Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 367

Thread: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108 mill

  1. #81
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    So you don't think we are going to learn plenty once people actually announce their candidacy?
    I sure do. So if you aren't interested in knowing a little now, why did you read this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #82
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Do you think the cost of a letter represents an actual figure?
    That's what a stamp costs me, that's all I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #83
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,932

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    deferring does not equal defaulting.
    Double post
    Last edited by JANFU; 02-19-15 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  4. #84
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,932

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    deferring does not equal defaulting.
    From a 1 Billion surplus to deficit is not sound planning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #85
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    From a 1 Billion surplus to deficit is not sound planning.
    Yea, when I was doing the math in my head, I come up with the possibility that the state had to have increased spending by about $750 million dollars to have accomplished that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #86
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,932

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yea, when I was doing the math in my head, I come up with the possibility that the state had to have increased spending by about $750 million dollars to have accomplished that.
    As the old saying goes-it was a smooth move exlax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #87
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,699

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    If I recall Bush did that, results were not positive.
    Taxes were cut and we had the best tax revenues ever. Had we not had the loan meltdown, those tax revenues would have kept flowing and hopefully we would have gotten some budget cutting congresscritters in place to reduce spending (my biggest complaint about the gov't at that time - they spent like a bunch of drunken Democrats). The Clinton era of prosperity was due to the long term effects of the Reagan era tax cuts. So yes, the results were positive, we just had a congress that spent too much and a People who borrowed too much - neither of which means that the tax cuts didn't increase tax revenue.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,735

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Are the governors likely candidates for POTUS? Did those states just have massive tax cuts with no plan to balance the budget?
    does it matter if they are running for POTUS? those states have massive taxes and still can't balance their budgets.

  9. #89
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,932

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Taxes were cut and we had the best tax revenues ever. Had we not had the loan meltdown, those tax revenues would have kept flowing and hopefully we would have gotten some budget cutting congresscritters in place to reduce spending (my biggest complaint about the gov't at that time - they spent like a bunch of drunken Democrats). The Clinton era of prosperity was due to the long term effects of the Reagan era tax cuts. So yes, the results were positive, we just had a congress that spent too much and a People who borrowed too much - neither of which means that the tax cuts didn't increase tax revenue.
    Can we have some numbers & some links for that please. Over 1 Billion is a large number- revenue up- yet go from a massive surplu to a substantial deficit-
    Loan meltdown???? Clarification please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,735

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    From a 1 Billion surplus to deficit is not sound planning.
    the surplus was a projection that didn't turn out. the tax cut was made on the projected surplus. it happens all the time.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •