Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 530

Thread: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218, 239]

  1. #91
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,529

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    Thank you. I agree with you totally. Netanyahu is trying to show his clout and is in step with the manipulative Republican Party who are having conniptions because President Obama used executive Powers which btw has been used many times before by other presidents. Remember when Ted Cruz and his ilk shut down the government last year because of the Affordable Care Act, a bill that was already the law of the land?! The Government shutdown lost billions of dollars because of intransigent Republicans.
    What a steaming pile that is....Maybe you'd be happier in a dictatorship.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #92
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,205

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yes, and those same jews are secular, essentially only "ethnic" jews.
    They are also very pro-Israel. Here's a list of Jews in congress....

    List of Jewish American politicians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There isn't one single Jewish person in the current GOP congress. Not one.


    Why would Bibi want to alienate the US Jews? Does he think he has enough support in US congress without them? He's angry at Obama for trying to negotiate a deal with Iran and he wants to tell his side. That's fine, but if he wants in on the negotiations then he should sign the nuclear arms treaty, too.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    They are also very pro-Israel. Here's a list of Jews in congress....

    List of Jewish American politicians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There isn't one single Jewish person in the current GOP congress. Not one.


    Why would Bibi want to alienate the US Jews? Does he think he has enough support in US congress without them? He's angry at Obama for trying to negotiate a deal with Iran and he wants to tell his side. That's fine, but if he wants in on the negotiations then he should sign the nuclear arms treaty, too.
    These secular jews are liberals. Liberals aren't very pro-israel.
    Besides, I dont hear the left making the argument that Bibi can only speak if some majority are pro-israel, do you?

    In any case, regardless of the facts-libs will cry.

    But Bibi is going to speak anyway so get used to it.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    02-16-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Most leftists are strongly anti-Semitic--B. Hussein Obama is a good example. They say it's Israel they don't like, to try to cover their animosity toward Jews in general.


    You do not even know a tiny fraction of all leftists. So for you to claim (in a matter-of-fact manner no less) that you know what most of them think about ANY subject - let alone whether most of them are 'strongly anti-Semetic' - is ridiculous in the extremis.


    Btw, I am neither a lefty or righty.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-22-15 at 03:57 PM.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a steaming pile that is....Maybe you'd be happier in a dictatorship.
    If you don't want to end up in a dictatorship, you should oppose ALL extra-constitutional behavior by presidents.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #96
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,205

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    These secular jews are liberals. Liberals aren't very pro-israel.
    Besides, I dont hear the left making the argument that Bibi can only speak if some majority are pro-israel, do you?

    In any case, regardless of the facts-libs will cry.

    But Bibi is going to speak anyway so get used to it.
    Who appointed you to speak for American Jews...or liberals for that matter?

    If by secular you mean that American Jews love the Constitution and it's separation of church and state then you'd be right. But you aren't.

    All the Jewish members in congress will be attending Bibi's speech, so maybe you should get used to it.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    You do not even know a tiny fraction of all leftists. So for you to claim (in a matter-of-fact manner no less) that you know what most of them think about ANY subject - let alone whether most of them are 'strongly anti-Semetic' - is ridiculous in the extremis.


    Btw, I am neither a lefty or righty.
    I don't know who you are, nor do I care what political views you claim to have. But I do know you have not the faintest idea what leftists I know, or don't know. For you to claim (in a matter-of-fact manner, no less) that you do is laughable.

    The typical collectivist dim bulb dislikes Jews and sympathizes with Islamists who share their resentment of America--and that is why they and their president are so hostile to Israel. Even Jimmy Carter, for all his anti-Semitic comments, cannot match B. Hussein Obama. No U.S. president since Israel was created in 1948 ever showed anything like Obama's animosity toward that nation, which one administration after another viewed as one of this country's closest allies.

    I had to be around a great many leftists for quite a few years in school--professors, students, administrators--and I know damn well what they typically think. I know most of them detest almost everything about this country and its constitution, although, having no shame, they think nothing of living here and taking advantage of all the U.S. offers. Most of the great many leftists I have heard blather over the years also dislike blacks--although they try desperately to hide their race prejudice, it usually shows itself after a couple drinks. Part of the faux liberal's cover is pretending to be oh-so-caring about every identifiable minority. In fact they are self-righteous, intolerant prigs who are the very opposite of true liberals.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Who appointed you to speak for American Jews...or liberals for that matter?

    If by secular you mean that American Jews love the Constitution and it's separation of church and state then you'd be right. But you aren't.

    All the Jewish members in congress will be attending Bibi's speech, so maybe you should get used to it.
    By secular, as in secular jew-I mean non-practicing. And, yes, Jews will be there too.

  9. #99
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite - CNN.com

    http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/im...ahu%5B1%5D.pdf



    interesting on its own



    perhaps even more interesting.



    When looking at these two in concert,
    Are we finally seeing a shift in the general populace with respect to our policies with Israel?


    Still ashamed that Congress gave into Netanyahu's cheap election ploy.
    The title of this thread is a lie. The poll asked if Obama should have spoken to first and NOT whether people oppose his visit.

  10. #100
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,529

    re: CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite [W:218]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If you don't want to end up in a dictatorship, you should oppose ALL extra-constitutional behavior by presidents.
    Maybe you could highlight in the constitution where the congress, or the speaker is constitutionally bound to ask the President's permission to invite someone to speak to congress?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •