Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #211
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,281

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Does that go for cops and firemen too?

    This doc was part of a larger practice....

    Do cops and firemen give up their right to practice their religious beliefs in the commission of their jobs?
    If you're in a group practice as a doctor, do you think you should have the right to ask your partner to cover for you?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #212
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    The real real issue is where to draw the line, because not every case works out lie this one where another doctor saw the baby. Life is full of unexpected events and accidents, and if all the people who took it upon themselves to serve the public all of a sudden started picking and choosing who among the public meets their criteria, we would see the end of civilized society.
    Would we? I think you missed my point though. Drawing the line is done by the one seeking the service, not the one providing it.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #213
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You still haven't posted any facts that you say support your idiotic claims.
    another post and another lie and strawman lol
    Try to make a post that doesnt completely fail next time
    also we are STILL waiting on you, please let us know when you have any facts that support your failed claims, . . . . heck just ONE will do . . . thanks!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #214
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,281

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    why would I? do you?
    thats easy to answer, theres nothing in Christianity that says she can't provide healthcare to that child
    So you assume she's what....Muslim?

    And she didn't refuse to provide healthcare to the child because of her religion. She didn't think she would be the right person to have a doctor/patient relationship with the child's parents because of her religion. Not the same thing.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #215
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,281

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And if her partner had said "no, I feel the same as you do"? That is the point.

    I'm not calling for anything to be legally done to this doctor, but I think it is very important that other people are aware of her religion based bigotry. I also think there should be laws protecting people from it because of the scenarios where there isn't a backup available.
    But her partner didn't say no. So you're basing this off a hypothetical. It didn't happen.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #216
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,212

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    She served the baby by having her partner see the baby.
    It really is astounding, to me at least, the extent to which you go to excuse this behavior.

    Which was probably a better experience for the parents as well.
    Was it really? Is that the impression you got or you are just deeming it so because of your position?

    Why would they want to have a doctor see their baby who refuses to see them the same way a hetero couple is seen?
    I would bet you any amount that had they known in advance about her that would have never even gone in the same zip code, but fact is that she saw them in a prenatal visit and then decided that being a bigot is more important than professional standards. A for the "relationship" it is a line of BS. A physician is not supposed to develop a relationship beyond that of a professional one and not a single professional relationship criteria includes bigotry as an acceptable standard.
    Last edited by prometeus; 02-20-15 at 02:33 PM.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another post and another lie and strawman lol
    Try to make a post that doesnt completely fail next time
    also we are STILL waiting on you, please let us know when you have any facts that support your failed claims, . . . . heck just ONE will do . . . thanks!
    Excellent circular argument to go nowhere with. Typical gay agenda justification.

  8. #218
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientat

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    1.)So you assume she's what....Muslim?
    2.)And she didn't refuse to provide healthcare to the child because of her religion. She didn't think she would be the right person to have a doctor/patient relationship with the child's parents because of her religion. Not the same thing.
    1.) weird i dont assume she is anything if you read back you'll see me claim a couple of times id like to know what she is because it makes no sense. i have no clue what she is because i dont know any religion that logically would be the foundation of her decision.
    2.) actually they are the same thing who doesnt get the healthcare? the child
    but please lets not talk about such a mentally retarded example of splitting hairs like that, im keeping it to topic and will continue to do so.
    say we use your wording for ****s and giggles.

    I still dont know any religion that would be the foundation to not treat the child based on a patient/doctor/parent relationship

    and you didnt answer my question.
    I asked why would I assume she is christian? would you?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 02-20-15 at 02:34 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,212

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I recall, at some point in my DP history, using the example of "What if a doctor denied baby care because he didn't think the parents should have had a baby" as an intentionally absurd extension to people who are ok with doctors and pharmacologistis denying Plan B and permanent birth control procedures, another place where for some reason we allow doctors to refuse to do their job over their sanctimony.

    I never imagined in a million years a doctor would be enough of a bigoted prick to actually do it.

    It's terrible enough to deny care because you assume a woman is a slut, or you're so patronizing that you don't believe women are intellectually capable of making their own family planning choices.

    But to project that onto a baby? Really? This is where America fallen to? And people are defending this? Denying health care to someone who didn't even get to make any choices in the first place, because of who their parents happen to be?

    People are so dogmatic about defending the bigoted's supposed "right" to harm others that they would allow a doctor to deny a baby health care? What if this had been an issue of illness, rather than routine?

    No law can function in reality, when you look at it in a vacuum. That's why there's a "yelling fire in a crowded room" exception. But if that were to come up as a case today, I bet people would sit there and shrug about people getting trampled to death because some idiot decided to start a stampede, defending his "speech rights."

    Doctors who are unwilling to do their job need their license revoked. They should not be able to refuse care because they don't like someone, much less refuse care because they don't like someone who isn't even their patient. Their job is to serve the health of the population. If they can't deal with that, they should do something else.

    Is everyone just going to let this get to the point where they have no idea if a given doctor will help them and they just have to knock on doors until they find someone who isn't a selfish asshole? America's health care system is broken enough, without adding in exceptions for bigots to refuse to help their patients.

    There was a time when doctors were expected to keep their personal nonsense to themselves and just do their damn job, rather than being permitted to hang people's health in the balance of their judgmentality. If you want to preech to the unwashed masses, go be a pastor.

    I don't give a **** about the "free speech" of doctors on the job. Their job is to treat people, not to make a point. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be in the health care profession. People's health is too important to be subject to the whims of bigots.
    Great post, thank you.

  10. #220
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Excellent circular argument to go nowhere with. Typical gay agenda justification.
    Translation: you got NOTHING lol
    thats what we though
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •