Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Translation: you got NOTHING lol
    thats what we though
    facts win again
    We? Who is we? You not capable of just being you and making your stand?

  2. #292
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I love these threads. It's like a big outrage parade, where some people wear their outrage finery for all to see, all the while trying to out-outrage the last person. ****ing hilarious!
    Outrageous post. +10
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #293
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Actually, it is a discussion on what people choose to discuss in the thread.

    And it's not just about an isolated incident...it should be obvious to you by now that many here believe it has broader implications for society. And that there are already precedents to use as examples. I used cops and firemen. I also used a logical hypothetical situation that could occur in a more dangerous context.

    I also explained why it was important to examine it in broader context: to protect the doctors AND patients in the future.

    If you choose not to discuss the OP with regards to those very relevant offshoots, then dont.
    Except there's no problem to discuss in this case in the first place. The child never was without care. ONE doctor in the group didn't like the parents' lifestyle, another doctor from the same group stepped in and provided care going forward. The lesbians just didn't like that someone might object to their lifestyle. The child's care had nothing to do with this. They should have just gotten a puppy. The idiot drama this poor kid is going to have to live with.

  4. #294
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,143

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh, so the "Plan B" debacle had nothing to do with pharmacists thinking it was an abortion inducing pill, and that wasn't in your mind when you posted about Plan B. Of course.

    Okay, let me rephrase my post. I wasn't talking about Plan B.

    There is no implication. If you believe this to be a terrible tragedy, fine. I don't. We will have to disagree.
    Oh, their perception. Yes, I suppose it does. They're medically wrong, and they should be fired for refusing a service they claim to offer, however.

    There is no implication in saying they can't see a child because the parents are gay? Ok then. Whatever beach is most comfortable for you to bury your head in.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I love these threads. It's like a big outrage parade, where some people wear their outrage finery for all to see, all the while trying to out-outrage the last person. ****ing hilarious!
    I think it's funny that a few of these posters are regularly arguing the pro-choice side in the abortion forum, but here they are arguing for the side that thinks they are owed other peoples labor. I doubt they even see why that is entertaining to watch either.

  6. #296
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,941

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    not everyone agrees with the lgbt lifestyles......no surprise there

    certain people will not want to do business with, or interact with said people

    the government in a lot of cases is now FORCING that to happen by using anti discrimination laws

    but no matter how many laws you put on the books, or how many ordinances are passed, some people will still detest people in the lgbt world

    just as other people will always dislike chicanos, or blacks, or chinese, or etc

    for most people these are not an issue.....for others it is

    you cant force people to LIKE someone they dont.....

    they can find all kinds of ways of not dealing with the situation....they just cant tell you they refuse your business because your look and act gay

    you wont change the minds of a lot of stout religious people....and that pisses so many of you off

    the more you keep pushing your agenda, the harder some people will dig in

    this is not a major issue....plenty of doctors available, and it wasnt an emergency

    the gay community has got to stop the omg i've been discriminated against again tirades

    it is hurting their cause.....not helping it

    they want everyone to deal with their sexual orientation whether they approve or not

    life just doesnt work that way
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  7. #297
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Oh, their perception. Yes, I suppose it does. They're medically wrong, and they should be fired for refusing a service they claim to offer, however.

    There is no implication in saying they can't see a child because the parents are gay? Ok then. Whatever beach is most comfortable for you to bury your head in.
    No, the refusing doctor was NOT "medically wrong". And her reason could just as well been because the parents were daredevils, or professional beggars, or never bathed. The doctor couldn't face the parents' lifestyle, so the medical group provided another doctor that could to cover this patient.

  8. #298
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh, okay. Then ask the people who want to discuss firemen and policemen and emergencies to discuss that, Lursa. I'm in a thread about a non-emergency situation. So I guess you just wasted your fingers with me because I'm not going off tangent with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    ...is it your position that it would never happen in a life or death situation?
    .........
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #299
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,715

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Except there's no problem to discuss in this case in the first place. The child never was without care. ONE doctor in the group didn't like the parents' lifestyle, another doctor from the same group stepped in and provided care going forward. The lesbians just didn't like that someone might object to their lifestyle. The child's care had nothing to do with this. They should have just gotten a puppy. The idiot drama this poor kid is going to have to live with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    ...is it your position that it would never happen in a life or death situation?
    .........
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #300
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Oh, their perception. Yes, I suppose it does. They're medically wrong, and they should be fired for refusing a service they claim to offer, however.

    There is no implication in saying they can't see a child because the parents are gay? Ok then. Whatever beach is most comfortable for you to bury your head in.
    I don't care why a doctor in a group practice decides to ask another doctor to see a patient instead of her. Would the story have been different because the doctor asked her partner to see the baby because she didn't want to see the baby because the parents smelled bad? Because she doesn't like people with accents? Because the parents were too loud? Because there were 12 relatives from the trailer park who wanted to join the visit? Because she used to be married to one of the parent's brother? That's a rhetorical question, because the answer is "yes". You don't really care who saw the baby. Nobody does. What you care about I believe is that you don't like that this woman disapproves of the gay lifestyle. I get that.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •