Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 327

Thread: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

  1. #281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    not to my knowledge, which absence tells me that their wage floor setting protocol is working quite well
    .. it tells me you are working off the wrong premise.

  2. #282
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Very simple... loss leaders are heavily advertised and discounted to pull people into stores so that they buy other things.

    Wal-Mart rarely prices anything below their normal prices, except around Christmas.

    A loss leader does the store no good if no one knows about it.
    i was vague with my question
    how would you know the difference between an advertised discount and an advertised loss leader?
    the point being, you would have to know the cost of the product to walmart to make such a distinction

    and that all heralds back to a earlier mistaken post which insisted walmart generates a profit on every item sold
    it would - tho smaller - on the discounted advertised item
    it would not on the advertised loss leader offered
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #283
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    .. it tells me you are working off the wrong premise.
    then show us the correct premise and why you find it correct
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #284
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i was vague with my question
    how would you know the difference between an advertised discount and an advertised loss leader?
    the point being, you would have to know the cost of the product to walmart to make such a distinction

    and that all heralds back to a earlier mistaken post which insisted walmart generates a profit on every item sold
    it would - tho smaller - on the discounted advertised item
    it would not on the advertised loss leader offered
    You obviously don't shop at Wal-Mart.

    It is very, very rare that they have anything "on sale" or "discounted" in their stores EXCEPT at Christmas. The only exceptions are clearance items.

    Their listed prices are their listed prices.

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then show us the correct premise and why you find it correct
    that's been my point all along... there are no standards or formulas... there is nothing applied to measured efficacy or correctness.

    about the only thing we look at , in terms of wage floors, is the effect on unemployment... and nobody disagrees that it causes unemployment ( the only disagreement is to the degree it causes it)

  6. #286
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    that's been my point all along... there are no standards or formulas... there is nothing applied to measured efficacy or correctness.

    about the only thing we look at , in terms of wage floors, is the effect on unemployment... and nobody disagrees that it causes unemployment ( the only disagreement is to the degree it causes it)
    no, there is real disagreement
    the minimum wage increases have NOT contributed to unemployment
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no, there is real disagreement
    the minimum wage increases have NOT contributed to unemployment
    i'm sure the CBO will be surprised to hear they are wrong.

  8. #288
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You obviously don't shop at Wal-Mart.

    It is very, very rare that they have anything "on sale" or "discounted" in their stores EXCEPT at Christmas. The only exceptions are clearance items.

    Their listed prices are their listed prices.
    WalMart advertises sales items every week
    Levittown Neighborhood Market - Walmart.com
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #289
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    WalMart advertises sales items every week
    Levittown Neighborhood Market - Walmart.com
    Another avid Wal-Mart shopper I see....

    Those are everyday prices.

  10. #290
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Walmart Gives 500,000 Workers A Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Another avid Wal-Mart shopper I see....

    Those are everyday prices.
    Everyday prices? Really?

    Is that why it says
    SUPER SAVER

    VALID Feb 22 2015 - Feb 28 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •