Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #531
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,894

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You're still carrying on because I don't equate Rosa Parks with this baby? I didn't realize I upset you this much. I am sorry for doing that. Will it make you feel better if I declare this baby story the Rosa Parks for 2015 story?
    Did it sound like it was referring to you?

    Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #532
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,894

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post

    So are you not going to answer my question? A
    Sure, when you tell me how harmful it is to remove the appendix...after all, you did say that we wouldnt have any unneeded body parts...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #533
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not interested. This is a sad sad far tangential goose chase you are using to try and try and gain some self-respect. Sorry, I cant help ya there!
    Hardly.

  4. #534
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Did it sound like it was referring to you?

    Hmm.
    No, I guess I must have missed another post of yours like that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #535
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Sure, when you tell me how harmful it is to remove the appendix...after all, you did say that we wouldnt have any unneeded body parts...right?
    What does the appendix do Lursa? You might not be aware of this, but the days of it being seen as useless and extra have been over for some time now.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-20-15 at 10:10 PM.

  6. #536
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Is that a rhetorical question?

    I already said it:

    She wasn't being treated equally. She was being ordered to move to a section of the bus against her wishes.
    This family wasn't being treated equally.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #537
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    To be quite honest this did surprise me. For some reason I thought that educated people can and would rise above such blatant bigotry, but I guess that low life imbeciles exist in every walk of life.
    This doctor refused to treat an infant because the parents are gay.
    Lesbian couple says Michigan pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation | 7online.com
    What type of doctor 'develops a relationship' with the parents (etc)?

    I've taken my kids to the same team of doctors for years and outside of checkups and sick-visits there's no 'relationship'. We see whomever's on call. So I don't even get the 'issue' here - claiming it matters, it's just odd.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #538
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, and my opinion of the law isn't relevant to this story. This is the same reason I don't wander into the abortion section. Hypotheticals and emotion take over and there is no more rational posting.

    Nobody was harmed here. Nobody was hurt. I don't agree with the doctor's beliefs but I also don't agree with those of you who are demanding that she put her beliefs aside for no particular reason other than "what if?".
    Yes, actually it is relevant. You keep talking about "no harm" being done. That indicates that you believe that harm must be done for laws to cover something. Then do you or do you not agree with public accommodation laws that prevent doctors from denying service to people due to their race, sex, religion, etc? That is absolutely relevant because the situations would be the same except the class being used to deny service, one is protected, the other isn't, by the law.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #539
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    To be quite honest this did surprise me. For some reason I thought that educated people can and would rise above such blatant bigotry, but I guess that low life imbeciles exist in every walk of life.
    This doctor refused to treat an infant because the parents are gay.
    Lesbian couple says Michigan pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation | 7online.com
    The child was treated by a qualified physician. No harm don.

  10. #540
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Should have her license revoked... there is only one rule for doctors.. the Hippocratic oath
    And no harm was don.

Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •