Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 843

Thread: Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America[W:649]

  1. #511
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,725

    Re: Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The 'power vacuum' was created when Barrack Obama pulled the troops from Iraq. Prior to that there was no power vacuum whatsoever.
    There most certainly was a vacuum. And I won't even bring up the fact that it was Bush who put in motion removing American troops from Iraq. But IMO that really doesn't matter, personally I don't care if it was Bush's earlier agreement, or Obama that was the reason we left. The fact is we had to get out. 10+ years of Americans dying over there is enough. You wanted us there forever? Nope, not me.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    Much of the chaos in the ME is because of Bush and Chaney's war created a power vacuum. No sane person could be a fan of Saddam, but he did keep the lid on the religious fanatics. He's gone, as are other ME dictators, so that lid is off.

    We Americans, especially the conservatives and NeoCons, think every other country in the world can be another America. That all countries can be and want to be a melting pot and they will happily embrace democracy. That's a fallacy.But the MIC loves the Cheney's and the NeoCons and the lemmings who believe in that nonsense.
    You must be livid over the power vacuum left in Syria and Libya by Obama and Clinton.... right ??

  3. #513
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Giuliani, what a freak

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    Japan attacked the US because we refused to aid their genocide throughout Asia and the Pacific, only in the warped minds of the most delusional anti-American propagandists could refusing to provide aid for genocide be labeled as a an act of war or the action of an aggressor state.
    That's insanity. And you've got plenty of company too. Japan didn't invite the American monkey on their back for no reason at all. They were provoked, the sanctions being the least of which. And alone they would have worked around. But FDR wasn't satisfied with simply shutting off supplies of any materials that might aid their imperialism, he didn't like their eye on resources that the US was already exploiting from their own adventurism in the South Pacific a half century earlier. The problem was a country that didn't care!!! And was 80% against another war. That was a huge impediment for FDR, but he persevered, and with every bit of intrigue, deceit and damaging provocation, he swung public opinion. If you want to make an argument that what FDR did was the right thing to do, that we should have militarily confronted Japan and stopped their imperialism, do it, but it's a different matter. I'm making the point, a point that many historians know, which is that FDR did in fact endeavor to draw the first overt (very important distinction there) attack to pull the color of legitimacy for an all out declaration of war.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Giuliani, what a freak

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's insanity. And you've got plenty of company too. Japan didn't invite the American monkey on their back for no reason at all. They were provoked, the sanctions being the least of which. And alone they would have worked around. But FDR wasn't satisfied with simply shutting off supplies of any materials that might aid their imperialism, he didn't like their eye on resources that the US was already exploiting from their own adventurism in the South Pacific a half century earlier. The problem was a country that didn't care!!! And was 80% against another war. That was a huge impediment for FDR, but he persevered, and with every bit of intrigue, deceit and damaging provocation, he swung public opinion. If you want to make an argument that what FDR did was the right thing to do, that we should have militarily confronted Japan and stopped their imperialism, do it, but it's a different matter. I'm making the point, a point that many historians know, which is that FDR did in fact endeavor to draw the first overt (very important distinction there) attack to pull the color of legitimacy for an all out declaration of war.
    And you've just told me you dont know your basic history.

  5. #515
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,725

    Re: Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You must be livid over the power vacuum left in Syria and Libya by Obama and Clinton.... right ??
    Yep, I am.. They made mistakes too. Are you livid about President Cheney's war in Iraq, and the lies that got us there? And the problems that war has created in the ME? I'm mad about it all, and all the meddling we've done that have destabilized the region.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Giuliani, what a freak

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's insanity. And you've got plenty of company too. Japan didn't invite the American monkey on their back for no reason at all. They were provoked, the sanctions being the least of which. And alone they would have worked around. But FDR wasn't satisfied with simply shutting off supplies of any materials that might aid their imperialism, he didn't like their eye on resources that the US was already exploiting from their own adventurism in the South Pacific a half century earlier. The problem was a country that didn't care!!! And was 80% against another war. That was a huge impediment for FDR, but he persevered, and with every bit of intrigue, deceit and damaging provocation, he swung public opinion. If you want to make an argument that what FDR did was the right thing to do, that we should have militarily confronted Japan and stopped their imperialism, do it, but it's a different matter. I'm making the point, a point that many historians know, which is that FDR did in fact endeavor to draw the first overt (very important distinction there) attack to pull the color of legitimacy for an all out declaration of war.
    Let me guess... you are one of those folks that think FDR caused Pearl Harbor on purpose just to draw us into the war right ??

    Now, on 9/11, are you a proponent of LIHOP or MIHOP ??

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    There most certainly was a vacuum. And I won't even bring up the fact that it was Bush who put in motion removing American troops from Iraq. But IMO that really doesn't matter, personally I don't care if it was Bush's earlier agreement, or Obama that was the reason we left. The fact is we had to get out. 10+ years of Americans dying over there is enough. You wanted us there forever? Nope, not me.
    Really? There were no concerns expressed about any 'power vacuum' in Iraq or anywhere in the Middle East while the military was in Iraq. Only after BHO became President and removed the troops, and previous leaders like Gaddafi, was this 'power vacuum' created.

    It's just as well you didn't make the claim that "it was Bush who put in motion removing American troops from Iraq". That would only magnify your lack of knowledge in this area.

  8. #518
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Giuliani, what a freak

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That won't fly because you say it won't?

    Of course an 'unpatriotic' person cannot love their country. I can't see how you can define it any other way.

    And keep in mind that it was a presidential candidate who made this charge, not someone with no political office or with any overt interest in higher office.

    It is this sort of partisan blindness and the deliberate avoidance of reality that got an inexperienced BHO elected and why we see the problems we share in the world today.
    I have no clue what you are claiming.

  9. #519
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Giuliani, what a freak

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    And you've just told me you dont know your basic history.
    I told you that I don't know your basic spin on it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Giuliani, what a freak

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I have no clue what you are claiming.
    That's because I misread your post. My apologies.

Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •