Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #21
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    yeah, eventually they did. And rosa parks could've "known her place" on the back of the bus. No problem right? I mean, she did get on the bus

    Such discrimination harms the children of gay couples, just from knowing they are 2nd class, not to mention there is no justifiable reason for them to be inconvenienced even in the slightest, just because the parents are gay

    You seem to care more about trivializing the disgusting behavior of this "doctor"
    This was for a wellness visit, there was no cracked skull or other serious issue. You are over dramatizing by saying "eventually they did". From the story: "The new mothers were shocked, hurt and angry, and they proceeded with the appointment with the other doctor, then found another pediatric group for their baby." Sure there was some drama from the physician: ""Dr. told us she didn't even come to the office that morning because she didn't want to see us."

    Comparing this to Rosa Parks? Applying that standard to every situation trivializing both your argument and Rosa Parks.

  2. #22
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    This was for a wellness visit, there was no cracked skull or other serious issue. You are over dramatizing by saying "eventually they did". From the story: "The new mothers were shocked, hurt and angry, and they proceeded with the appointment with the other doctor, then found another pediatric group for their baby." Sure there was some drama from the physician: ""Dr. told us she didn't even come to the office that morning because she didn't want to see us."

    Comparing this to Rosa Parks? Applying that standard to every situation trivializing both your argument and Rosa Parks.
    It's only diff if you favor the rights of one group over another. She got on the bus. Where's the harm?? Tell me that please

    Here is the harm: "The new mothers were shocked, hurt and angry" - and that is abhorrent for a so-called healer to be a part of

  3. #23
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    I would be interested to hear what that doctors religion is. I have to say I'd be pretty shocked if my daughter's doctor refused to see her anymore because the doctor didn't agree religiously with some part of my lifestyle that had nothing to do with a baby receiving medical care. I'm glad the baby was still able to get medical care.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    "As it turns out, Roi has free choice too - the American Medical Association says physicians cannot refuse to care for patients based on sexual orientation, but doctors can refuse treatment if it's incompatible with their personal, religious or moral beliefs.In Michigan - there are no laws that protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender families from discrimination."

    That law will change real soon.
    Yes, because clearly the US is circling the drain.

  5. #25
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    "a freaking baby is being denied medical care"

    The baby wasn't denied medical care. Another doctor in the practice provided the baby with medical care.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    This was for a wellness visit, there was no cracked skull or other serious issue. You are over dramatizing by saying "eventually they did".


    Separate but equal is OK with many on the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I would be interested to hear what that doctors religion is. I have to say I'd be pretty shocked if my daughter's doctor refused to see her anymore because the doctor didn't agree religiously with some part of my lifestyle that had nothing to do with a baby receiving medical care. I'm glad the baby was still able to get medical care.
    Was sent to a middle eastern doctor recently that asked me a number of religious based questions. I ended telling him to go pound sand. See it works both ways.
    You don't want to treat certain people in a non emergency setting, you should have that option as a human.
    And if you are not happy with a certain doctor, you can go find another one.
    But, I forgot. We are the United States of the Offended and must go on a crusade to crush all people with a different world view.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    My suspicion is that the child would probably get better care from a different pediatrician. Perhaps everyone is fortunate it happened. Imagine subjecting yourself to a doctor that doesn't want to treat you.

  8. #28
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,231

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    It's only diff if you favor the rights of one group over another. She got on the bus. Where's the harm?? Tell me that please

    Here is the harm: "The new mothers were shocked, hurt and angry" - and that is abhorrent for a so-called healer to be a part of
    The mothers weren't the patients.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #29
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    It's only diff if you favor the rights of one group over another. She got on the bus. Where's the harm?? Tell me that please

    Here is the harm: "The new mothers were shocked, hurt and angry" - and that is abhorrent for a so-called healer to be a part of
    Clearly you are the one that favors the rights of one group over another. I applaud these women for going to another clinic where they feel comfortable, again, comparing this to Rosa Parks is dishonest. Mrs. Parks had no such choice, but you still have your crusade to carry you foward, just don't expect universal agreement.

  10. #30
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Was sent to a middle eastern doctor recently that asked me a number of religious based questions. I ended telling him to go pound sand. See it works both ways.
    You don't want to treat certain people in a non emergency setting, you should have that option as a human.
    And if you are not happy with a certain doctor, you can go find another one.
    But, I forgot. We are the United States of the Offended and must go on a crusade to crush all people with a different world view.
    If you have to give each patient 30 questions before treating them to make sure no part of them offends your religion, then why did you become a doctor again? If you are so religious that it's going to interfere with your work, then maybe you should not get into a field where you have to deal with other people.

    But I forgot. We are the United States of the offended and must go on a crusade to deny other people with a different world view medical care. See it works both ways again.

    You think it's okay for the doctor to be offended but not the patients.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •