Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 832

Thread: Michigan lesbian couple says pediatrician denied baby care due to sexual orientation

  1. #171
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    So how did it happen to you. Did you have to marry a gay guy, had to participate in gay sex, had to at least watch it? Did you have to give them money, just how exactly were you forced in any way to do anything? And how is your life and your marriage affected in any way?
    He doesn't accept the gay "lifestyle"

    Claims he's being forced to accept the gay "lifestyle"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #172
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Just because there is no "direct effect". Does not mean I don't have an opinion. How does murder affect you? If not at all, then it should be legal, right?
    WTH? lol

    thats not analogous either holy cow.

    murder is illegal because it is a violation of rights, making it legal would only increase the changes of you having your rights violated, either way its a rights violation.

    giving gays equal rights doesnt effect YOUR rights and does nothing to you, banning it is a violation of rights, allowing it is the protection of rights.

    100% different and NOT analogous
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #173
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    He doesn't accept the gay "lifestyle"

    Claims he's being forced to accept the gay "lifestyle"
    claim but can't support that in anyway

    nobody EVER has to "accept" it lol its a common lie that is told but nobody buys it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #174
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    claim but can't support that in anyway

    nobody EVER has to "accept" it lol its a common lie that is told but nobody buys it
    They argue that the only harm was that some lesbians had their feelings hurt

    And whine when their feelings are hurt by being forced to "accept" homosexuality (even though that's a lie)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    WTH? lol

    thats not analogous either holy cow.

    murder is illegal because it is a violation of rights, making it legal would only increase the changes of you having your rights violated, either way its a rights violation.

    giving gays equal rights doesnt effect YOUR rights and does nothing to you, banning it is a violation of rights, allowing it is the protection of rights.

    100% different and NOT analogous
    If I kill someone, how is that violating YOUR rights.

  6. #176
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If I kill someone, how is that violating YOUR rights.
    where did i say if you murder someone else it directly violates my rights?

    oh thats right, i didnt. Another failed strawman lol

    but lets play out the mentally inept question you asked.
    It doesnt so how does giving equal rights to gays violate YOUR rights?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #177
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,505
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually, it doesn't matter if the Bible says anything about other minority groups or not, so long as the law allows a religious exemption, the doctors would then be able to deny them service based on this because of their religious beliefs. Believe God is against interracial or interfaith or single parents? A religious exemption technically allows for you to turn these people away, even if you are a doctor. And that is the huge issue with allowing for religious exemptions of discrimination laws. It allows people to use religion as an excuse to discriminate against people even when other reasoning would not fly.
    This can of worms is enormous, considering that the Bible isn't the only religious authority in the world.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    where did i say if you murder someone else it directly violates my rights?

    oh thats right, i didnt. Another failed strawman lol

    but lets play out the mentally inept question you asked.
    It doesnt so how does giving equal rights to gays violate YOUR rights?
    You are the one blathering about peoples rights and how things effect others lives and marriages.

  9. #179
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You are the one blathering about peoples rights and how things effect others lives and marriages.
    LOL i KNEW you wouldnt answer because it further expose the failure in your posts
    also you MIGHT want to read the thread again you seem lost and have no clue what you are talking about lol
    let us know when you have any facts that support your failed claims, thanks!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #180
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,208

    Re: Bigotry is well and alive even among doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Just because there is no "direct effect". Does not mean I don't have an opinion.
    Opinions yes, but now you are admitting that it really does not affect you, thus the assertion that you are forced or something is forced no you is just BS.

    How does murder affect you?
    The next victim could be you or I or someone we love so it is a danger to all of us. Do you feel that someone might violate you because their marriage is lacking?

    If not at all, then it should be legal, right?
    You have to do better than that. This reasoning is just plain stupid.

Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •