Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #11
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You know very well what I mean. The child needed care and refusing care is a fundamental break of any doctors oath or position.
    Obviously it is but take it up with the AMA and the state of michigan (one of the worst to be lgbt). It's absolutely insane that a profession dedicated to science and healing and a government under oath to protect its citizens and uphold the constitution would instead defer to lunatic religious dogma.

    This "doctor" should lose a lot more than the license

  2. #12
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    "As it turns out, Roi has free choice too - the American Medical Association says physicians cannot refuse to care for patients based on sexual orientation, but doctors can refuse treatment if it's incompatible with their personal, religious or moral beliefs.In Michigan - there are no laws that protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender families from discrimination."

    That law will change real soon.
    you haven't been to michigan if you think so. Currently the state senate is busy with - instead of fixing the 3rd world roads and bridges or the 50:1 student teacher ratio - passing a "religious freedom" law that would *increase* discrimination

    Supporters of that law insisted this kind of atrocity would never happen, but even without it, because the AMA won't stop it and neither will 28 states, a freaking baby is being denied medical care

    I mean this is the same state that won't allow gay couples to co-adopt, so if the adoptive parent dies then the kid goes back to foster care. It's that evil

  3. #13
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You know very well what I mean. The child needed care and refusing care is a fundamental break of any doctors oath or position.
    I read exactly what you wrote, it was quite clear and unambiguous. It's not my fault that you never read the Hippocratic Oath to know all that you demand of physician behaviour. At no time did the baby not have access to care and I'm sure that Dr. Karam is just as qualified.

    There are no laws or medical code of ethics that support your position so you reach out to the ancient text of the Hippocratic Oath (but only for those parts you think support your views and discard the rest).

  4. #14
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    you haven't been to michigan if you think so. Currently the state senate is busy with - instead of fixing the 3rd world roads and bridges or the 50:1 student teacher ratio - passing a "religious freedom" law that would *increase* discrimination

    Supporters of that law insisted this kind of atrocity would never happen, but even without it, because the AMA won't stop it and neither will 28 states, a freaking baby is being denied medical care

    I mean this is the same state that won't allow gay couples to co-adopt, so if the adoptive parent dies then the kid goes back to foster care. It's that evil
    "a freaking baby is being denied medical care"

    The parents went to a medical facility and they received care. You seem to care more about your agenda.

  5. #15
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    To be quite honest this did surprise me. For some reason I thought that educated people can and would rise above such blatant bigotry, but I guess that low life imbeciles exist in every walk of life.
    This doctor refused to treat an infant because the parents are gay.
    Lesbian couple says Michigan pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation | 7online.com
    well this definitely is gross, tasteless and moronic bigotry thats just a fact . . .

    In the not so far future the spreading of equal rights will make this illegal in this situation, as it should be . . . illegal discrimination based on sexual orientation because the moron of a woman admitted to her bigotry

    just out of curiosity though what I want to know is, how is giving healthcare to the baby "wrong" in the eyes of her religion? what possible religion could she be?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #16
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    To be quite honest this did surprise me. For some reason I thought that educated people can and would rise above such blatant bigotry, but I guess that low life imbeciles exist in every walk of life.
    This doctor refused to treat an infant because the parents are gay.
    Lesbian couple says Michigan pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation | 7online.com

    EDIT: DOUBLE POST

    well this definitely is gross, tasteless and moronic bigotry thats just a fact . . .

    In the not so far future the spreading of equal rights will make this illegal in this situation, as it should be . . . illegal discrimination based on sexual orientation because the moron of a woman admitted to her bigotry

    just out of curiosity though what I want to know is, how is giving healthcare to the baby "wrong" in the eyes of her religion? what possible religion could she be?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #17
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    "a freaking baby is being denied medical care"

    The parents went to a medical facility and they received care. You seem to care more about your agenda.
    yeah, eventually they did. And rosa parks could've "known her place" on the back of the bus. No problem right? I mean, she did get on the bus

    Such discrimination harms the children of gay couples, just from knowing they are 2nd class, not to mention there is no justifiable reason for them to be inconvenienced even in the slightest, just because the parents are gay

    You seem to care more about trivializing the disgusting behavior of this "doctor"

  8. #18
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I read exactly what you wrote, it was quite clear and unambiguous. It's not my fault that you never read the Hippocratic Oath to know all that you demand of physician behaviour. At no time did the baby not have access to care and I'm sure that Dr. Karam is just as qualified.

    There are no laws or medical code of ethics that support your position so you reach out to the ancient text of the Hippocratic Oath (but only for those parts you think support your views and discard the rest).
    This has nothing to do with abortion or whatever you're on about, as this facility does not perform abortions. The fact is the oath they swear to back in medical school is a *variation* on the ancient text. In most cases the oath they take does *not* include the part about refusing abortions. Likewise, it does not include "I swear by Apollo" and other rubbish that bears no relevance to 21st century

    You can mock Hippocrates or the oath all day, but by actually attempting to treat babies, he was a damn slight wiser and more humane than this "doctor"

  9. #19
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    To be quite honest this did surprise me. For some reason I thought that educated people can and would rise above such blatant bigotry, but I guess that low life imbeciles exist in every walk of life.
    This doctor refused to treat an infant because the parents are gay.
    Lesbian couple says Michigan pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation | 7online.com
    This is soooo hard to believe. What kind of God do people with this mindset pray to? Yet the parents of little Bay should be grateful this JERK passed on treating their little girl. I hope the publicity destroys their practice. Remember, the practice nor the doctor didn't really have to say why why she didn't want to treat her. What this pediatrician did was hateful.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #20
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    you haven't been to michigan if you think so. Currently the state senate is busy with - instead of fixing the 3rd world roads and bridges or the 50:1 student teacher ratio - passing a "religious freedom" law that would *increase* discrimination

    Supporters of that law insisted this kind of atrocity would never happen, but even without it, because the AMA won't stop it and neither will 28 states, a freaking baby is being denied medical care

    I mean this is the same state that won't allow gay couples to co-adopt, so if the adoptive parent dies then the kid goes back to foster care. It's that evil
    "a freaking baby is being denied medical care"

    The baby wasn't denied medical care. Another doctor in the practice provided the baby with medical care.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •