Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 199

Thread: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times[W:158]

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's not my fault you can't see it. Maybe if a liberal said it...
    This must be one of those famous lefty dog whistles.
    Just admit it-you made a mistake, and are eager to see what you want to see.

  2. #32
    User Frantz Fanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-09-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    69

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Seems like he had a knife, didn't comply, and even after being shot once was still aggressive towards cops.

    Too bad he probably didn't have a father around to teach him how to behave.
    Nuanced racism is one of my favorites. Survey finds dads defy stereotypes about black fatherhood - Los Angeles Times

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Where does the Second Amendment say anything about age?
    It does not, but chicago laws certainly do.

  4. #34
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well what we do know is that those who think only cops should have legal firearms might have to rethink their position. Oh BTW anyone who thinks cops are expert shooters ought to review this matter
    Second Amendment makes no mention of guns. Therefore carrying a knife is also "bearing arms."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It does not, but chicago laws certainly do.
    So you like those laws in Chicago when it's convenient to your argument?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Second Amendment makes no mention of guns. Therefore carrying a knife is also "bearing arms."
    I agree-that is why the Federal switchblade idiocy ought to be stricken (Oregon Supreme Court struck down a ban on switchblades based on their own 2A section)

    citizens of California need to challenge the idiotic bans on butterfly knives too

    but slashing tires isn't protected



  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you like those laws in Chicago when it's convenient to your argument?
    No, but I still follow them.

    As this kid was apparently a minor, and was already slashing tires, he apparently did not.

  8. #38
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,538

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have had a lot of experience with civilian shooting incidents?
    No, but a 17-year-old kid that's allegedly wielding a blade probably doesn't need to be shot 16 times to be subdued, especially twice in the back. I'd say that's overkill.

  9. #39
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Report: Chicago Police shoot teen 16 times | Chicago He allegedly had a knife and was slashing car tires. Overkill? Or were the cops putting down a T1000?

    Place yourself in a situation where you had to do the one thing most cops hope never to have to do; you have put a bullet in the guy and he keeps on coming. Your heart rate, already accelerated by having to confront the man, draw your weapon and fire, now, with him still posing a threat to you, your fellow officers and possibly innocent bystanders.....

    The average, untrained man with a side arm would put every bullet he had into the situation. That's what I suggest happened here. No over reaction, possibly overkill, and maybe some lack of training...but you will have to find some hard evidence of wrongdoing for me on that jury
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #40
    User Frantz Fanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-09-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    69

    Re: Report: Chicago police shoot teen 16 times

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What that I said could possibly be considered racist?
    Dont know basic facts much? Most felons dont dont have positive role models.
    Who's the felon?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •