Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 530

Thread: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218, 239]

  1. #461
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    This is not just about jews in America.
    What is that even supposed to mean? The accusation I was responding to was the absurd notion that liberals are rabid anti-semites. I am merely pointing out that over 80% of the world's Jews live in either the United States or Israel. Of the Jews in the United States, an average of 80% or more consistently vote Democrat. Moreover, arguably at least half the Jews in Israel are liberal going from the parties they support (its a parliament, conservatives when they win simply win a plurality there not a clear majority). Most likely 75% or more of the world's Jews are liberal. So its a pretty absurd notion that leftists are "rabid anti-semites" when the majority of Jews are leftists. Just because someone has a different of opinion with the current ruling party in Israel does not mean they are anti-semites. If it did, then half the Jewish population of Israel would be anti-semites.

    Finally, Antisemitism has historically had a much stronger history with the far right than with the left.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    What is that even supposed to mean. The accusation I was responding to was the absurd notion that liberals are rabid anti-semites. I am merely pointing out that over 80% of the world's Jews live in either the United States or Israel. Of the Jews in the United States, an average of 80% or more consistently vote Democrat. Moreover, arguably at least half the Jews in Israel are liberal going from the parties they support (its a parliament, conservatives when they win simply win a plurality there not a clear majority). Most likely 75% or more of the world's Jews are liberal. So its a pretty absurd notion that leftists are "rabid anti-semites" when the majority of Jews are leftists. Just because someone has a different of opinion with the current ruling party in Israel does not mean they are anti-semites. If it did, then half the Jewish population of Israel would be anti-semites.
    It seems that Jews are being just as self destructive as Blacks. Bret Stephens: Israel and the Democrats - WSJ

  3. #463
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems that Jews are being just as self destructive as Blacks. Bret Stephens: Israel and the Democrats - WSJ
    And this folks is exactly why minorities don't vote for Republicans. Your argument is basically: "Hey all you Jews are so stupid you don't vote your own interest as we see them."
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #464
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You have a link to that?
    It happens around here constantly.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #465
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems that Jews are being just as self destructive as Blacks. Bret Stephens: Israel and the Democrats - WSJ
    The partisan conceit is breathtaking.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #466
    Professor
    jpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,482

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    I'm a liberal who thinks it's time for America to stop letting its foreign policy by dictated by another nation. A lot of conservatives and some Democrats seem to think that our foreign policy should be whatever Bibi says. I don't. And no, that doesn't make me a Jew-hater.

    Israel was a good friend and important strategic partner during the Cold War. In turn, we provided vital assistance to them during their struggle for existence. But it's absurd for us to continue to support them when they insist on a bull-headed and ultimately doomed policy of continuing to build on the West Bank. Few civilized nations in the world support Israel, and its because of the stupidity and blindness of their policies. Blaming this lack of support on anti-Jewish sentiment is merely a convenient canard.

    A lot of conservatives, by the way, only support Israel because of some crazy Biblical theories about the Second Coming and all that. Blithering nonsense.

    Not all conservatives are out of their minds with regards to Israel, though. Here's a good article from The American Conservative: The Disgraceful Spectacle in Congress | The American Conservative

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    And this folks is exactly why minorities don't vote for Republicans. Your argument is basically: "Hey all you Jews are so stupid you don't vote your own interest as we see them."
    And this is why leftists thinking they understand something when they clearly don't is so frustrating. You translate what is in front of you into something that fits into your predetermined and misinformed conclusions?

    You racist Southern Democrats, famous for the KKK, lynchings, and Jim Crow laws are impugning the statements of others?

    Read the article, Hillbilly, and then comment.

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by jpn View Post
    I'm a liberal who thinks it's time for America to stop letting its foreign policy by dictated by another nation. A lot of conservatives and some Democrats seem to think that our foreign policy should be whatever Bibi says. I don't. And no, that doesn't make me a Jew-hater.

    Israel was a good friend and important strategic partner during the Cold War. In turn, we provided vital assistance to them during their struggle for existence. But it's absurd for us to continue to support them when they insist on a bull-headed and ultimately doomed policy of continuing to build on the West Bank. Few civilized nations in the world support Israel, and its because of the stupidity and blindness of their policies. Blaming this lack of support on anti-Jewish sentiment is merely a convenient canard.

    A lot of conservatives, by the way, only support Israel because of some crazy Biblical theories about the Second Coming and all that. Blithering nonsense.

    Not all conservatives are out of their minds with regards to Israel, though. Here's a good article from The American Conservative: The Disgraceful Spectacle in Congress | The American Conservative
    Right! Israel 'was" a good friend but now they are being abandoned for the new best friends in the area..In fact Obama has lost many traditional allies in this brave new world he has created.

  9. #469
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And this is why leftists thinking they understand something when they clearly don't is so frustrating. You translate what is in front of you into something that fits into your predetermined and misinformed conclusions?

    You racist Southern Democrats, famous for the KKK, lynchings, and Jim Crow laws are impugning the statements of others?

    Read the article, Hillbilly, and then comment.
    I read the statement. My comment still stands. Moreover, all those Southern Democrats that were in the KKK or supported Jim Crow have either died off or jumped ship to the Republican party long ago.

    The fact is the majority of Jews are liberals. Jews vote Democrat more consistently than any other demographic other than African Americans. By your reasoning they do so because they are too stupid to know better rather than because of their personal ideals.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I read the statement. My comment still stands. Moreover, all those Southern Democrats that were in the KKK or supported Jim Crow have either died off or jumped ship to the Republican party long ago.

    The fact is the majority of Jews are liberals. Jews vote Democrat more consistently than any other demographic other than African Americans. By your reasoning they do so because they are too stupid to know better rather than because of their personal ideals.
    They do it because the left has painted conservatives as clansmen.

Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •