Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #221
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    It really is astound, to me at least, the extent to which you go to excuse this behavior.

    Was it really? Is that the impression you got or you are just deeming it so because of your position?

    I would bet you any amount that had they known in advance about her that would have never even gone in the same zip code, but fact is that she saw them in a prenatal visit and then decided that being a bigot is more important than professional standards. A for the "relationship" it is a line of BS. A physician is not supposed to develop a relationship beyond that of a professional one and not a single professional relationship criteria includes bigotry as an acceptable standard.
    I don't care about the behavior. I wouldn't care if Bob down the street called one of the wives a fat sob either. You do. So care about it, but don't expect others to worry about one adult not liking the bedroom preferences of two other adults.

    By the way, yes, as a mother of 3, I'm basing my opinion on experience. I changed pediatricians once because I didn't like her bedside manner and the way she talked down to my husband for asking a question. Or am I not allowed to have opinions on doctor selections for my own family because experience isn't important to you?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #222
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Would we? I think you missed my point though. Drawing the line is done by the one seeking the service, not the one providing it.

    Tim-
    I hope you are never in the need of life saving intervention having to do the seeking.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Again people, you are not owed the labor of others. Stop being a bunch of entitled dumbasses.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    I hope you are never in the need of life saving intervention having to do the seeking.
    These doctors, or in any state, are not permitted to deny emergency care, not even in Michigan. The point I was trying to make is, why wouldn't you as a homosexual seek out service from those that were more accepting?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #225
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird i dont assume she is anythign if you read back you;ll see me claim a couple of times id like to know what she is because it makse no sensem i have no clue what she is because i dont know any religion that logical would be the foundation of her decision.
    2.) actually they are the same thing who doesnt get the healthcare? the child
    but please lets not talk about such a mentally retarded example of splitting hairs like that, im keeping it to topic and will continue to do so.
    say we use your wording for ****s and giggles.

    I still dont know any religion that would be the foundation to not treat the child based on a patient/parent relationship

    and you didnt answer my question.
    I asked why would I assume she is christian? would you?
    I don't assume she's anything. I don't really care what her religion is. It's not relevant to anything.

    Not my business what who people marry, and not my business what other adults think of other people's choice of marriage partners, either. She's free to not want to associate with the parents, just as they're free not to want to associate with her.

    The baby got medical care.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    The real real issue is where to draw the line, because not every case works out lie this one where another doctor saw the baby. Life is full of unexpected events and accidents, and if all the people who took it upon themselves to serve the public all of a sudden started picking and choosing who among the public meets their criteria, we would see the end of civilized society.
    No one serves the public. Your entire line of reasoning is based on a false premise.

  7. #227
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't care about the behavior. I wouldn't care if Bob down the street called one of the wives a fat sob either. You do. So care about it, but don't expect others to worry about one adult not liking the bedroom preferences of two other adults.

    By the way, yes, as a mother of 3, I'm basing my opinion on experience. I changed pediatricians once because I didn't like her bedside manner and the way she talked down to my husband for asking a question. Or am I not allowed to have opinions on doctor selections for my own family because experience isn't important to you?
    You are correct. A non-news story blown out of the water.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If you're in a group practice as a doctor, do you think you should have the right to ask your partner to cover for you?
    That didnt answer my question. In each case...Dr, cop, fireman, there would be cases where there was little or no time to shift responsibilities to others. Are their religious beliefs a justifiable reason to deny assistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #229
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't care about the behavior.
    Yes that is quite clear, hence to impression that you are an apologist for it.

    I wouldn't care if Bob down the street called one of the wives a fat sob either. You do.
    Of course I do I used to date her...
    But why are yo making this stuff up?

    So care about it, but don't expect others to worry about one adult not liking the bedroom preferences of two other adults.
    Except this is not about that but the failure of a bigot to do what she took upon herself to do.

    By the way, yes, as a mother of 3, I'm basing my opinion on experience.
    Relevance?

  10. #230
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    You may not care but I sure do. I don't need emotionally unstable trainwrecks anywhere me or mine.
    And that's the beauty of this story. She didn't see their baby, and another perfectly qualified doctor in the same practice did, with no inconvenience to the parents at all. And now the parents are free to leave the practice and go elsewhere if they want. Which is why there's no major story here.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •