. Even dictators understand force-its a universal language.

  2. #172
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    ISIS will be eliminated by the US and its allies in the war on terror killing them. And then we will need to stay, as we did in Germany and Japan as long as its needed-likely decades. The good news is it will be a minimal force. Obvious problems in the Iraqi govt will need to be fixed but regardless we stay until its done.
    so, a 60 year occupation of a large chunk of the Middle East? no thanks. i've got an alternative proposal, though : the regional hegemon should handle its own region, as we handle ours. you actually support doing Saudi Arabia's job for it, and for free?

    additionally, even if we stay there for 60 years, more radical groups will pop up to take the place of IS, just like IS appeared when Al Qaeda was weakened. Syria is neither Germany nor Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    And its not about making Russia "scared" its about creating disincentives and allowing it to sink in that they are real and profound. Even dictators understand force-its a universal language.
    well, it sure is working.

    alternatively, maybe we should concentrate on fixing our own country.

  3. #173
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    nah, i think they want the US to handle it via brinksmanship. we all know that no one is going to war with Russia, because the consequences are too horrendous. yeah, Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union as a modern czar. we lived through the first USSR, we'll live through the second, Putin will eventually croak, and then some other asshole will take his place. what we won't live through is war with Russia. what i want the US to do is to fix the ****ing roof of our own house for a while, because it's leaking.
    So far it appears Putin is the one who decides if there will be war with Russia.

    And he's winning. He has already captured Crimea in the biggest invasion land grab since Hitler and is closing in on Kyev.

    If you're plan is waiting for Putin to die I have to ask how well that strategy is working for you in Cuba? Almost 60 years now,
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #174
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    So far it appears Putin is the one who decides if there will be war with Russia.

    And he's winning. He has already captured Crimea in the biggest invasion land grab since Hitler and is closing in on Kyev.

    If you're plan is waiting for Putin to die I have to ask how well that strategy is working for you in Cuba? Almost 60 years now,
    we're opening talks with Cuba. invasion didn't work.

    so, what's your strategy for war with Russia in Ukraine? who participates, who does what, and how much do your taxes go up to fund it? maybe you'll be the first to respond with an actual plan.

  5. #175
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,842

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    So far it appears Putin is the one who decides if there will be war with Russia.

    And he's winning. He has already captured Crimea in the biggest invasion land grab since Hitler and is closing in on Kyev.

    If you're plan is waiting for Putin to die I have to ask how well that strategy is working for you in Cuba? Almost 60 years now,
    And for Russia the Crimea is Russian.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...of_Ukraine.png

    History of Crimea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #176
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Thanks for the sites.

    I know what Russians think of Crimea...and Ukraine. Here, a spokesman for the Russian government compared Ukraine to Canada and our relationship with the US, and said what the US had done in Kyev was much like Russia trying to convert Canada, and said if they had secret agents in Ottawa, the US would not hesitate to invade. Many Canadians agree.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so, a 60 year occupation of a large chunk of the Middle East? no thanks. i've got an alternative proposal, though : the regional hegemon should handle its own region, as we handle ours. you actually support doing Saudi Arabia's job for it, and for free?

    additionally, even if we stay there for 60 years, more radical groups will pop up to take the place of IS, just like IS appeared when Al Qaeda was weakened. Syria is neither Germany nor Japan.



    well, it sure is working.

    alternatively, maybe we should concentrate on fixing our own country.
    Weve been places longer-thats the commitment required. Your type was fine appeasing hitler and stalin, mine was not. Courage man-show some.

    And as for radical groups-its all about cost and benefit-make it cost more and they will see the light or perish.

    Is there no threat you wont surrender to?

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    we're opening talks with Cuba. invasion didn't work.

    so, what's your strategy for war with Russia in Ukraine? who participates, who does what, and how much do your taxes go up to fund it? maybe you'll be the first to respond with an actual plan.
    We "talked" with Cuba, they made it clear they aren't going to change. All Obama did was allow more money to flow to totalitarian freaks. The people of Cuba wont see one dime.

    Your ideology in action, being "smart" of course.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    There are many Mexicans and Mexican-Americans and liberals here that think California is Mexico.
    Should we hand it over?

  10. #180
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: US, NATO Troops Parade Near Russian Border in Estonia

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    we're opening talks with Cuba. invasion didn't work.

    so, what's your strategy for war with Russia in Ukraine? who participates, who does what, and how much do your taxes go up to fund it? maybe you'll be the first to respond with an actual plan.
    There was ONE meeting and Cuba walked out. 60 years to wait for a leader to die is kind of insane and having one meeting kind of proves he's incompetent.

    But still, my point is that Putin decides when there is war...not the US and he is winning.

    How abut you answer a question before asking one. And if you're relying on a 65 year old retired journalist for a war strategy things are really ****ed up. You don't have a Pentagon anymore? Oh, not one with balls
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •