Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 154

Thread: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

  1. #141
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,865

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Welcome to yesterday.

    I didn't blame Obama for the court ruling. Just that he claims that Islamic jihadists represent only 1 percent of Muslims, which is nonsense.
    I don't know what the percent is. And I am certainly not speaking out in defense of Obama. But I just find it hilarious when conservatives defended Saudi Arabia during the Bush Era because they were our "ally" in the WoT, yet are guilty of some of the worst human rights abuses in the 21st century.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  2. #142
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,767

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I don't know what the percent is. And I am certainly not speaking out in defense of Obama. But I just find it hilarious when conservatives defended Saudi Arabia during the Bush Era because they were our "ally" in the WoT, yet are guilty of some of the worst human rights abuses in the 21st century.
    Conservatives have never defended the ass-backwards, inferior, prehistoric, undeveloped, human-rights abomination of a culture that pervades the Middle East.

    It's a sub-human culture based on a dangerously evil theology. But when you can't drill your own oil in Anwar, you have to deal with the kindest devil you're dealt, I suppose.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,865

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Conservatives have never defended the ass-backwards, inferior, prehistoric, undeveloped, human-rights abomination of a culture that pervades the Middle East.
    They didn't necessarily defend their specific practices, they just looked the other way when it was a Republican holding the Saudi king's hand... literally.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #144
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,767

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    They didn't necessarily defend their specific practices, they just looked the other way when it was a Republican holding the Saudi king's hand... literally.
    Nobody has ever had false pretenses about Saudi Arabia. No president could be blamed for their ways, unless they were cozying up with a state like Iran that was openly hostile toward the US.

    Again, it's like swimming in the sewer when it comes to Middle East relations.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah, and then before there was no huge involvement when you check the History. Seems like they have constantly had the same problems going on. Whether others were there or not. That's the facts.

    So yes.....you can't blame the rest of the World for what those in the ME are responsible for. No matter what way you try to go with it. They take the blame for their own actions and behaviors. No one else.

    Just them.
    And we take the blame for ours. Removing Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and helping neutralize Assad, which our NIE says has made global terrorism worse, and America less safe. Now why in the hell would we care what some Internet dude from Chicago thinks, when our own NIE's, intelligence analysts, congressional committees, senior fellows at the Council on Foreign Relations, professors of geopolitics at several universities, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Jonathan Turley, and on and on, all say differently?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #146
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I don't know what the percent is. And I am certainly not speaking out in defense of Obama. But I just find it hilarious when conservatives defended Saudi Arabia during the Bush Era because they were our "ally" in the WoT, yet are guilty of some of the worst human rights abuses in the 21st century.
    Supplying 15 of the nineteen attackers and supplying financiers for 9/11. And this week a Saudi Arabian was arrested in Africa for plotting to blow up a couple of US embassies there. They also have a large history of support for regional terrorism.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #147
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    They didn't necessarily defend their specific practices, they just looked the other way when it was a Republican holding the Saudi king's hand... literally.
    This is true. And then we looked the other way when SA needed to crush Arab Spring protests, not unlike the ones we were supporting elsewhere, in Bahrain, which SA considered a threat to them. In exchange for their support in overthrowing Gaddafi. Something that has ruined Libya, emboldened terrorism, and made America less safe.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And we take the blame for ours. Removing Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and helping neutralize Assad, which our NIE says has made global terrorism worse, and America less safe. Now why in the hell would we care what some Internet dude from Chicago thinks, when our own NIE's, intelligence analysts, congressional committees, senior fellows at the Council on Foreign Relations, professors of geopolitics at several universities, Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Jonathan Turley, and on and on, all say differently?


    Again Monte......what part can't you keep up with when the US is out of the Picture. Thats who you blame all on, and for everything going on in the ME. You can't even come up with any answers when it falls on those in the ME for WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

    And why in the hell would we let some Internet DUDE in Saudi Arabia keep deflecting to his only talking point of blaming the US. Just so he can blame the US for everything. While crying about partisanship......yet can't figure out what Ideologies make up that partisanship.

    Even when told the US is out of the Picture you still can't figure it out.

    Oh and do try to be accurate as to the Saud creating the whole Assad Problem. You know.....those that you live around. The US couldn't have done anything, until after the Saud play. Again, those who you are living with. The Real Problem in the ME.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Again Monte......what part can't you keep up with when the US is out of the Picture. Thats who you blame all on, and for everything going on in the ME. You can't even come up with any answers when it falls on those in the ME for WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

    And why in the hell would we let some Internet DUDE in Saudi Arabia keep deflecting to his only talking point of blaming the US. Just so he can blame the US for everything. While crying about partisanship......yet can't figure out what Ideologies make up that partisanship.

    Even when told the US is out of the Picture you still can't figure it out.

    Oh and do try to be accurate as to the Saud creating the whole Assad Problem. You know.....those that you live around. The US couldn't have done anything, until after the Saud play. Again, those who you are living with. The Real Problem in the ME.
    That makes no sense, whatsoever, incoherent rambling without a point. Care to distill that for clarity?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I don't know what the percent is. And I am certainly not speaking out in defense of Obama. But I just find it hilarious when conservatives defended Saudi Arabia during the Bush Era because they were our "ally" in the WoT, yet are guilty of some of the worst human rights abuses in the 21st century.
    It woulg have been easy to attack Saudis for their human rights violations but in fact we may have needed them at the time and concentrated instead on the matter at hand. The US and it's Allies were in no position to attack Human Rights violators all over the world but it was understood that it would always be an ongoing battle, just as it is today and just as it ever was. Governments, usually because of diplomatic restraints and different immediate objectives cannot always publicly condemn those whose help we need over the short term. But private citizens like ourselves can certainly comment, and should.

    Thus when we see Women, Gays, children and religious minorities being abused and murdered we should speak out, and we should call Islamic Terrorists what they are. The days of George Bush was from another era and a new, more dangerous, world has now emerged. Fighting last years battles may make you feel good but its value is nil.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •