Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 530

Thread: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218, 239]

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    The good thing about Netanyahu's visit is America will finally get to see what a leader looks like.
    Because compared to a warmonger like netanyahu, everyone looks like a leader.

  2. #242
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    277

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Congress and the Senate must do an end run around this incompetent President before he completely destroys the Middle East and shatters the relationships with all the former American allies.
    Congress is the one that is dysfunctional. The Republicans have a majority and the House GOP are unable to pass a simple bill because of the insane infighting. As for Netanyahu, this guy is running for reelection and is using his visit to the US as a backdrop to his campaign. The Mossad and other competent Israelis along with our CIA say Iran has years to go before creating a nuclear bomb if that is the Persians' goal. PM Netanyahu is either paranoid or injecting politics BIG TIME into his actions. During the US last election, Netanyahu let it be known he perferred Mitt Romney for president, not Barack Obama. The Republican Party, since the night of President Obama's inauguration, has vowed to block and humiliate this president at each and every step. He put an immigration bill before them that was bi-partisan and the sheep-led Speaker of the House, John Boehner, refused to bring it to the floor. By inviting Netanyahu to speak before congress without consulting the president was the ultra-right-wingers' action to humiliate the president. This move by the House has deepened the angst among Israelis and Jewish Americans. Many of the Congress will not attend the speech tomorrow and I don't blame them. Netanyahu does not create foreign policy in the US, that is the perrogative of the President of the US. Israel is a foreign nation and a liability because the current PM would like the US to send its soldiers to fight Israel's enemies. The US illegally invaded Iraq, partly because Israel wanted them to AND Cheney wanted to control Iraq's oil, so the two reasons complemented each other. But his lastest move by Netanyahu to use the US as a utility while spitting in the face of the US president has garnered Israel much blowback. Israel is arrogant and thinks it's so big it can tell the US what to do. Wow! Wonder what the future holds.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    Congress is the one that is dysfunctional. The Republicans have a majority and the House GOP are unable to pass a simple bill because of the insane infighting. As for Netanyahu, this guy is running for reelection and is using his visit to the US as a backdrop to his campaign. The Mossad and other competent Israelis along with our CIA say Iran has years to go before creating a nuclear bomb if that is the Persians' goal. PM Netanyahu is either paranoid or injecting politics BIG TIME into his actions. During the US last election, Netanyahu let it be known he perferred Mitt Romney for president, not Barack Obama. The Republican Party, since the night of President Obama's inauguration, has vowed to block and humiliate this president at each and every step. He put an immigration bill before them that was bi-partisan and the sheep-led Speaker of the House, John Boehner, refused to bring it to the floor. By inviting Netanyahu to speak before congress without consulting the president was the ultra-right-wingers' action to humiliate the president. This move by the House has deepened the angst among Israelis and Jewish Americans. Many of the Congress will not attend the speech tomorrow and I don't blame them. Netanyahu does not create foreign policy in the US, that is the perrogative of the President of the US. Israel is a foreign nation and a liability because the current PM would like the US to send its soldiers to fight Israel's enemies. The US illegally invaded Iraq, partly because Israel wanted them to AND Cheney wanted to control Iraq's oil, so the two reasons complemented each other. But his lastest move by Netanyahu to use the US as a utility while spitting in the face of the US president has garnered Israel much blowback. Israel is arrogant and thinks it's so big it can tell the US what to do. Wow! Wonder what the future holds.


    Obama is a liability

    did Obama go to Israel in 2008 weeks before the US Election?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Because compared to a warmonger like netanyahu, everyone looks like a leader.
    war monger?

    I had no idea Ben was part of the Jihad or part of Hamas or Hezbollah...

  5. #245
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Israel shouldn't be dictating our national policies.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #246
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    Congress is the one that is dysfunctional.
    The entire thing is dysfunctional at this point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #247
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Israel shouldn't be dictating our national policies.
    Neither should Obama, for that matter.

    But Israel isn't dictating our policies.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Neither should Obama, for that matter.

    But Israel isn't dictating our policies.
    Well at least he is an elected official of the US, not a foreigner with grand plans on how we should spend our money, military, and diplomacy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #249
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If the country had a Statesman present it would happen as you pointed out but instead there are just a bunch petulant adolescents masquerading as adults in this Administration, supported and abetted by the Gruberites..
    I'm not sure if you've ever read the constitution, but the founding fathers made the president the pointman of the United States when dealing with other countries. They understood that if congressional factions which disagreed with the president entered into negotiations with foreign governments, then it would undermine the US as a whole. We may disagree internally, but externally we show a unified front. When Democrats disagreed with Bush about WMD's in Iraq, they didn't bring foreign leaders in to make a political point.

    What's truly sad is that now we see childish partisans putting politics ahead of US interests abroad. Never before has the US congress brought a foreign leader to the US congress without consulting the executive branch. It shows a fundamental lack of respect and understanding for the constitution.

  10. #250
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    277

    Re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Because compared to a warmonger like netanyahu, everyone looks like a leader.
    Could not agree more. However, Netanyahu appears to have a narcissistic personality disorder. He doesn't give a damn what damage is done between this president and him as long as he does everything he can to win the upcoming Israeli election. He really should care because President Obama will be in office another two years. Netanyahu is so vain that he thinks he can undo any damage he's caused just by proclaiming "the Israeli ties with the US is strong and will always remain strong." Not so, Mr. Netanyahu. If the fabric of the foundation began to erode how long will the building stands

Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •