Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    From Fox News:

    Two Syrian activist groups said Tuesday that ISIS terrorists have abducted at least 70 Assyrian Christians after overrunning a number of small villages in the northeast of that country.

    ...It was not immediately clear what ISIS planned to do with the Assyrians. The militants have a long history of killing captives, including foreign journalists, Syrian soldiers and Kurdish militiamen. Most recently, militants in Libya affiliated with ISIS released a video showing the beheading of 21 Egyptian Christians.

    But ISIS also could use its Assyrian captives to try to arrange a prisoner swap with the Kurdish and Christian militias that it faced off against in northeastern Syria. There is a precedent: the extremists have released Kurdish school children as well as Turkish truck drivers and diplomats after holding them for months. Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS | Fox News

    How long can the civilized world tolerate these aggressions?

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Terrible. I am all for sending weapons and training. America and our allies seem tired of war. The mess in the middle east requires middle east solutions. We should probably think about picking the next dictator until we are ready to take him out in the 2020's.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    From Fox News:

    Two Syrian activist groups said Tuesday that ISIS terrorists have abducted at least 70 Assyrian Christians after overrunning a number of small villages in the northeast of that country.

    ...It was not immediately clear what ISIS planned to do with the Assyrians. The militants have a long history of killing captives, including foreign journalists, Syrian soldiers and Kurdish militiamen. Most recently, militants in Libya affiliated with ISIS released a video showing the beheading of 21 Egyptian Christians.

    But ISIS also could use its Assyrian captives to try to arrange a prisoner swap with the Kurdish and Christian militias that it faced off against in northeastern Syria. There is a precedent: the extremists have released Kurdish school children as well as Turkish truck drivers and diplomats after holding them for months. Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS | Fox News

    How long can the civilized world tolerate these aggressions?
    Sure makes one long for the days when Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad were in power and in control, and these types were contained. I wonder when the "civilized" world is going to recognize its failed policies in the region?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #4
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    "What is the capital of Assyria?"

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Assyrians, Kurds, Jezidis, Druse, koptic christians, shia, alawite, armenian orthodox christians, armenian catholic christians and many more...

    Have you ever seen an ethnical map of the middle east?

    The entire region is controlled by Arab dominated nations, just how the Balkans used to be run by the Serbs.

    Stories like these confirm to me what I have proposed for a long time, disolve the nations of the middle east, because they are nothing but British and French colonial leftovers.

    Create nations in the regions based on ethnical/cultural lines, and you will avoid future conflict.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Assyrians, Kurds, Jezidis, Druse, koptic christians, shia, alawite, armenian orthodox christians, armenian catholic christians and many more...

    Have you ever seen an ethnical map of the middle east?

    The entire region is controlled by Arab dominated nations, just how the Balkans used to be run by the Serbs.

    Stories like these confirm to me what I have proposed for a long time, disolve the nations of the middle east, because they are nothing but British and French colonial leftovers.

    Create nations in the regions based on ethnical/cultural lines
    , and you will avoid future conflict.
    ISIS appreciates your endorsement of their Caliphate I asume.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    ISIS appreciates your endorsement of their Caliphate I asume.
    What a gigantic load of nonsence!

    ISIS has captured regions which are ethnicaly Kurdish, Assyrian aswell as regions that are religiously predominantly armenian catholic, shia and jezidi.

    They burned their cultural shirines and heritage and attempted to ethnicaly cleane the region and purge it of it`s heritage.

    ISIS are in that regard no different from the Arab regimes like Saddam Hussain who tried the same with the Kurds and Shia.

    Or for that matter, ISIS is also not much different from the Serb fascists who attempted to destroy Bosnian culture and Croatian heritage in the eastern regions of Croatia.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Assyrians, Kurds, Jezidis, Druse, koptic christians, shia, alawite, armenian orthodox christians, armenian catholic christians and many more...

    Have you ever seen an ethnical map of the middle east?

    The entire region is controlled by Arab dominated nations, just how the Balkans used to be run by the Serbs.

    Stories like these confirm to me what I have proposed for a long time, disolve the nations of the middle east, because they are nothing but British and French colonial leftovers.

    Create nations in the regions based on ethnical/cultural lines, and you will avoid future conflict.
    That of course, is why Germany invaded France and Russia in WW2 I suppose.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    That of course, is why Germany invaded France and Russia in WW2 I suppose.
    No.

    All peoples of Europe have their own nations.

    Only 2 peoples of the middle east have their own nations.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Activists report dozens of Assyrian Christans kidnapped by ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    No.

    All peoples of Europe have their own nations.

    Only 2 peoples of the middle east have their own nations.
    And yet there has been plenty of conflict there...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •